July 2 Tummy Tuck- post op pictures posted - Minneapolis, MN

I am 36, 5'8" and 150 lbs. I've been...

I am 36, 5'8" and 150 lbs. I've been bothered by my belly ever since I had my daughter at a young age. I exercise, watch what I eat and work hard to be as healthy as possible. Despite all my efforts my belly just won't go away. I've decided to have a tt because I want my outward body to look as healthy as I feel. Like many of you, this isn't about anyone but me. I am doing this for myself only. I want to be proud of my body and I want to better see the results of my healthy lifestyle. My husband doesn't understand, but is supportive, which is all I can ask for and expect. July 2nd is just around the corner and I'm really looking forward to my new body. 47 days to go!

I am a month away from my tt surgery. I made the...

I am a month away from my tt surgery. I made the decision to move forward with the surgery in late March and have been anticipating my new look ever since. I started out obsessing about every detail, and since then have been able to find a happy place. I've scheduled my pre-op physical, scheduled the money transfer from my savings to my checking account, and I've even wrote out the check. I'm two weeks away from sending my payment in full, and I'm not having any second thoughts. I'm so ready to go through with this. I'm grateful to have this resource for sharing stories, hopes and fears. I will post photos once my surgery date is a little closer.

Taking these pictures really reinforced my...

Taking these pictures really reinforced my decision. They made feel self conscious, and fat :-(. I hope that my ps can get most of my stretch marks below my belly button. I posted some photos in some pants that I'd like to wear after surgery. I typically wear a size 8, and these pants are a size 6. I hate how my tummy above my bb goes over EVERYTHING I wear. I can't wait to wear clothes without that concern.

I've noticed that a lot of tummy tuckers post...

I've noticed that a lot of tummy tuckers post their height and weight, and their before and after photos, but not measurements. I'm very curious to see how my measurements change. I thought others that are considering a tt may be interested too. So, here are my before measurements.

My ribs just below my breasts: 32"
The smallest part of my waist (about 2" above my bb): 31 3/4"
Right at my bb: 37 1/2"
Widest part of my hips: 40 1/4"

I am currently about a size 8. I carry nearly all my "fat weight" in my belly. I have very athletic legs, that are pretty lean. It should be interesting to see how a tt impacts my overall look, including my measurements.

Well my tt is completely paid for and time is...

Well my tt is completely paid for and time is flying by. I'll have a flat belly in 15 days.

Only 3 days and 4 nights to go. My surgery is at...

Only 3 days and 4 nights to go. My surgery is at 7:30 a.m. on July 2. I need to arrive at the PS office by 6:45 a.m. on Monday. I am leaving to go out of town with my husband tomorrow morning and won't be back until some time Sunday afternoon. The next few days are going to fly by, and that's exactly what I need at this point in time.

I had my pre-op physical on Tuesday and was told that I'm healthy enough for surgery. Which is exactly what I expected. I'm excited and can't wait to have a flat tummy.

I asked the PS office what I should wear for undergarments and they told me nothing. I'm not the kind of girl that typically goes commando :-). Is that what everyone else did?

I was excited going into the PS office on Monday...

I was excited going into the PS office on Monday morning. It was a whirlwind of a morning. They took pre-op photos, I had a consult with the PS and he drew on my tummy, I talked with the anesthesiologist, and the nurse. My mom and I got all the post-op instructions at that time. After my consults I walked into the surgery center and laid down on a padded surgical table. They strapped down my arms and legs and started an IV. They asked me questions about myself an kept the conversation light. Before I knew it I was waking up in recovery. They had me in a bed that converted to chair, the nurse slowly raised the back of chair and talked to me as I was waking up. Once I was more awake I felt a lot of pressure in my abdomen, the nurse brought me into the bathroom, but it was a false alarm. She said they drained my bladder during surgery and that it's normal to have pressure. I was feeling gassy and nauseous and started retching, which was really painful. After my nausea passed they wheeled me down to my mom's car and she took me home. Once I got home, I got settled into bed and was able to rest. That night I did get sick one more time, but it didn't hurt. I was feeling really gassy again, and after getting sick I felt much better. I also had some seeping from my incision and it went into my control garment and sweat pants. I had to change out the padding and went back to bed.

The next day I did really well. I washed my yucky sweat pants and other clothes. I took a shower, and put on fresh clothes. I felt like a new person. I got up and walked around and when I got tired I slept. I spent most of the day resting, and continued to take celebrex and vicodin. The vicodin has been giving me really wild dreams.

Yesterday went really well too. I took the sheets off my bed and washed them. When my husband got home from work I rinsed out my yucky control garment and he washed it for me while I was in the shower. While waiting for the undergarment to finish washing I iced my tummy to reduce the swelling. I had a lot of swelling and pressure in my abdomen yesterday. I prefer wearing the control garment.

Today is a good day. I stopped taking the vicodin this morning. I've been up and more active today. I feel good and I'm happy that I'm recovering quickly. I've been nervous that I'll be walking around like an old lady forever.

My honest assessment, I'm not sure how I feel about the results. I look slimmer and the big bulge above my bb is gone. My tummy looks lumpy, but I'm assuming that's the swelling. I am certain that the appearance of my tummy will improve over the next few days, so I haven't been to critical about how it looks. Once I'm able to put on regular clothes I'll be able to get a sense of what the end result will be. I'll post pictures once I can find my camera.

It's been one week since my surgery and I'm doing...

It's been one week since my surgery and I'm doing well. I've been instructed to walk hunched over until I see my PS tomorrow for my first post op appointment (they want me to protect my incision, so no pulling or tugging from standing up straight). I get swollen and puffy, as you can see from the photos, but overall I'm pretty comfortable. The only discomfort I have is from my control garment, my low back gets sore from being hunched over, and my incision sometimes bugs me because it sits right where my control garment ends. I took the pain meds for four days, they gave me crazy dreams. So, no more meds, just healing.

What I'm looking forward to: standing up straight, no control garment, sleeping in a normal position, wearing normal clothes, getting out of the house (right now I'm still walking hunched over and I don't want to be seen in public ), sex, and exercise.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I forgot to add, I'm down four pounds from my...

I forgot to add, I'm down four pounds from my pre-surgery weight. I will update my measurements once my swelling has gone down and I can stand up straight.

Also, looking at the before and after photos of myself just solidifies my decision. I have curves in the RIGHT places now :-)

I am now jnto my 3rd week post op. I worked from...

I am now jnto my 3rd week post op. I worked from home for days 7-10, and returned to work in the office on day 11. I worked for two days and then had the weekend to recover. So this is my first whole week back in the office. I'm very swollen at the end of the day. I'm icing my tummy while writing this. I bought a hook and eye style "corset" at Macy's to replace the control garment my PS gave me. I'm so glad I did this even though my PS said that I only needed to wear the control garment for two weeks. It helps me stay comfortable as I get more swollen throughout the day, and is way more comfortable then my original control garment. I had no idea the swelling would be as bad as it is. I thought that with the skin removal and lipo I'd be able to wear the same clothes I always wear, even with the swelling, boy was I wrong! I am wearing dresses and clothes that are usually way too big for me. I'm going to run out of things to wear to work. I'm getting around pretty good, and I'm able to stand up straighter, I'm just bummed that I'm so swollen. The swelling was way less during my first and second week when I spent more time at home. I am really glad I was able to see my tummy with less swelling so that I was able to gauge the results of my surgery, because now it's much harder to see. One last thing, my incision was glued shut (no stitches) and the glue has started to come off. My scar is looking pretty thin. I don't see any value in posting pictures at the moment, so I'm going to wait until my swelling reduces and the glue come off my incision, then you'll be able to see more progress. Hopefully this is sooner rather than later. Happy healing to everyone!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bashioum is professional and took time to answer all the questions I had written down in advance. He comes across as a very meticulous and technical surgeon. Meaning, I was at ease because he comes off as a skilled and confident surgeon, not because he has a warm personality. I met another surgeon that had a great personality, but I was looking for the best surgeon, not the best salesman. More to come after the surgery.

you paid 6,600 for everything right? Like pain meds and all expenses he charged for the procedure? it looks great !
was the cost for everything?? like including meds and lab tests and all that ? YOU TUMMY LOOKS SO NICE!
I filled the prescription for my pain meds using my insurance, so the cost was my copay of $10. I also did the pre-op physical through my insurance, and the co-pay for that was $20. So, the cost did include nearly everything. I'm glad I did it. Thank you for the compliment!
insurance covers the meds ? thats awsome im so excited now im having a consult with the same doc hopefully i get a good rate like yours !!
Yes, they covered the pain meds. It was just one bottle. I did get a great rate, and I'm very pleased with the results. Good luck to you.
No drains where placed??
No, my after pictures are just a day or two after my surgery. I had a lot of swelling, but that seems to be a common complaint among everyone.
hey, where have you been?  hope all is well!!!
I am doing fabulous. I'm completely back to normal and loving life. I'm so pleased that I went through with the tummy tuck. I love how my clothes fit. I saw your updated photos. You look great.
Just dropping good energy for you! my back still hurts too, specially in the morning when I get up. Everything should be better and better every day for us right? looking forward to getting my life back too. Patience just patience. :)
Thank you, my back pain is much better now that my swelling has gone down. I can stand up much straighter now that I'm not so swollen.
I wore a pair of pants that I wore prior to my surgery today. The swelling is getting better, slowly, but surely. I've been active and back to work for over a week now. I've been assured that the swelling is normal and that my activity level will impact the swelling. When I get home from work I ice my tummy and try to relax.
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing so much swelling. I wonder what causes that? Hopefully, it will stop soon and you will be able to enjoy your new body! I still haven't made an appointment with Dr. B yet, but I hope to soon.
Do you mind my asking where you had lipo? A surgeon that I had a consulted with 2 years ago said that I needed it on my flanks, lat area, and inner thighs. Your price paid is very reasonable as compared to the $9,400 quote I received 2 years ago, so I wonder how much of that was for lipo.
Sure, I had lipo in my abdomen only. Prior to surgery I exercised about 5 days a week for several years. I don't carry much fat in my legs, and it seemed like to more I worked out the more slender I got, but it also made my belly seem that much more out of line with the rest of my body. I has a consult with another surgeon that quoted about $1000 more and was going to do my lip. I don't really think I needed it. I'm really happy the curves I have now, and the lack of pain and bruising I would have had with more lipo. I thought Dr. Bashioum's price was very reasonable and I'm happy with the results.
I love the W cut! You look great!
Thank you!
You look like you are healing very nicely! I haven't seen a W cut like that before. I wonder if it is a different technique used by Dr. Bashioum? Did you have any lipo done in addition to the TT? I'm considering getting a consult with this same Dr.
I did have some lipo, but I've experienced very little bruising as a result. Others have photos that make the lipo portion look very painful. The W shaped scar was another thing that's unique about Dr. Bashioum. He chooses that type of incision because he feels he can keep the scar lower and that it can be hidden by most underwear and bathing suit bottoms. Reference the after photo with my undies on, he used those as a reference point prior to surgery and my incision is completely covered by my underwear (my scar is very low). I recommend that you have a consult with Dr. Bashioum. He will take time to answer your questions, you'll get a chance to meet some of his staff, and you'll get a sense of whether or not he's the right PS for you. I like him because he takes his work seriously and doesn't over promise. I really respect that!
Happy to hear you are doing so good. I can see the difference in your pictures. Did you stay overnight at the hospital? I'm next. Thursday is my turn :)
I did not stay in the hospital. My surgery was at 7:30 a.m. and I was home by about noon. I had my mom with me during surgery and afterwards. My husband stayed with me after he got home from work in the early afternoon. I could not have gotten through the first day without them. I was really doped up and nauseous. If you aren't staying in the hospital, make sure you have someone really attentive to stay with you. You'll do great!
I also live in Minneapolis and I'm looking for a good TT surgeon. I'll be interested in hearing more and seeing more post-op pictures when you feel up to it. I'm very happy for you!
Thank you, I will post some post op pictures shortly. I suggest interviewing a couple different PS before making your decision. One of the primary reasons I choose Dr. Bashioum is that fact that he doesn't use drains. I'm healing well and looking forward to putting on some real clothes soon. Right now I'm wearing comfy nightgowns. It's much easier with the control garment. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about my experience.
Will have you in my prayers tomorrow! Gonna be great.Keep us updated on how your doing!
Thank you, I'm doing well. Just tired and focused on recovering.