Best of the Best - Minneapolis, MN

Wanted to add fullness to my breasts and increase...

wanted to add fullness to my breasts and increase size. NO more overly padded bras So far.. mission accomplished.

I am 10 days post-op and could not be happier with my results and the quality of service provided by Dr. Tholen and all of his staff.

I had one other consultation prior to meeting Dr. Tholen and I remember feeling "icky" when I left that first office.  I had a bad feeling and did not trust the doctor. I found Dr. Tholen through Real Self and when I went in for my consultation, we clicked immediately.  He understood exactly the picture I had in my mind and seemed excited about the opportunity to do the procedure.  I left feeling confident and excited!! From that point on the whole process has been wonderful.

I was very nervous about the anesthesia/IV since I had never had it before.  The nurses made me feel so comfortable...and the best part is, I didn't have any pain at all!  I remember falling asleep within seconds of receiving the medication then waking up in the recovery room surprised that I wasn't in pain.  It truly was an EASY surgery.  I worried so much over nothing!

I had one minor issue on a Sunday a few days after surgery.  My boyfriend called Dr. Tholen (at home!!) and we received a call back within 10 minutes.  I was very impressed and it goes to show that he truly does care about his patients.  I have never felt rushed or like I am just another patient...Dr. Tholen takes the time to listen to your needs, fears, hopes, etc. to ensure the best possible outcome.

I am so happy I finally went through with the surgery and that I was in such skilled & caring hands. I would recommend Dr. Tholen to anyone considering this procedure!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I'll answer from a plastic surgeon's perspective, since I do so many of these and get feedback from most of my patients. I would say the answer is a qualified "yes." Larger breasts require more support when running, horseback riding, and can make a golf swing "feel" different. As with anything good or bad, there are tradeoffs, and most women wouldn't trade having them. I can count on one hand the number of patients that decided after having them that they made a wrong choice and either wanted them smaller or out. And that's over thousands of patients and 24 years in private practice. I hope patients also weigh in. Best wishes!
Does anyone that has had breast implants feel that you have something in the way with breasts when you're not used to having them. I am very active but would love to get this done and worry about them being in the way?!

Sounds like this was relatively smooth sailing for you! Hooray! Did you decide to go with silicone or saline implants?

Thanks for the comment! I chose silicone and am very pleased with my decision. I am feeling great~
Thanks for taking the time to write a review--I don't do this surgery by myself! I'm so appreciative of the entire surgical, anesthesia, nursing, and office staff team that help me care for our patients. BTW, I can't be available all the time, but when I am not, my team can either answer your questions or relay a message to me. Thanks again!