Best PS in the Twin Cities - Minneapolis, MN

I seem to remember as a teenager having...

I seem to remember as a teenager having proportional breasts for my 5'6'', 135 pound frame, but after losing some weight in college, they just disappeared into roughly A-cups. I was pretty half-hearted when initially looking into breast-augmentation, but the more I looked into it, the more common I found it really is. With the "Hollywood-only" myth removed from my perspective, I got really excited, especially when I finally did enough research to decide on scheduling a consultation with Dr. Tholen at Minneapolis Plastic Surgery. He had great reviews and has had many years of experience, so I shouldn't be surprised that his work is, indeed, amazing!

First off, consulting with Dr. Tholen is so reassuring. He isn't just telling you what you want to hear, but rather gives facts, statistics, recommendations, and educated opinions on any concerns brought up. He even provides you with a thick packet of information right from the initial consult that discusses a plethora of issues concerning breast augmentation (capsular contracture, sizing, implant type, post-op care, etc.). You can also tell by the responses he gives to posted questions on realself that he is thorough and generous with his time and energy in explaining things to his patients. He's not about gimmicks, but always talks hard science, which my husband I always appreciated in all of the consults/post op visits we have had together. Talking with him, you find he is kind, relatable, and will make you laugh (which is nice when surgeries are pretty nerve-wracking). What stands out the most about Dr. Tholen's "bedside manner" is that he never makes you feel rushed (even though his office is often quite busy...a good sign!). He gives his patients more than enough of his time to chat, address questions, and to make sure he knows what you want. He doesn't dismiss any concerns, but really validates things brought up by the patient.

Okay, so now to the results. I am beyond thrilled with the my new breasts! I started with an A-cup (I think?) but with somewhat broader shoulders, so he chose a moderate profile (510cc) in my left breast and a moderate-plus profile (575cc) in my right breast. I started with some slight asymmetry, and the combination that he came up with here is just perfect! Most importantly, they look SO NATURAL. As he states in his website, his goal is to create natural looking breasts that complement one's features, and he most definitely delivered for me. Surgery was really smooth and easy, and I was back to work after a little over a week. My husband can't stop looking at them, so that's when I really know they are just right!

I have to note, too, that everyone at the office is so kind and helpful. Sami, the recovery nurse (who is also Dr. Tholen's wife) is about the most comforting person to see before after surgery. She was so sweet to talk to and made the whole experience very enjoyable. From nurses to billing personnel, everyone was great!

If you want the best around and someone with impressive experience, I absolutely recommend Dr. Tholen. My only regret is that I wish I had done it even sooner!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I always pass on your thanks to my staff, who make what I do possible! Dr. T