One Year Post Upper and Lower - Minneapolis, MI

I inherited dark circles under the eyes - not very...

I inherited dark circles under the eyes - not very baggy, but dark. My original consult was for lower only. I decided to do upper and lower. I am really glad I did both - I would not have gotten the results I have without both. The lower is better but I still need makeup to cover up the dark color. The good thing is, there is less area to be covered. The upper has really opened up my eyes in a naturaly way. Not one person has asked me if I had work done; however, many, many people have commented on how young I look for my age (49 at time of surgery). It was a relatively painless procedure but the bruising and swelling was very bad. I needed two weeks to look even remotely normal. I saw people on this site that said they looked good in a few days. That was definitely NOT my experience. I work at home,so that helped. However, my eyes were quite dry and I could not do computer work for quite a while. Overall, the resuls are very natural and lovely.

Edina Plastic Surgery

It has been 3 mo and I still have a pulling from the upper and lower lid surgery most of the time. Is that normal?
I too have dark circles. Do you have any before and after pics to share?

Hi Blue Jay -- Your eye situation sounds a lot like mine, but I didn't realise lower eyelid surgery could help with dark circles (mine are more yellow-y, but it's the same idea). Did you get fat transfer as well, or just bleph? I'd love to see pics too, if you don't mind sharing them.

Thanks!

Yes, I did have fat transfer. To be clear, my lower lids (and upper, actually) are still dark. Howerver, since skin was removed and lifted there is less area of dark, thereby making the appearance better. I would say don't expect a "cure" - expect it to be better but to still need make-up. I will try and post some pictures. I probably am not explaining the technicalities of why this worked very well but I am very pleased.

Thanks. I'll take "better" over what I have now. :)