Exceeded my Expectations! Excessive Weight Gain After Hypothyroid - Minneapolis, MN

After gaining excessive fat around my mid section...

After gaining excessive fat around my mid section from having a hypo-thyroid, I made the decision to try liposuction as the fat caused me discomfort when I exercised and had done a lot of damage to my self esteem. For several months prior, I had drastically changed my diet to eliminate wheat and most grains. I lost 4 inches around my still too large waist just from eliminating grains, even though I only lost 4 lbs.. Since the diet is a forever life style change, I needed to see what that would do and make sure my weight was somewhat stable after taking thyroid meds for almost a year.

I decided to have lipo on my upper and lower abs, back, and flanks.

The surgical team was fantastic. I can't even describe what a beautiful job they did. I only felt nauseous the first time I stood up, and was given some meds. I never felt sick after that.

I could see the results right away. The swelling wasn't bad at all and I followed his advice to take arnica montana, I also used the arnica montana cream. The stitches are healing beautifully and are already almost to a point where you can barely notice where they were.

I work out a lot and never had the figure I have now, but at least now you can tell I work out.:) It's only been a month since the procedure and there is a little more swelling that needs to go down before the final results. I started walking on day 5, was only able to walk 1 mph, but I went each day and was up to 4 mph by day 8. After my follow up visit a week later, he said it was ok to lift weights, so I have eased into that. I found that the walking and eliptical machine for an hour per day helped the bruising clear up faster.

I do believe that if I didn't do much strength training that the recovery would have been worse. I have strong ab and leg muscles, so immediately after surgery I was able to get up and down with ease and didn't need help with anything. If I had weak abs, I think it would have been harder. I mostly felt tired and bruised.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I thoroughly researched the various board certified cosmetic surgeons and the different types of liposuction available. I knew what kind of lipo I did not want. I found it hard to find many before and after pictures for lipo - most pictures where for breast jobs. I went with credentials and overall ratings in general, and I decided on Dr. Fasching before I even met him. Dr. Fasching is a true artist and did an amazing job. During my first appointment, I had my list of questions which he gladly answered. Dr. Fasching is direct and to the point, and I like that. I scheduled the procedure that day and had it done 2 weeks later. I had a good feeling about him and went with my gut instincts. You can tell that Dr. Fasching enjoys his job. He's very upbeat but very serious when explaining things or answering questions. I knew he would do a good job, I was never worried or doubted - but he did an outstanding job that exceeded what I had even hoped for.