Experience As Expected - Minneapolis, MN

The medi spa I go to was offering a 50% of special...

The medi spa I go to was offering a 50% of special on laser hair removal. I elected to do my facial hair and underarms as this is a really good deal. I'm light skinned but I knew going in that any of the lighter colored hair may not be successfully removed in the process. I noticed a significant difference after the first treatment. Many of the fine darker hairs on my upper lip were gone and my underarms that I used to have shave daily were now growing much slower. I'm half way through the package of 6 that I purchased and there are stubborn, course, lighter hairs on my face that I'll probably have to continue to pluck but they are not nearly as noticeable as the darker hair was so I don't mind this so much. My underarms only require shaving about once a week or so.

My esthetician told me up front that laser is not considered permenant and would likely need to follow up with sessions in coming years to keep up with. The good thing is that at least the hair growth is much more spare than it used to be and got rid of the darker hair I've had since I was young. Overall I'm satisfied and I'm not even finished with the treatement yet!

I chose this provider because I've used them before for micro peels. They are nearby and run specials. I also have other friends that go there for botox and have never heard any bad reviews of this medi spa. I'm happy with all of the treatments I've received. But I'm also realistic and don't ask for a miracle cure. No one is going to look like an air brushed model on a magazine cover!