Never Too Late - Minneapolis, MN

I actually found Dr. Douglas Gervais on RealSelf...

I actually found Dr. Douglas Gervais on RealSelf doing research on breast implants. I sent a request for a consultation and he got back to me right away. They have a very informative websites with explanations on everything, before and after photos etc. I am 50 years old, 130 lbs. 5ft 6-1/2in 4 children and breast feed all of them. I have always (besides being pregnant or nursing) been small chested 34A (VS 32C) I had thought about implants on and off for decades. I finally came to a point in my life , had a husband that supported me and decided to have it done. I ended up going with 339 round silicone moderate under the muscle. That was 2 weeks ago today. Lucky for me the whole thing went really fast from the consultation to the surgery was only 8 days. I have only had my wisdom teeth removed and minor foot surgery and was so worried and nervous but excited all at the same time. If any of you reading this are scared to go thru with it because of the surgery part, all I can say is it was literally 1 stick with a needle and I woke up in recovery. So really don't do what I did and waste your time and energy worrying because it's not worth it. Dr. Gervais knew how worried I was and looked me in the eyes and don't worry everything will be fine, and it was.. Sorry I don't have any photos.

Photos ?

I am planning on asking the Dr. office for my before pictures on my I month recheck next week. They may possibly take after photos too. Just was thinking ahead.

Almost 7 weeks

Thanks to D is for Daphne I am trying to get some pictures on this website. This is my first attempt. VS bra 32DD was a 32C. I had 339 moderate profile silicone implants on July 3,2013. I am very happy with the results and my husband says he loves them almost every day. My goal was to be a couple cup sizes bigger and be more proportionate and I think I obtained that. Hope this will help someone. I am 5'6-1/2 and about 130 lbs.

7 weeks post op

I am just trying to add a few picture, not sure if they will help. It's hard to get a good picture doing it yourself. This is VS 32DD , Sports bra and a picture of a scar if it works. Had 339cc moderate plus silicone implants under the muscle.

7 Months post op

Just thought it had been awhile and would post some more recent pictures. I should ask my husband to take some photos so hard to do myself. Hope that this helps someone ! These are 339 moderate plus silicone under the muscle. I am 5'6 about 130 lbs.

Finally my before pictures !

Hello everyone, I have finally gotten my before pictures that were taken July 3, 2013 the day of my surgery. I had never even seen these until today when they arrived in the mail. I never took any before pictures because I joined Realself a few days after my BA. Wow I didn't even remember how sad looking they were. But also can tell I wasn't feeling very confident by my posture. Hope this helps someone out. Sure makes you want to pay more attention to how you stand .

Comparision Pre / Post BA

Hope this works, tried to put the 2 pictures side by side. This is with 339cc's moderate plus profile

I Year Post Op 339cc silicone mod+ under the muscle

Well it has been a year now since my surgery, I am still very happy. So I asked my husband to take a couple of pictures to update this review. Looking at them I don't think much has changed since I posted them for the 7 months. I will tell you that it isn't a smart thing to go out and spend a bunch of money on bras before you know what they will actually end up being. I know because I did that, and then the bras were not that comfortable. So I went back an had VS measure me again. Turns out that I needed a 32DDD not DD. Which were much more comfortable, but for some reason your choices become very limited with that extra D. They are always pushing the sister size a 34DD, but that just really doesn't work for me because then the straps are further out and want to slide off my shoulders. I have found the unlined bras really nice for the summer almost like wearing nothing. I hope that some one finds this helpful. I remember how much I loved this website when I started trying to figure out what size I wanted and just getting an idea of what I might look like. But it is so true that everyone is different depending on your size and weight the same amount of cc's can look totally different on 2 different women. Probably the best thing would be having some pictures to show your PS and let them decide what profile and the amount of cc's you would need to get your desired look. Good luck to all of you ladies out there trying to make your decision or waiting for your surgeries !!!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gervais was amazing, he is just a understanding, caring man. He takes the time to really listen to you and understand what your hoping for. He explains everything and makes sure that he has answered all your questions. The entire staff of Minneapolis Plastic Surgery is incredible as well. They are all so kind and patient and friendly. They call you the night of surgery and check on how your doing. They never make you feel uncomfortable during any stage from photos to recovery. I called a couple different times after surgery with questions and they were happy to answer them and told me to call back anytime. I would recommend Dr. Gervais and the Minneapolis Plastic surgery to anyone. I just wanted to add that if your looking for a PS that really knows what he is doing I would recommend Dr. Gervais. I had no bruising, minimal swelling and no outside stitches. I have read a lot on this site and consider myself extremely lucky to have found Minneapolis Plastic Surgery.