Never Too Late - Minneapolis, MN

I actually found Dr. Douglas Gervais on RealSelf...

I actually found Dr. Douglas Gervais on RealSelf doing research on breast implants. I sent a request for a consultation and he got back to me right away. They have a very informative websites with explanations on everything, before and after photos etc. I am 50 years old, 130 lbs. 5ft 6-1/2in 4 children and breast feed all of them. I have always (besides being pregnant or nursing) been small chested 34A (VS 32C) I had thought about implants on and off for decades. I finally came to a point in my life , had a husband that supported me and decided to have it done. I ended up going with 339 round silicone moderate under the muscle. That was 2 weeks ago today. Lucky for me the whole thing went really fast from the consultation to the surgery was only 8 days. I have only had my wisdom teeth removed and minor foot surgery and was so worried and nervous but excited all at the same time. If any of you reading this are scared to go thru with it because of the surgery part, all I can say is it was literally 1 stick with a needle and I woke up in recovery. So really don't do what I did and waste your time and energy worrying because it's not worth it. Dr. Gervais knew how worried I was and looked me in the eyes and don't worry everything will be fine, and it was.. Sorry I don't have any photos.

Photos ?

I am planning on asking the Dr. office for my before pictures on my I month recheck next week. They may possibly take after photos too. Just was thinking ahead.

Almost 7 weeks

Thanks to D is for Daphne I am trying to get some pictures on this website. This is my first attempt. VS bra 32DD was a 32C. I had 339 moderate profile silicone implants on July 3,2013. I am very happy with the results and my husband says he loves them almost every day. My goal was to be a couple cup sizes bigger and be more proportionate and I think I obtained that. Hope this will help someone. I am 5'6-1/2 and about 130 lbs.

7 weeks post op

I am just trying to add a few picture, not sure if they will help. It's hard to get a good picture doing it yourself. This is VS 32DD , Sports bra and a picture of a scar if it works. Had 339cc moderate plus silicone implants under the muscle.

7 Months post op

Just thought it had been awhile and would post some more recent pictures. I should ask my husband to take some photos so hard to do myself. Hope that this helps someone ! These are 339 moderate plus silicone under the muscle. I am 5'6 about 130 lbs.

Finally my before pictures !

Hello everyone, I have finally gotten my before pictures that were taken July 3, 2013 the day of my surgery. I had never even seen these until today when they arrived in the mail. I never took any before pictures because I joined Realself a few days after my BA. Wow I didn't even remember how sad looking they were. But also can tell I wasn't feeling very confident by my posture. Hope this helps someone out. Sure makes you want to pay more attention to how you stand .

Comparision Pre / Post BA

Hope this works, tried to put the 2 pictures side by side. This is with 339cc's moderate plus profile

I Year Post Op 339cc silicone mod+ under the muscle

Well it has been a year now since my surgery, I am still very happy. So I asked my husband to take a couple of pictures to update this review. Looking at them I don't think much has changed since I posted them for the 7 months. I will tell you that it isn't a smart thing to go out and spend a bunch of money on bras before you know what they will actually end up being. I know because I did that, and then the bras were not that comfortable. So I went back an had VS measure me again. Turns out that I needed a 32DDD not DD. Which were much more comfortable, but for some reason your choices become very limited with that extra D. They are always pushing the sister size a 34DD, but that just really doesn't work for me because then the straps are further out and want to slide off my shoulders. I have found the unlined bras really nice for the summer almost like wearing nothing. I hope that some one finds this helpful. I remember how much I loved this website when I started trying to figure out what size I wanted and just getting an idea of what I might look like. But it is so true that everyone is different depending on your size and weight the same amount of cc's can look totally different on 2 different women. Probably the best thing would be having some pictures to show your PS and let them decide what profile and the amount of cc's you would need to get your desired look. Good luck to all of you ladies out there trying to make your decision or waiting for your surgeries !!!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gervais was amazing, he is just a understanding, caring man. He takes the time to really listen to you and understand what your hoping for. He explains everything and makes sure that he has answered all your questions. The entire staff of Minneapolis Plastic Surgery is incredible as well. They are all so kind and patient and friendly. They call you the night of surgery and check on how your doing. They never make you feel uncomfortable during any stage from photos to recovery. I called a couple different times after surgery with questions and they were happy to answer them and told me to call back anytime. I would recommend Dr. Gervais and the Minneapolis Plastic surgery to anyone. I just wanted to add that if your looking for a PS that really knows what he is doing I would recommend Dr. Gervais. I had no bruising, minimal swelling and no outside stitches. I have read a lot on this site and consider myself extremely lucky to have found Minneapolis Plastic Surgery.

Wow. Your results are awesome. Thank you for sharing your story!
Well thank you very much, i know i was happy that other women shared their stories. Going to check out your profile :-)
50!?! You mean 30! You look amazing! And your surgeon did a wonderful job. As you, I have found this website very helpful. I'm happy with my results so far. Can't wait to see what they will look like in the next couple of week. Yours dropped very nicely, hope mine look as pretty as yours.
Thank you so much your a sweetheart, I tried to look at your profile ? No luck. When did you have yours done ? I guess I would truly have to say I am happier and happier as time goes buy. It's been a year now , best thing I ever did for myself. Your profile picture looks amazing.
I just have to tell you that yours are my wish boobs! They look amazing and very natural. I'm so glad you all healed and doing good. I'd be so overjoyed to come away with results like yours! Sorry just had to tell you:)
Momwantsbodyback, well thank you very much ! Why do you say your sorry ? I am very happy with the results too. Sorry haven't gotten back to you sooner,going to check out your profile . Have a great day !
I'm going where where you did how was your aftercare and the surgical center? I had my my consult on the weekend so I only met with tholen and his wife and they were awesome and so far Sarah has been great to work with. I'm staying in hotel there since I live 4 hrs away? You look so fab perfect size for you !
Vainpain, Well I thought everyone was great, I had Dr. Gervais. They both have really good reputations. I have nothing to complain about, the experience was actually better than anticipated . I was actually the most afraid of surgery because besides my wisdom teeth , never had any. But the worst part was a poke in the arm lol, then you wake up and it's all over. I have read a lot of stories with people not dealing well with the anesthesia , but I felt fine. Thanks for the compliment by the way. When is your surgery planned ? I will have to check out your profile.
Yours really look god given they are natural my surgery is Thursday I have TT and BA
Well thanks, I am very happy with the way they turned out. And congratulations and good luck with everything. I hope that you will keep us all updated ? I will be thinking about you, that's only a few days away :-)
Yes I will ,check my review hopefully all goes well so ready not nervous just excited (so far anyway)thanks it's so close
Well glad your not nervous, and you should be exited ! Finally doing something for yourself that will make u you feel so much more confident . 2 days :-)
I bet your daughters are jealous of your breasts :P
Vicky84, well you know the subject really doesn't come up too often lol. They both have big breasts. The youngest one made a comment that she was happy I didn't go any bigger.
Well let them know that the on with the best chest is in charge. (That's you) you look great :D
lol thanks, but they are all grown up and out on their own now so it isn't a problem :-)
Wow, These are my wish breasts! You look amazing. Did you look at Dr Tholen and Dr Gervais?? And in your consult did the MD make a recommendation to size?? or is this what you went in thinking that you wanted?
MominMN, Hello , and thank you for your comment very nice of you. Well to answer your question, yes I discovered this site and was hooked lol. I read over and over to go to more than one Dr. so I went to the first one and just didn't get a very good feeling. Then Dr. Gervais and knew he was the one, the whole office staff was so sweet too. I had an idea of what size I wanted to be , but didn't go as far as bringing in wish pictures. I think that is a great thing to do. I explained that because I was 50 at the time , I didn't want to look too big or fake , just wanted to be proportionate for my size. I tried on some sizers and 339cc just felt the best to me. My husband of course was all for going with the 371cc, they say they are a little smaller when under the muscle. So then D. Gervais agreed with me and even thought he might put a smaller 304 on the left side because it was slightly smaller to start with. But in the operating room decided to just go same on both sides. I guess they are finding out that when you go over 500cc there are more complications. I have never wished I went bigger, I read a lot of women do . I am very happy and feel so much better in cloths in general. I went to look at your stats but didn't see anything. I hope this helped you ? Best of luck to you and more than happy to answer any more questions you may have.
I've been wanting to ask if you've done anything for your scars. I like to follow doctors orders and he didn't tell me to do anything, but yours healed up much more quickly than mine. Any suggestions?
I was not told to do it lol .I actually bought some vitamin E capsules that were like 800mg and then was told that if you take 400mg 2x a day that may help keep any scar tissue softer. So I have just been poking a hole in them (800's) and rubbing them directly on my scars usually right after my shower and maybe twice a day when they were newer.
I haven't been online in a while but meant to say thank you for the suggestion!
SuddenlyC, Hello and your welcome. I haven't been on here for awhile either. It seems like time just flies by. I hope that everything is going well with you and your recovery and your scars.
Our stories and stats are so similar! 5'6", 4 kids, not 50 yet but it's coming up fast. Saved my money and feeling like I earned a little body repair work. Congratulations on your beautiful results!
Hello Misty3351, Yes we have a lot in common. I just checked out your profile and read over a lot of it sort of tired now. But your end results look very nice and natural. My Ps actually did try a 304cc on my left side because it was a little smaller and ended up doing 339 on both mod +. Interesting information on the D&F . I think it makes total sense. Because I was measured months ago, several times and always told 32DD @ VS (32C pre BA) I bought a bunch of bras and they just became uncomfortable. Bottom line is they must have fluffed lol or whatever because now they are telling me 32DDD which really didn't thrill me because the selection get much smaller in that size. So I may wait until a entire year goes by to buy a bunch of bras you know. I do like the braletttes they are so comfortable. Thanks for the compliment and your story.
I have been living in bralettes! They looked terrible on me before my BA. I can finally wear comfortable bras... So nice!