Updated: Less than Expected Results (5 months post)

Exercise multiple times per week but nagging fat...

Exercise multiple times per week but nagging fat in midsection and love handles / flanks. Had the lower abs done on February 14, 2014 and then love handles / flanks on March 10, 2014. Have seen some reduction in lower abs already, but still somewhat swollen. Felt good enough about the procedure to try the love handles. Will monitor and report changes here. Doctor, PA and the office were great!!!!

4 Days After

Here are some updates 4 days after the love handle treatment and exactly 1 month after the lower ab treatment. Swelling has gone down a bit and pretty much all pain (there was not alot to begin with), numbness and tingling has gone away in all areas that were treated!
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

Are you happy with your results now that the swelling is starting to go away?
Hi Kirsty, thanks for the welcome and for the site. Swelling has gone done. I'll post some more pics when I get a chance. I am happy with the results, but as my doctor said, you can't expect miraculous results and it is still less than 2 months from my first treatment. Overall though, I can definitely feel and see flatter abs. The love handles have not shown as much improvement, but I had them done several weeks after The lower abs, so perhaps still too early. I am also continuing to exercise more as well, so both are probably contributing to the lower ab improvement. Anyway, I am happy I decided to try coolsculpting and look forward to continued improvements!

Swelling has gone down...

4 Month (Lower Abs) Update/ 3 Month (Love Handles) Update

It has been a little over four months since my Coolsculpting treatment for my lower abs and three months since the treatment for my love handles/flanks.

For the lower abs treatment, the large sized applicator/suction was placed pretty much over my belly button, so it grabbed fat slightly above and below the naval area. I must admit that not as much has changed as I had hoped. My upper and middle part of my abs are pretty much where I wanted them to be, but there now seems to be a more distinct bulge/curve that is very apparent, particularly from the side. This has seemed to increase since my last post 3 months ago! So, I would say I am somewhat disappointed that there has not been more improvement with my lower abs, which was the primary area I wanted to treat. I would add that I've continued my usual diet and exercise routine. My weight has stayed the same as before, so weight gain is definitely not a factor here. I may go back to the clinic and see whether a second treatment, more directly on the lower abs would be of benefit.

For the love handles, it has been three months since the smaller applicators were placed there. There has been some slight improvement. I can definitely grab less fat, so I am happy with that treatment.

In summary, the results for my lower abs have stalled, and perhaps regressed a bit over the last three months, while the love handles treatment has been okay.

5 Months Post First Coolsculpting

It has been 5 months since my first coolsculpting procedure (lower abs) and 4 months since my second (flanks/love handles). I have noticed that the results seemed to have peaked about 2 months after the first treatment. I felt really good about Coolsculpting at that time, but now my lower abs have definitely regressed. In fact, there is a much more definitive "pooch" or curviness in my lower abs than was ever present before. I don't know if this is because Coolsculpting worked well in the mid abs, so it exaggerates the remaining fat in the lower abs. I've actually lost a few pounds since the treatments, so it is not attributable to weight gain. Either way, it is not what I was hoping for. I am going back to see my doctor next week. Has anyone else experienced this?
I saw the same Dr. And experienced the same result. 6 months post procedure she re-treated the same area for free because she even agreed it didn't work. Still nothing. I maintain a strict diet and exercise regime and have no weight gain. So disappointed.
Happy Taco Tuesday!!!! Thanks :) for the Thank You
I am sorry ths has happened. I am afraid because my surgeon recommended it for me and i want to do it in Nov. :( Not sure after reading any reviews and not seeing results,a lot of pain and some have indentations and lumps or one side is bigger and now this. You lower abs are protruding. Are you going to do it again or do smart-lipo? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks BB
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Exceptional from start to finish.