Never Too Late - Minneapolis, MN

I actually found Dr. Douglas Gervais on RealSelf...

I actually found Dr. Douglas Gervais on RealSelf doing research on breast implants. I sent a request for a consultation and he got back to me right away. They have a very informative websites with explanations on everything, before and after photos etc. I am 50 years old, 130 lbs. 5ft 6-1/2in 4 children and breast feed all of them. I have always (besides being pregnant or nursing) been small chested 34A (VS 32C) I had thought about implants on and off for decades. I finally came to a point in my life , had a husband that supported me and decided to have it done. I ended up going with 339 round silicone moderate under the muscle. That was 2 weeks ago today. Lucky for me the whole thing went really fast from the consultation to the surgery was only 8 days. I have only had my wisdom teeth removed and minor foot surgery and was so worried and nervous but excited all at the same time. If any of you reading this are scared to go thru with it because of the surgery part, all I can say is it was literally 1 stick with a needle and I woke up in recovery. So really don't do what I did and waste your time and energy worrying because it's not worth it. Dr. Gervais knew how worried I was and looked me in the eyes and don't worry everything will be fine, and it was.. Sorry I don't have any photos.

Photos ?

I am planning on asking the Dr. office for my before pictures on my I month recheck next week. They may possibly take after photos too. Just was thinking ahead.

Almost 7 weeks

Thanks to D is for Daphne I am trying to get some pictures on this website. This is my first attempt. VS bra 32DD was a 32C. I had 339 moderate profile silicone implants on July 3,2013. I am very happy with the results and my husband says he loves them almost every day. My goal was to be a couple cup sizes bigger and be more proportionate and I think I obtained that. Hope this will help someone. I am 5'6-1/2 and about 130 lbs.

7 weeks post op

I am just trying to add a few picture, not sure if they will help. It's hard to get a good picture doing it yourself. This is VS 32DD , Sports bra and a picture of a scar if it works. Had 339cc moderate plus silicone implants under the muscle.

7 Months post op

Just thought it had been awhile and would post some more recent pictures. I should ask my husband to take some photos so hard to do myself. Hope that this helps someone ! These are 339 moderate plus silicone under the muscle. I am 5'6 about 130 lbs.

Finally my before pictures !

Hello everyone, I have finally gotten my before pictures that were taken July 3, 2013 the day of my surgery. I had never even seen these until today when they arrived in the mail. I never took any before pictures because I joined Realself a few days after my BA. Wow I didn't even remember how sad looking they were. But also can tell I wasn't feeling very confident by my posture. Hope this helps someone out. Sure makes you want to pay more attention to how you stand .

Comparision Pre / Post BA

Hope this works, tried to put the 2 pictures side by side. This is with 339cc's moderate plus profile
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gervais was amazing, he is just a understanding, caring man. He takes the time to really listen to you and understand what your hoping for. He explains everything and makes sure that he has answered all your questions. The entire staff of Minneapolis Plastic Surgery is incredible as well. They are all so kind and patient and friendly. They call you the night of surgery and check on how your doing. They never make you feel uncomfortable during any stage from photos to recovery. I called a couple different times after surgery with questions and they were happy to answer them and told me to call back anytime. I would recommend Dr. Gervais and the Minneapolis Plastic surgery to anyone. I just wanted to add that if your looking for a PS that really knows what he is doing I would recommend Dr. Gervais. I had no bruising, minimal swelling and no outside stitches. I have read a lot on this site and consider myself extremely lucky to have found Minneapolis Plastic Surgery.

I've been wanting to ask if you've done anything for your scars. I like to follow doctors orders and he didn't tell me to do anything, but yours healed up much more quickly than mine. Any suggestions?
I was not told to do it lol .I actually bought some vitamin E capsules that were like 800mg and then was told that if you take 400mg 2x a day that may help keep any scar tissue softer. So I have just been poking a hole in them (800's) and rubbing them directly on my scars usually right after my shower and maybe twice a day when they were newer.
I haven't been online in a while but meant to say thank you for the suggestion!
Our stories and stats are so similar! 5'6", 4 kids, not 50 yet but it's coming up fast. Saved my money and feeling like I earned a little body repair work. Congratulations on your beautiful results!
Hello Misty3351, Yes we have a lot in common. I just checked out your profile and read over a lot of it sort of tired now. But your end results look very nice and natural. My Ps actually did try a 304cc on my left side because it was a little smaller and ended up doing 339 on both mod +. Interesting information on the D&F . I think it makes total sense. Because I was measured months ago, several times and always told 32DD @ VS (32C pre BA) I bought a bunch of bras and they just became uncomfortable. Bottom line is they must have fluffed lol or whatever because now they are telling me 32DDD which really didn't thrill me because the selection get much smaller in that size. So I may wait until a entire year goes by to buy a bunch of bras you know. I do like the braletttes they are so comfortable. Thanks for the compliment and your story.
I have been living in bralettes! They looked terrible on me before my BA. I can finally wear comfortable bras... So nice!
Yeah and they actually give me a better look then a push up lol !!!
You look fantastic!!!! :) we had our surgeries done the same month! You look great!
Thanks, and so do you , we ended up being very close to the same size too !
Our before shots are so similar! You are looking AMAZING at 7 months, Saranoh!!
LovingLife2, We are similar your a little shorter and I weigh more, but our results ended up close too , I think you look Amazing too :-)
You look great
Thanks Ellie, going to check out your profile now.
Congratulation.mentor or sientra? Whsts brand?
Thank you, actually Allergan Natrelle if that helps ?
yes thanks
OMG! Can I make you my dream boobies and body? We have similar stats so on the body part maybe its possible????!!!! Good for you for doing something for yourself you totally deserve it! You look freaking awesome! As far as cc's holy moly how did 339cc get you your vavoom! I've been reconsidering 425cc I don't know if there's room in my chest I've been getting really nervous about that part because I don't want to look overdone. I'm doing 425cc textured high profile in 5 days eeek, the ps said I should be fine but I'm thinking maybe I should tone it down to 375cc??? Feeling nervous
mommynoboobs cute name , Lol yeah it is so hard to decide , I just went with the ones that I felt comfortable with. The next size up 371cc just seemed huge. Of course my husband wanted me to go with them . I have never regretted not going bigger. Maybe if I was 25 years younger I would have. Thanks for all the compliments. I am going to check your profile out. I think you should listen to your PS they can tell you what will work best for the outcome your looking for. Looking forward to following you, Congratulations by the way ,the next 5 days will fly by :-)
Did you say you're 50? Your body is beautiful! I hope my body is in that shape when I reach that age :). Thx for reading my story. I read yours too. I sometimes think "man, wish I got them sooner!" But I'm glad it happened now than before because of the kids. Your results are beautiful! That look so natural!! And I can't even see your scars. I'm happy for you that you are happy :)
Hello, Thanks for all the nice words , yes actually now I am 51(Feb,7) , 4 kids (4 Grandkids, 5 with my step grandson, who is like my own ) and breast feed them all . I still can't believe my own before and after photos . I knew they were small but after my BA they just feel like they have always been there you know? I guess you should never look back and be grateful for everything ? Your results are amazing to and you didn't have to wait as long :-) I am happy for you too History of Mystery cute name by the way ,
Thnk uSaranoh :)
No problem, as far as the scars all I ever did is rub some vitamin E on them straight out of a regular capsule.
WOW you look amazing...I too am scheduled in December for tummy tuck and breast implants...the implants are the only thing im unsure of..yours look great..i was gonna get 500 mod profile silicone and I already have 36b now im worried after your pics that its too big..U LOOK GREAT!!!!!
also I am scheduled with Dr.THolen at the same office in Minneapolis :)
Hello Vainpain, Yay for you !!! They are such a great bunch of people and I think you will be so happy !!! How did you find them ? just curious ? Thanks for the compliments. I know kinda crazy huh !? (339cc from VS32C to 32DDD ) as you saw I just saw the before pictures myself. I can tell you that they are both great. So as I am sure you have heard before don't go on cup size , it's cc's. Tell Dr. Tholen what you want and you should trust him to give you the final result. They have done 1000's of them I think they know what they are doing. Feel free to ask me anything okay ! Good Luck December is so far away ! going to check out your profile now :-)