Breast Implants - Minneapolis, MN

After having a baby and breastfeeding for 2 years...

After having a baby and breastfeeding for 2 years and lots and lots of exercising and dieting, my breasts are the smallest they have ever been. I want to have them round and perky as they were before I lost all the fat and had a baby:-)

I have done my consultations with several plastic surgeons and so far, I like Dr. G. the best. He is very confident and made me feel very cared for and secure.

1 day before the surgery!

The surgery is taking place this morning in just a few hours! I'm a little scared but am also excited! Hopefully, I won't be in too much pain after, but even if I will, I have a whole box of pain killers to help me with it. My doctor is one of the best in the area and I'm just going to trust myself to him and to God and pray that everything goes well and I achieve the results I want. I pray to heal well and go never needing a replacement or correction surgery. This is my first surgery ever, please wish me luck:)

8 hours after surgery!

Everything went well. I'm in pain but it is very manageable and reminds me the breast pain of when I gave a birth and my milk came in. My breasts then and now felt very heavy and expanding. My pain is mostly pain of the expanding chest muscles since my silicone implants went right under the muscle. I'm a little concerned that they are not big enough but I'm sure I'll be in love with them as soon as I see them without a bra! Here is how I look right now...

3 days post op... Freaking out they are not big enough...

I know it's too early to judge but they don't seem big enough to me... Want to cry:(

3 days post op

One week post op... Feeling much better about the size!

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your comments and encouragement! I actually feel much better about my size now:) I had Natrelle Silicone (style 15, 421 cc) breast implants. As far as my height and weight... I'm 5'6 ft tall and weigh 125 pounds.

I have my first check up after the surgery with Dr. Gervais today. I'm still taking pain medications so pain doesn't bother me much throughout the day. The mornings are exception since I sleep through the night without taking my meds and wake up feeling very sore as if my breasts were bruised on inside and numb but I guess it's normal. The good news is that I can feel my nipples and they react as they always have to touches (like when I put on my t-shirt, or bra... What did you think?:)))

I'll keep updating you with pics as my breasts settle in and get more soft and natural looking. Right now I'm one happy mama who can't wait until she can start shopping for bras!:)

5 MONTHS POST-OP! FELLING AMAZING:))))))))

5 MONTHS POST-OP! FELLING AMAZING:))))))))

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gervais was wonderful. He made me feel very cared for... I felt that he personally wanted to make sure that I was happy with my results. He gave me all the time I wanted to meet with him and answered all my questions. The follow up was great too. I am very happy that I chose him to be my doctor.

Hey there just wondered if your still happy and also what size you are now?
Hi there. Just curious how things are going for now that you're about 9 months out. Any changes? I'm just two days post op with same size implant (in right breast) and think we have somewhat similar results so far. Thank you for posting the review!
They look beautiful! I'm having my BA next Friday and I am super anxious. I'm going with same implant size n profile. I hope mine look as beautiful as yours.
Do you wear a supportive underwire bra? That would help prevent further bottoming out. Where was your incision?
you look great. i think the size is perfect and more importantly, the shape is really nice. i hope mine turn out as nice.

Thanks for the updated photos. You look fantastic! Glad you are becoming more comfortable with the size. Who has helped you with your little one during your recovery?

Wow that size and shape looks fantastic on you! I'll be super happy if mine turn out similar. Cheers xx

Congratulations! Try to be patient for a few weeks before you judge your size. You look great but they need to drop a bit and hopefully you'll be pleased. Keep us posted on your recovery!

For sure, thanks Beth!
The size looks great! I bet after you start trying clothes on with them you will really like the size! I know if you get them too big, you will just get frustrated that nothing fits right!
Yes, I'm glad I didn't get them bigger. With this size I can show them off when I want by wearing a push up or hide them when I go to a playground with my baby. I wouldn't want to look as a stripper on playground, not that I have anything against strippers...lol
They look great. I had a BA with Dr. Gervais on Tuesday morning! Wondering how big you went? I ended up going with 339 cc's. I was thinking the 371's but chickened out. I kind of wonder about going bigger as well but know I need to give it time. How is your recovery going? I was pleasantly surprised on my pain level but I am quite numb and hard still. Good luck to you in your recovery!
Me too! I can not wait until that numbness goes away and I can hit the gym so that the rest of my body could keep up with my breasts;-) I went 421 cc. I was a small A cup before and I was told that I'm going to be a small D. I plan to have more children in a future and breastfeed them. I think I will go bigger after I'm done having kids and breastfeeding. Whatever stretch my breasts will get after pregnancies and breastfeeding, they can be inflated with more cc-s!:-)
Hello, what are your stats and what size of implant did you get? I feel like I am a very similar build, Im 5'8'' 130lbs, tall and lean. You look great and very natural already for 3 days! Congrats!
I'm 5'6 ft tall and weigh 125 pounds. Thanks for the compliment!:-)
They look great! Rest up!
good luck today!!
Thanks so much, the surgery went well. The nurse said I woke up smiling:)

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! Did you find that all the consults provided similar advice in type and size of possible implants for you? Any final decisions on size? Here is a link that may be of help to you: What to set up and buy before your breast aug surgery. Looking forward to your updates!

Looks like we are scheduled for surgery on the same day! I am getting breast implants as well!
Praying for the success of your surgery and the best, short recovery! Sending you loads of positive energy and thoughts, God bless you!