New Additions: 371cc and 421cc Mod+ Silicone 33 Yr Old 5'8" 125 lb

Hello all! I am glad to have found this site and...

Hello all! I am glad to have found this site and appreciate that so many women are willing to share their experiences. Thank you!

I have finally made an appointment for a consult with a Minneapolis surgeon and would love everyone's advice (especially Mpls residents) on how many surgeons to consult with before making a decision. Through the site reviews and lots of photo gallery review I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Douglas Gervais (honestly couldn't choose between him or Dr. Tholen -- they both seem to be equally fantastic surgeons) and Dr. Jennifer Harrington.

Has anyone gone forward with the first PS you consulted with? I am afraid of making an impulsive decision, but I also don't want to wait months and months to schedule surgery. Dr. Gervais was able to see me within a week of my call and the other surgeon was scheduling out a month or two.

I will be posting more info as I move forward with the BA, but for now here are my stats:
33 yrs old, no pregnancies, 5'8" 125 lbs, A cup (if I'm lucky) planning for a C cup post op. Other bits of info, I am very active (weight training, hot yoga, water sports) and don't want breasts to hinder my activity level. I also have a significant asymmetry which I will post photos of at a later date. My left breast is noticeably larger than the right but it seems to be a periodic swelling, not every month, but more so for months at a time before settling down. Anyone else out there have a similarly changeable breasts?

I'd appreciate any advice or guidance you ladies would like to share. Thanks!

I had 3 consultations. I picked the first one just because he made me feel the most comfortable even though he was the one with the least experience than the other two. But he did a great job. :-)
Thank you for commenting. You look fabulous!! Also, I appreciate what you said about VS sizing. I went in to be measured and pick up a few new bras for my consult and they said I was a 32B. Pretty sure that's at least a cup size off!
I had 4 consults and went with the 4th one. I researched questions on the internet first and brought them to each consult. One doctor really skeeved me out, so he was an immediate no even though he was the most inexpensive. The second was fine, but his prices were completely outrageous. The 3rd was awesome, but was honest about not feeling all that confident doing noses, so she recommended the 4th doctor (Ness). I left his office feeling confident I'd found my doctor. Coincidentally, he worked in the same office as Dr. Jennifer Harrington up until recently when he moved to a new location. Personally, I think you'll know when you meet the right doctor for you! Good luck!!

Pre-Op Photos

I have a consultation with Dr. Gervais on Feb. 11th! Like you I am very nervous with finding the right doctor. I have heard a lot of good things about him and from the pictures on their website it looks like he does a fantastic job! I am hoping he will be the one so I can get this done with soon! Looking forward to seeing what you think of him!
Thanks for joining in! Yes, I agree, Dr. Gervais' work looks amazing and the staff has been great already. I'll certainly keep you posted.
I had four consults and went with the second one. Do not be afraid to have lots of questions written down and to shop around. You don't hurt anybody's feelings and you need to find what is best for you! If they don't like the fact that you are researching and trying to figure out this life changing thing you are about to go through then X marks the spot for that one. You will know when you find the right one. If something seems wrong or you just can't put your finger on it then skip that one. You have to feel total confidence and feel really good about the PS. You're life is I his/her hands. Good luck!

Inspiration

Inspiration

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Full steam ahead 32A to Full C - Feedback or advice is appreciated!

Hi Ladies! Thank you for your advice on consults. I appreciate everyone's responses very much.

I had a wonderful consult with Dr. Gervais this morning and decided to move forward with surgery. Due to work obligations I either needed to schedule in the next few weeks or wait until March/April, and fortunately they could sneak me in 10 days out first thing in the early a.m. Dr. G was kind, very thorough and listened to all of my concerns including wanting to not be too big for my frame and stay in the C cup range (Ds look amazing but just a little more than a conservative Minnesota girl can handle). I only tried two sizers and then a combo to compensate for my asymmetry. We settled on 339cc (left) and 371cc (right) silicon under the muscle with profile to be determined day of surgery (hoping for a moderate or mod+ profile). It was still a little surprising to see the sizers in a sports bra (the upfront uniboob didn't help affirm my decision) but I realize they will settle and compress a bit when place under the muscle. I've gone into this BA process entirely on my own (with mom's support...we're both small chested) and, as is par for the course, I'm getting a little nervous about size. On one hand I tell myself I'm starting at a small A cup so shouldn't end up as a D inadvertently (sticking to my guns on cc's she says...) but then I shared wish pics with a male friend and he thought they were a little on the big side. What man says you're boobs are too big!?!? LOL In any case, I know they will look great nude or in a bikini and I dress pretty conservatively at work (t's rarely hug into my ribcage unless I'm at the gym). I tried on a few sweaters and my own loose t's with the sizer and it looked great. So, here we go...I'm taking the plunge!!

Can I tell you that judging from your before pics, the size you are picking is going to look simply gorgeous on you?!!!! You will be thrilled with the results. I do lots of yoga and running also and got 225 HP over the muscle and they do not get in the way of anything but are so much better than what I had before. Congrats. Go with your instinct with the doc you choose.
Thanks for your encouragement. You look fantabulous!! I'm pretty new to the BA world but I can't believe the size and look you got from a 225cc. Perhaps that's because of less compression being over the muscle? In any case, they look great--very natural and soft!
Thanks!! Yes and they are D's!! Easily hidden in clothes. It's also a D because they are HPs. And yes, I barely had any breast tissue, so no compression of the implant at all. But that also means I have palpable rippling, which doesn't bother me. Doc says support support support!! There's nothing to hold these girls up -- which is another reason he wouldn't let me go any bigger

Second guessing size and more pre-op pics

Still a little on the fence about size...and if I will end up looking too big. I asked a male and female friend separately their thoughts on my wish boob pics and they both thought the pics (nude pics only) above looked bigger than Cs. I realize cup size is arbitrary really and often recent BA women looks much bigger nude than clothed. Anyway, I have my fingers crossed I'll end up a C cup! I'm posting a few more pre-op pics so you can better see my goal for a balanced figure. Any advice is welcomed :)

I had my BA at Minneapolis plastic surgery with Dr. Tholen. Such an amazing experience. You picked a great place to go!
I think the size you have picked will be perfect for you. Best wishes!!!
Another thought. I've also noticed that you can make your boobs look bigger in pics just in the way you angle the camera and what bra you wear. This is also something to think about.

Rice sizers

I made rice sizers close to 339cc and 371cc. Love how they look in the mirror but it's funny how big they appear when looking down. If these are spot on I'll have to ask the doc about bumping me up on surgery day...

Btw, you have a beautiful physique!!
Hi Hun. I'm 5'2" and was super flat. I did 339 Cc's mod pro plus. and I'm a c-d cup. I'm in between sizes. My ribcage measures 27" and my bust is 32" if that helps u at all:)
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I, too, was so scared of being too big. I'm similar in size, 5'5, 110lbs and athletic and I didn't want to get anything that looked too big for my body... But after showing similar wish boob pics to yours, my doctor recommended getting 425cc high profile. They say that when you go under the muscle you lose some cc's and they end up looking a little smaller. So, speaking from experience, always go bigger! :) The last thing you want is to go through all this to only to be disappointed.

Haters gonna hate

I've kept this whole BA pretty quiet but told my mom (#1 supporter) and my sibling. As a courtesy I told my best friend (female) last week and she pretty much flipped her lid (I knew she would because when I broached the subject 6 months ago she said she though plastic surgery was disgusting). Initially, she said, "whatever makes you happy," but with within 24 hrs that changed to trying to talk me out of/or reschedule my surgery next Friday. Whether it's different values, concern I'm rushing the decision, or threat that I'll finally feel or look sexier, I don't know but it's not very helpful! Just going to take a deep breath and shake it off. Bring on the boobies!

I just saw your profile and had to write. I had a BA with Dr. Gerais this past July. I was just like you was afraid to go too big ended up with 339 moderate plus . I love them, at first I thought they would be too big but think they ended up being just right ! I don't think anyone would ever look and say those are fake lol, That was my goal, to be about a "C" (average) I was VS 32C before and now a VS32DD so 339 brought me up 2 sizes . Dr. Gervais was great, my left one was smaller than the right so we even discussed putting 304cc on the left and 339 on the right. But in surgery he decided to just go with 339 on both. He will give you his opinion if you ask. He thought I had an athletic build and the size I choose was good for my body ( I did consider 371 but they just seemed a little too big for me) they probably would have looked fine. I am about 5'6-1/2 ,130. I also have to say that you hear it a lot the cc's are different on everyone depending on you size and shape etc. Good Luck with your surgery, it was so easy compared to all my worrying. You did pick a great place to go. The whole staff is amazing. Take Care
I completely agree with Jen's comment below. It's your decision! My best friend has been the same way whenever I bring it up to her that I am going to do it. Goes from "why would you want to do that, to you will lose sensation in your nipples!" (Which is not even true for most people.) Just give her time to adjust to the fact, and hopefully she will end up being more supportive! Hopefully my friend will do the same. Can't wait to see how your surgery goes! :)
Thx MissKT :) I've noticed most often the female critics already have boobs (my friend has always had pretty high body confidence) so I'm getting better at disregarding her input. Onward!

Less than 36hrs to go

Getting very excited and can't believe this is actually happening....in 36 hrs! I stopped back at the PS's office today to try the larger sizers on again and ask a few questions. I really liked the projection and shape of the rice sizers I made after my initial appointment. They seemed a bit larger and had better projection than the silicone sizers from my initial consult, so the patient coordinator made a note of it and said she thought the 397cc would get me closer to that look. She suggested I talk to Dr. G on Friday regarding projection and wanting a perky and lifted look and he would take care of the rest. Not sure if that's considered natural...probably not for a large C cup on a 33 year old woman ;) I am very excited Friday and ready for this to happen already!!

I think the rice sizers look great on you. I found that my rice sizers looked the same as size I got! I'm so excited for you. You are going to love it! The only hard part will probably be taking a break from exercising for a little while. Good luck!!
That's great to hear. I am about 12 hours post op and I am already like what I see! I agree that being inactive will be the hardest part but I'm really trying to follow the doctors orders and behave!
Meant to say, you are looking fantastic!! Congrats on your lovely results!

12 hours post op and feeling great! 397cc and 421cc Mod Plus

Hi ladies! I didn't have much time to post a pre-op update....was so busy wrapping up work and house duties. Luckily all the tasks tired me out and kept pre-op nerves at bay (mostly ;). Strangely enough, I slept great last night and woke up feeling pretty peaceful about the surgery. The actual medical side of things (anesthesia, pain, etc) didn't worry me due to two recent stints of general anesthesia but concerns of making the right size decision, symmetry outcome, and countless other aesthetic concerns were my many worry. Luckily, other patients of Dr. Gervais calmed my nerves by saying he was a perfectionist and I was in great hands.

Due to the clinic's superior anesthesia techniques I had zero post-op nausea and we even stopped for Starbucks for lattes and a Redbox movies on the way home. The only initial discomfort has been mild pec tenderness during movement (eating dinner/picking up water glass, etc) and some upper rib cage soreness. The pain meds have been very necessary though perhaps on the lighter side from what I was given for my foot surgeries. They are doing the trick nonetheless.

I am still so excited from the great day and still in a little disbelief. I have boobies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see your results! :)

First pics post op

Self pics in surgical bra look a little larger due to camera angle. My breasts don't feel as hard as I thought they would be they are definitely swollen and very warm. I'm liking the initial shape even though they are still high and tight, and I'm hoping there will be more of a cleavage crease as they settle.

Correction 371cc and 421cc

Correction: I have 371cc (left) and 421cc (right) Natrelle Moderate Plus (style 15) silicone implants.

Lovely already! Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How exciting!!! You're on the other side!!
You look great!! Mod prof plus style 15 421cc is what I have! Drink lots of water and rest :) so glad to hear you are feeling so good!

Day 2: Feeling good

All seems to be going well so far. I've being diligent with hydration, icing, and meds/laxatives and am already feeling better than yesterday (Celebrex and muscle relaxers awesome ;). Like my forum friend BoobsLaRue (we share the same surgery date) I barely slept last night...not so much from pain but just couldn't hit a deep sleep or get comfy on elevated pillows.
A few misc notes:
I have heard a sloshing sound in my right breast but the nurse said that is normal. My friend/caretaker has been very stern about limiting motion (my PS said elbows below shoulders--different instructions for diff docs it seems) so I'm staying in mummy pose and keeping elbows glued to my side.

My PS's office informed me of risks of cat dander and infection but said as long as the kitty didn't sleep on the bed I should be fine (this is more crucial for patients with drains--which I do not have). I didn't want to take any risks or have that discussion with kitty throughout the night so I packed her up and sent her to my brother's place. Going to wait a full two weeks until incisions are completely healed to bring her home :(

Also, I didn't research the actual surgical technique prior to surgery (should have) but learned that my PS used cauterization to create implant pocket, etc. This controls bleeding, discomfort, and quickens recovery (phew).

Thank you again for following my review and all your encouragement. I really would not have wanted to go through this without the RealSelf community and all the info and encouragement other members have provided. Thank you ladies!

Wowow love itt
Love your update! Hopefully we sleep better tomorrow night! Phew! I managed to get two hours in from 6am-8am, and that was probably the best sleep I got the entire night. Sorry about your kitty! My two adorable doggies have been banished from the bedroom. They are staying as close to the door as possible and so desperately want to hop in bed with me. Your pictures are looking amazing! Cannot believe it's only day 2! Really cute, my mom came by and brought me a little gift back from Victoria Secrets. . . 2 adorable bras. . . but, they are 32-C. . . LOL! I just held them up over my boobs, and there is no way possible I will be able to squeeze into them! Hopefully she kept the receipt! Hope your day goes good today and that you get lots of rest! :)

Interesting tidbit: Weight of silicone implants

(From interwebs) To find Silicone Breast Implant Weight:
1cc weighs 0.0375 oz.
To calculate the weight of silicone implants, use the following formula:
e.g. Weight for a set of 300cc breast implants
300cc x 2 = 600cc (for both implants)
600cc x 0.0375 = 22.5 oz.
To convert ounces into pounds, divide the total of 22.5 oz. by 16 (there are 16 ounces in 1 pound).

The scale says I am exactly 5 lbs up from pre-op weight but according to formula I put on 1.86 lbs in boobs yesterday. I can definitely live with that!!

you look great congrats =}
Thank you! Best of luck with your BA. Only 20 days to go!
Looking great! Rest and enjoy your new additions!

Friend Update

So my best lady friend (who tried to talk me out of this last week) has been traveling but sent me a good luck text on surgery day. Today she checked in on me by asking, "So did they put the nips back on straight? ;) "

Guess she couldn't stay mad for long :)

Congratulation !! I had a hard time believing it all had happened too! Go to sleep then wake up and you have boobs lol . I am glad I didn't do any more research than I did either. But you made it and you look great! It all happened so fast for me (8 Days) from consultation to surgery that I never even took before picture. I could probably get them from the Dr. It is amazing all the different things that Doctors want you to do post op. I had a hard time sleeping the first night too, maybe the anesthesia ? I remember the sloshing sounds and I even had squeaking sounds for awhile but they all went away. You might as well save yourself any anxiety and call the office and talk to a nurse. They were always very nice and totally understanding . I love this site too. And when you are wondering you can usually find your answer here. Don't worry they will soften up and drop down. Learned that here too drop and fluff. I am sure you have also read that sometimes you won't have your final results for up to a year. I think you will just notice you like them more and more as time goes by . Well do what the Dr. says and take care of yourself. I didn't like having to sleep propped up but it helps. Think you will be super happy :-)
So 20 days ? Guessing you are still debating on size ? I did that too, think we all do ? Good luck !
Ohh thats the hard part, being patient! Lol

Day 3

Hi all :) Finally got some sleep last night (11 hours!!) and everything is feeling better. I'm down to 1-2 reg Tylenol every six hours, 1 Robaxin muscle relaxer (750 mg) every 3 hrs as needed. I'm weaning off the Vicodin because I end up loopy, itching like a crack head and have to take Benadryl. There's a little Celebrex in the regimen as well to help with inflammation.

The swelling is getting better. My breasts don't feel lava hot or like they're in my armpits anymore. There is little bruising near my left breast incision but hopefully it will fade by the first follow up on Wednesday. I can't wait to get this latex tape off my chest!! Between that and the surgical bra the girls have never felt so confined!

GI tip: I'm drinking a ton of water and finding that a digestive/laxative aid with Senna is more effective than docusate alone. I'm still bloated but at least things are moving ;)

She's right the first week is the hardest. Hopefully you will notice things getting better and better ever day ! Waking up with that morning boob is no fun but promise it will get better :-)
Aw,, just hang in there! The first wk is the toughest. But it's all worth it!! :)
Wow 11 hours sleep. U must feel like a new person. Glad to hear everything is going well. My ps told me same thing keep Arms down And close to u. Do u have to wear compression band?

Almost human

Hey ladies. Glad to report I'm feeling nearly normal other than of course the slight tightness from the new girls. I was back to work yesterday but just emailing from home. My range of motion is much improved and I can already tell it will be difficult to take it easy over for a full two weeks. Pulling on shirts over head is fine and I've been showering and fixing my hair since Sunday. Got a good night sleep and have actually acclimated to sleeping propped up. I ended up using several large Ikea Euro square pillows against the headboard and then covering my regular pillows in the beauty satin cases from Target ($5) which has had bedtime much more enjoyable.

I was still pretty sore (and grumpy I'll admit) over the weekend but that quickly improved. I stepped out for a walk Saturday night (kept pulse under 100 bpm...just down the block) and enjoyed a fresh snow fall. It definitely hit me that I should be nothing other than happy and very grateful. I was recovering from a boob job after all...talk about first world problems. I feel so fortunate to have had this BA and several supportive friends to help me through it :)

Out of curiosity, I calculated my bra size using a fabric tape and an online bra size chart. Looks like I'm falling right around a 34C to 32D (woohoo!!). Will be interested to get sized at VS in a few weeks.

I'm posting a few more pics. Still a little concerned about my asymmetry which is more apparent from certain angles, but I'm sure it will improve in time. Also, I'm heading out for coffee now so dressed in a casual Anthro sweater (size S) wearing surgical bra and tank underneath. For all you ladies worried about going to big or going to a D don't worry. Unless you choose to show off your assets most people will never know what you've got hiding under there ;) xo!

They look great, and cute sweater !
Thank you dear!
Your top is adorable and you look super cute for your coffee run! I'm honestly not seeing the asymmetry. . . the girls are looking so perfect! Round and beautiful, absolutely no franken-boob! And it looks like you are going to have the perfect amount of "side-boob"! Just wait until that take comes off! Honestly girl, they are looking so good!!!! I took 3 Senna tablets this morning and still playing the waiting game :(

Frankenboob, the bloat, and shopping for sports bras

I've heard everyone talk about Frankenboob/morning boob but mine hasn't been too bad. I'm hoping that doesn't mean they're already to low or something (if it's going well I immediately start worrying it's too good to be true!!). I've actually felt better in the morning from lying still all night and periodically getting up to take a muscle relaxer. I might be an anomaly, but more likely I think it has to do with Dr. Gervais' surgical techniques to create the perfect pocket with as little trauma to your natural tissues as possible. Also, I took "don't like" pics with me to consult and showed him a bunch of implants that looked like hard round balls. I worried mine would look like that because I was lean but he said it was most likely because the surgeon didn't create an adequate pocket. I was still skeptical about the outcome (always expecting the worst;) but it looks like he did a wonderful job and I had plenty of tissue to cover the implant.

The bloat is getting much better and I'm nearly back back to pre-op weight. I think some of that has to do with decreased exercise and muscles shedding water but also the meds have caused a little stomach upset :( Also, I've learned post-op is not the time to restrict calories (no dieting ladies) and be sure to get plenty of protein. Your body is healing and actually burning more calories than normal.

I'm very excited to actually wear a comfortable sorts bra instead of this granny surgical bra so I picked up a few of the cute Champion C9's at Target yesterday. I was optimistic that I'd need a medium now, but no, I'm still a small :( The band was gaping but rest was snug. If you're a 32 stick with the small imo.

Will post more pics this afternoon :)

Looking really good! I have a Warner's sports bra and I switch it up and it's comfy for all day wear.

5 Days Post-op. New Pics.

Had a great follow up with my PS today. He said everything looks wonderful. No more tape. No steri-strips. Just keep everything clean/dry and no gym until 14 days. He didn't address the asymmetry and I'm sure it's not noticeable if you're not looking for it, but I'll post a pic straight on that makes it more apparent. I also had my left clavicle reconstructed 10 years ago so I'm sure the slope of my shoulder and posture are affecting this as well.

Bruising is clearing up but I still have a bit of numbness and zingers now and then. The nips are mostly numb with pangs of sensitivity now and then; the numbness extends from the areola to the crease in a triangle pattern. It's early yet so I'm hopeful sensation will return but it's not a deal breaker for me either.

Now it's just a waiting game for the d&f and hoping righty makes a little more progress :)

*Photo repost*

Hi - you look fab! Your stats are so similar to mine... We have such a similar physique. Your second wish pic is the one I have in mind too. How strange lol! I am having 310cc on 1st April and I am so so so excited!! xX
Thanks for the update, now you wait ? But I am sure you will love them more and more as time goes by !! It has only been 5 days :-) You look great !
Great update, and glad your PS was happy with everything. Your incisions look so teeny tiny! And the girls are looking great! :)

*Photo repost*

Forget the perfect boobies! I want your arms and abs!! :D
Thanks! I've always kept active and rode horses for 23 years....now that I don't ride I found the gym to be a really good outlet. And I still want perfect boobies! I see you had two different sized implants but your asymmetry was less noticeable. Did you find they settled at the same time or did it take a while for them to even out? My right side (dominant hand) looks high and small despite the 50cc increase but it's still very much has the 'snoopy' profile while the left one looks really good. I hoping gravity will kick in and pull righty down a bit! Did your PS have you do any massage exercises?
Very nice picture, you look great and a perfect size for you !

Another swim pic

Black swim suit looks great!!!! Love the cleavage!
Like the lady below, I'm actually more interested in coming to you for advice on personal training! :) But back to boobies; I had the same issue with my best friend too. I think that's because she's been 'the one with boobs' for so long now, that she feels put out realizing that I'll now have a more impressive cleavage than her! Just take it as a bit of innate female competition- not a personal vendetta against your decision! Anyway, your results look really great- and remember to keep us updated on your progress!
Thanks GFB18 :) Yes, I think you're right. I had brunch with her and another girlfriend the other day and it was pretty good time (I got a fair amount of ribbing but it was all in good fun and they are actually quite curious about all the details). I'm sure it will be old news in a few weeks ;)

Boobs and Body Image

I wanted to share a thoughts from a PM conversation with another member regarding fitness. I know this is a plastic surgery forum but I think fitness really ties into our quest to feel and look better. I am not an authority by any means and there a ton of women on here that are in amazing shape and clearly work hard to stay fit. A lot of them are moms, and a lot of them are 10 or 15 years older than me and they look amazing!!

To share a little about body image and my fitness goals, I started working out about four years ago in effort to get fit and "like my body" better (never set foot in a gym until I was 28 and could best be described as 'skinny fat'). I signed up for a year of personal training at a local gym and tried to keep tabs on my nutrition. I'm definitely human and complete sugar addict, but I try to remember it's 90% diet and 10% what you do in the gym (wish it way the other way around). Nothing really changed until I started lifting heavy about 2 years ago (unassisted pull ups, dead lifts, squats etc and some HIIT for cardio). Now I lift five days a week and will often take a yoga class or long walk on day six.

I really enjoyed seeing the progress but no matter how hard I worked I couldn't change the size of my beasts. So here I am :) I talked to a therapist briefly about having a BA last Fall (I was feeling conflicted...and as it turns out she was staunchly opposed to plastic surgery). She was concerned that a BA wouldn't change or improve my self worth. I told her I already had plenty of self worth and this wasn't about changing how I felt about myself...it was just about changing how I felt about my breasts ;) Pretty simple imo.

I realize that's a bit of a tangent but felt like I should share. Now back to boobs. Posting day 10 progress pics shortly. Thanks for reading :)

Day 10 Pics

Not a lot of change with the position or symmetry but most of the bruising has cleared up. My incisions look great but the left incision is a bit more red. This has always been the fussy and larger breast (even pre-op) and seemed to have more swelling despite the smaller implant. This morning I discovered lefty has developed a small Mondor's cord but it's only visible when I take a deep breath or stretch my chest. There's a bit of deeper bruising and soreness between a few of my ribs but it's barely visible. Driving has been fine since day 4 and I feel almost 100% other than I'm not allowed to exercise or lift anything over five lbs yet (my purse weighs more than 5lbs!!).

A full assortment of sports bras just arrived from Zappos. Will let you ladies know if I find any winners!

Am I the only one that is like "booooo, where are the pictures?" LOL! Looking forward to the zappos update. . . I thought they just sold shoes?
I know!! I think there's technical difficulties afoot (I'm not the only one). Will try reposting tonight.
Thanks! It's looks a lot like the suit you have. I think it might be better for boating and doesn't need to be taped in place ;)

Repost: Day 10 Pics

Repost: Day 10 Pics

Your results look lovely so far, you must be happy! I see from your posts you enjoy the gym and weights - are you going to be able to get back to lifting weights with your sub-muscular placement?x
you look fantastic! I'm trying to decide between 371 and 397 too... and my right breast is also smaller than my left. ba in 6 days omg! good luck healing!
You look Gorgeous, congratulations! X

Two week update

I'm happy to report things are going well at the two week point. My right side is starting to settle a bit and come more in line with the left. It still looks like my right pec is fighting the implant and it's not really a nice soft tear drop shape yet but hopefully laying off the chest work outs will allow that to change in time. The Mondors cord is still there but much less sore than at the onset. I'm still sleeping on my back and being careful about heavy lifting or reaching but most of the soreness has dissipated (still stiff and tight in the rib area though). I just started back to the gym a few days ago with cardio (stairs and bike), core/abs and some lower body weights; my stamina is much reduced but it still feels good to get out there and move. So far I've been playing it safe with compression bras and dark colored Under Armour tanks etc. My gym is kind of a meat market so it will be a small victory if these Ds go unnoticed ;)

I'm very curious to go get measured but I'm resigned to sports bras for 3-4 more weeks. Did any of you gals get measured at week two or three and stay the same or change size? Most of the online calculators have me at a 32D but I'd like to hear it from a professional.

You look great! I'm looking at a similar size for my March 13th surgery and am hoping my results are as great as yours.
Beautiful results!
Looking great!! I have overs and measured at week one for a 32D and they still fit a year later. I don't know if that helps you any, but anyone else with overs finds this to be true?

1 Month Update

Hello ladies! Not much dramatic to report since my last update nor a ton of visual change but I've posted two more pics.

I had my one month follow up today and my PS said all looks good. I asked him about the right side still being high and he agreed the upper pole was a little more full but to give it time. He said I can go ahead and wear regular bras now and I don't have any exercise restrictions (though I'm to take it easy and work back into upper body lifting gradually). I'm excited to hit the weights and get some muscle back on :)

I still have a bit of numbness in the lower pole of my breasts and my nipples are hyper sensitive, but the zingers are starting to subside. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things are looking but I still have twinges or worry about bottoming out, particularly on the left side. I know there's nothing I can do about it at this point so I'll just hope for the best :) Any input or words of wisdom from ladies who have bottomed out would be appreciated.

All for now...bra shopping to commence in 3-2-1!!

Please tell me some workout tips!! Haha Or what the hell u do to look this good?? You're guna have so much fun bra shopping:D
You look great! Can't believe it's already been a month!! After seeing your results I am really happy I choose Dr. Gervais! Only two more days for me! :) Have fun bra shopping!
Hello, I think you look great ! Kinda funny how picky we get after our BA's huh ? Before they happen we were thinking I would be happy to be a B or a C cup. Then we expect perfection lol I know because that's how I was, Just look in the mirror and say" wow I look great" , and you do ! There are all kinds of deals out there at VS now and free shipping all of March I think !

Before/After Photo

Hello lovely ladies! I wanted to share a before and after (6 1/2 weeks post-op) photo. I'm still hoping for the symmetry to improve, but after seeing the comparison of the two photos I still think it's a great improvement over what I had. I've noticed camera angle (esp the iphone's tendency to distort things at close range) seems to exaggerate any asymmetry. My posture also seems to make the lower breast more noticeable (I tried to even out my shoulders for photos but one clavicle is reconstructed and it really effects my posture).

Also, I briefly wanted to address a concern (however trivial) I had before my BA. I realize I'm pretty slender but I was concerned, as a lot of us are, that this would dramatically effect my shape and make me look heavier or matronly. If anything my experience has been quite the opposite. It really has balanced me out and made my waist and butt look smaller (I'm about 2lbs heavier in post op photo and have lost a little upper body muscle.). Again, I'm not sure if phone snaps accurately depict my figure (think they make my bottom half look a smaller than it is due to camera angle...I'm a size 6 or 28 jeans) but I certainly feel more balanced now.

Also, bra shopping report:
VS sizing yields 32D. I bought several bras last week including the new super comfy t-shirt bra. Highly recommended as an every day bra!

We have a similar shape bit you look so much more lovely pre op :) Can i ask did you know your bwd and rib cage size before then op? Ps you must be very happy you look fantastic
Thank you Daisychain! Not sure I loved my pre-op look but really worked hard to maximize the positive ;) I don't know what my bwd was/is (my PS probably recorded it but I didn't ask). My ribcage is quite small for someone my height. Not sure how you measured on your profile but I measure 28" around where my bra sits. Does that help?
You know what ? I think you look great and very proportionate ! My Nephew thought I had lost weight too because I looked more proportionate. I can't believe it's already been 2 months? I am thinking I should do an update on rushing out to buy new bras . We are all so excited and do that and I wish I would have waited because it changed from 32DD to 32DDD in about 3 months. So don't go crazy yet lol . Glad your happy and things are going well .

Brassiere Update

Last week's bra shopping really brought home how irrelevant asking for a bra size can be when consulting with a PS. If my doc had given me a full C as I had asked I probably wouldn't have been very happy. Instead going for a certain look and shape was a better approach for me. My current size is NOT what I was expecting but it makes sense since I have a pretty small ridecage for my height. I'm measuring 28" just under my breasts and max bust measurement of 36".

I headed back to VS last week to try on a few more bras. The 32Ds weren't comfortable and it felt like the cup was the wrong shape or size (and a nip might inadvertently pop out at any moment :o). I was resized as a 32DD and that seemed to fit much better. I was a little put off by how much bra a DD actually was...the cups looked huge and it was just so much fabric! I did walk out with one bra--the Body by Victoria unlined demi. It's very soft and doesn't look so overwhelmingly huge on.

Thought I'd get a second opinion and headed down to Nordstrom. Their 'fit specialist' measured me and we tried a bunch of sizer bras to settle on a 30DDD (yikes!!!). So I got the Natori Feathers bra which I really like. It's very minimal but provides enough coverage to conceal nips and the plunge shape works for a lot of different necklines. The pretty lace overlay really disappears under clothing too. The 30" band is a lot more snug than I'm used to so I might try the sister size (32DD) and see if that's a little more comfortable.

Pics posting shortly. I really don't think I look like a DD in photos. Both bras are basic black...I'll branch out one of these days ;)

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks Saranoh :) Yes, I think you're right about doing a post about buying bras. I just have the two and pretty much wear sports bras and such around the house (but I don't have a lingerie loving husband like a lot of these gals). Are you pretty much sticking to Victoria's Secret brand? I really liked the Natori and La Perla at Nordstrom--so pretty and great quality!
I guess I have one of those husbands that tells me maybe I should stop and see what they have and even goes with me lol.( Also love lingerie ) I am going to check out the bands you mentioned because now that I need that 32DDD they just don't carry it too much at VS , could be a C somewhere else lol. Pretty is always good !

2 Month Update

Hi all :) It's been a little over two months since my BA. I'm not noticing as many changes but it seems like my breasts and cleavage are continuing to soften. Still not especially happy about the asymmetry, and though it's not apparent when wearing normal clothing, I do notice it at the gym through fitted shirts and tanks. Also from what I can tell my scars are more apparent than most women at this stage (perhaps just be the way my body heals...?). The incisions actually looked better at 10 days post op than they do now. I also wish they were a bit more hidden under the breast than toward the midline...not sure why they are positioned that way but something to ask at my next follow up.

Pics of my lower (left) breast show the scar migrating up more than the right. Must have more elastic tissue on that breast.

Sorry to rant. Just ever critical ;) Overall I love the size and feel much more proporionate in clothing and in swim suits. Looking forward to beach season...it's just around the corner!

Your results are beautiful!! Hope you're doing well! Excited to hear how your healing is progressing.
I need to update so I can show you my scars! I have the same problem with my right scar. It's bigger (due to that being the smaller breast with the larger implant) and it's not hidden like my left one is. My scars are still a little pink at 8 months PO. Your asymmetry will still correct itself. Mine are still changing. My PS told me if I wasn't happy with my scar to come back in at one year PO. Don't know what they can do about it, but he told me he wants me to be 100% happy with them! So you need to give yourself a full year PO to see all of your changes. But I think you look fantastic! :)
Thanks for the feedback. I know, I know, I need to be patient and it's still very early yet ;) Your scars look quite good imo. I know from other surgeries (on my foot) it's taken at least 6 mo for the scar to flatten and then more time to fade. Thanks again for your post. Congrats on your results and the great cleavage!!

3 Month Update

Posting a few photos about 3 months post op. Had a nice visit with my PS a few weeks ago and he recommended a silicone scar gel (SkinMedica recovery gel) to use twice daily before and we would reassess at my 6 mo follow up. We also discussed the asymmetry and lower position of left breast (and movement of incision up breast). Again, something to keep and eye on but he thought there wouldn't be too many more changes after 3 mo.

After looking at my wish pics and comparing results to other women with similar stats it's pretty clear that my breasts look "bottom heavy" (notice nipple is creeping up to center and more breast volume below nipple). I feel like I should have a perkier look esp in light of never having children and having good muscle tone. I'm not sure if this is considered classic bottoming out, but it's not the result I was going for. I'm also very envious of other women's scar healing and placement. This TMI, but I've just started dating again, and am absolutely embarrassed by my scars and not looking forward to explaining them away to a new bf. Sigh. So far I'd give my satisfaction level with this BA about a 6. At least I look better in clothing and swim suits so I guess that's a plus. Sorry to rant. Been holding it in a while;) Here's to hoping things improve....cheers all :)

You look amazing! I like that you talked about wanting a full C but focusing more on wish pictures instead of size. I was so caught up in cup sizes and cc amounts and my PS told me to bring him pictures of what I want to help choose a size at my pre-op. We'll see! Your results are fantastic...congrats!
You look amazing to!!!! How's your workouts? Mine are getting better and better! I'll be doing pull ups soon again! Keep me posted!
You look amazing.. Your body was amazing before as well. You picked the perfect size for your body. You are a 10!
Douglas L. Gervais, MD

Being in Dr. Gervais' care has been a wonderful experience thus far. He has been kind, thorough and very attentive to my concerns about size and asymmetry (yet decisive about how to address them despite my tendency to waffle over decisions). The head anesthesiologist is fantastic (zero nausea post-op), and nurse Jill was kind and helpful while guiding me through the sizing process. It was comforting to see her face in the OR on surgery day. Love the entire team!