Great Work - Minneapolis, MN

I had a double mastectomy (transgender FtM)...

I had a double mastectomy (transgender FtM) performed by Dr. Tholen and it was completely worth it. The staff were great, the recovery was smooth, and I ended up with a great result. Dr. Tholen really is one of the greatest surgeons in Minneapolis.

Our initial consultation appointment was on July 15 and we were able to schedule the surgery on that day for August 15. I was amazed by the quick timing, which really was perfect, because school started for me right around the 2.5-week mark.

The day of surgery went very well. The anesthesia knocked me out quickly and kept me out, I had no post-op nausea, and the pain was minimal.

I had follow-up appointments at one, two, and three weeks post-op and my next appointment is scheduled for six weeks post-op. At one week, I got my drains out; at two, the bandages were changed and switched to something much lighter, and now, at three, I am free of any bandages whatsoever.

This really was a life-changing procedure. The fact that Dr. Tholen will help transgender patients under 18 is also a great thing about him- I was 16 at surgery time and I can't even imagine having to go two more years without having this amended.

The results look great, especially the nipple size and placement. Dr. Tholen works wonders!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tholen and all of his staff were friendly and helpful at all times. I always felt like I was in capable hands, and they never made me feel uncomfortable or nervous.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

I know this is a very important procedure and I'm so glad the surgery went well and you're enjoying your results. Are you completely healed now?