28 Yrs, 5'6", 135lbs, 410cc Silicone - best decision ever!

First....thank you, thank you, thank you to...

First....thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has posted reviews it has been a huge help.

As hard as this is I'm going to try and keep this to the point and informative...hopefully my information can help someone else down the road :) Yea for boobies!

Me......
Age: 28 years oldWeight: 135lbs
Height: 5'6"
Build: Athletic [size 26 or 0-2 (in Express / Banana Republic pants)]
Pre-Op: A cup 34 band width
Kids: None (planning to try in 2-4 years)

Doctor/Surgery Details:
Clinic/Doctor: I will release this information after the surgery
Surgery Date: May 8, 2014
Incision: Infra-mammary (crease) under muscle
Implant: Sientra Silicone
Size: Leaving this up to the doctor (approx 375 - 475cc)

Pre-Op Preparations.....
Diet: 1 month pre-op cut alcohol, excessive salt, garlic, Advil (other restricted medications). 1 week before I will be doing a special diet found online to help avoid constipation and nausea post op.

Clothing: I have always worn a heavily padded bra. For the past several months I've been wearing "cutlets" in a D size bra. I'm hoping after implants people at work won't be able to tell (conservative workplace).

Telling People: Only my husband and some close friends. NO immediate family - maybe after.

Doctor Appts: I had standard pre-op appointments and have been cleared by my internist for surgery. No mammogram before (both my primary doctor and PS said not needed. Without implants I wouldn't be scheduled for one for several years. My breast tissue at this age is too dense for a good scan. Between now and my first needed test my tissue will naturally change therefore making the pre-test pretty useless. About 1 year after surgery I will have a test to use as a baseline for future testing).

Surgery Plans:
I have a 6 hour drive to and from the doctor. I'm taking half day off 5/7 for the drive. My surgery is at 6:30am on 5/8. I have a post op appointment Friday and plan to drive home Saturday. I will return to work (desk job) on Tuesday.

Exercise: Normal restrictions. I'm going to try and do the arm stretches and walk a little bit. Hopefully this will help with recovery.

Clothing: Purchased Coobie bras. PS recommends ace wrap for the 1st few days/week until stitches out. Then no bra / just tank. I haven't been shopping for months knowing I would have to purchase some new clothing/bras after.....it has been hard! Looking forward to fun day of shopping once i have healed.

Great review! Very nice and detailed! Thanks for sharing and good luck! Can't wait to see them!
Thanks! So excited!! The next 2 weeks can't go fast enough!
I only had to wait 4 days so I feel for you!!

Less than 2 weeks to go!!! Sizers and wish!

I cannot believe that I have less than 2 weeks to go before my surgery! I am trying so hard to not get overly excited or nervous but WOW is it hard. Here are some pictures of me with and without sizers (purple shirt). Plus a few choice "Wish" pictures out of the million I have on my computer now....like many before I have driven my husband crazy with my boob obsession!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sizer question??? Pre Surgery boob greed :)

So after trying on some rice sizers last night...I really like the 415cc in pictures and I think it is what I want. However even after a few hours they just felt soo big. Can anyone else relate to this?

I originally thought Id be going with 375cc but the longer I look the bigger I want.

I don't want to regret my final size or end up wanting more. Any input or help would be appreciated.....

I'm getting Sientra textured implants towards the end of the month. Going to keep checking back on your post to see how you are doing. I'm 5'6'' 129lbs and wanting at least 400ccs. Good Luck with your surgery!
Thanks! So excited....I cannot believe mine is coming up so fast! I actually started using some essential oils about a week ago....we will see if it helps with recovery time! Good luck to you too!

Less than 24 hours....

Wow..I cannot believe my countdown app says less than 24 hours. Finally!

So just a few changes:
- I decided to tell my mom and a close friend about my BA ahead of time. What a load off. My mom had mixed feelings but did the "it's your choice", my friend was just excited!

- got my hair cut and colored last night so I feel all refreshed. And I got some red put in for fun! Love it.

Other than that bags are packed, I've been drinking about 100 ounces of water a day for the last 3 days....I swear I'm peeling every 30 minutes :) I have a half day if work then I start my 6 hour drive.

I'm nervous but surprisingly I'm mostly excited and ready to do this!

Good Luck!!
Thank you. I'll try to post something soon after....we will see. Fingers crossed for fast recovery!

Boobies!!! :)

I am the official owner of boobies!!!

I beleive 405 or 410 implants.
Surgery was at 7:30am. I was in recovery at 9:30am and being wheeled out by 10:00am.
I have minimal pain at this point.
Haven't taken a pain med or Tylenol. Going to eat a little and then take some Tylenol only.

I am a little sleepy but all in all it just feels like I did an intense chest workout.
I'm going to eat some applesauce and start downing water :)

Absolutely loved my doctor and the staff. So glad I did this. I'll update more details later.

Post op photo

So I've spent most of my day sleeping and it feels great. I can get up and go to the bathroom myself.
But I'm having my husband support me to be safe when sitting up and down.
The right is slightly less swollen and is a little lower but both just feel tight. I'm leaving bandage on until my post op appt at 9am.
Only taking 3 extra strength 500mg Tylenol ever 4 hours and my antibiotic 3 times a day.

So far I've eaten: some chicken strips (not super greasy ones), a berry yogurt smoothie, and 3 bottles of water.

Here are some post op photos. I have a tight black tank pulled down by my waist...looks a little weird in photos.

That's it for today. Back to sleep.
Hope everyone else is doing well!

Post op Appt

I slept well last night waking up every few hours to take Tylenol. Woke up feeling pretty good. Had a quick post op appt and then based on how I felt and talking to the doctor I made the 5 hour drive home.
Made it home but had just about as much as i could take by the time I got there.
Switched to 2 Tylenol every 4 hours today and could definetly tell when they were wearing off. But all in all not a horrible day.
Here's 1 post op. I'm having a hard time standing straight withot hunching but I'm not going to push it to much at this point.
I'll post more tomorrow.
So far LoVe love love my boobies. Totally worth it and so glad I finally did this!

Post op day 2 & 3

So not much has changed. Chest is still tight, the left one noticeably more so. I was able to shower by myself today and blow dry my hair with help from my husband.
Stomach is still a little off. But all in all major bloating done....just a little residual.
I do have some loss of feeling on both sides. I know this can happen and I'm not to worried. I'm so swollen and I get little tingling/zingers so I am hoping with time all feeling will return.
Other than being unconfortable(not in any real pain) I'm doing fine. Still loving them and soo excited to see how they change over the next few weeks/months!

Day 4

Today I feel really good. A few zingers that caught me off guard but I'm up and moving around the house. I'm having a hard time during on restrictions but I am sticking to them.
One other note- not sure I mentioned before. I do have an accessory nipple on one side that is just above the stitches so it makes that incision look worse.
It was an option to remove but it doesn't really bother me - so I left it.
Here are a few photos from today!

You look so good! Thank you for updating. You are the closest to my sats doing sientra too. Helps me decide size. For sure going at least 400cc. What profile and shape did you go with?
Thank you! Mine are moderate round. I haven't tried on a lot of clothes but I did have a 34D bra from VS I used with cutlets before my surgery and it fit today. I doubt I will be bigger than a D as final size but we will see. They seem big when I put on a swimsuit top but under a shirt are easily concealed.

Essential Oils

I'm a skeptical person but I started using Essential oils shortly before my surgery. The week before I held off because I didn't want it to affect anything. I'm still not confident in their use.
Post op....I did use lavender for pain and relaxation but only applied to my feet and temples the rest was all aroma. I also used a little peppermint aroma if I felt at all nausea and it helped.

Now to my point....everyone talks about bloating and it does suck. Seriously worse than the pain for me. I've had BM but am still bloated and heard I will be for about 2 weeks. This evening it was to the point that it just hurt and was uncomfortable. I took a mix of essential oils and applied a set of them to my back and feet....relief! Seriously amazing. I've been drinking water, walking around, watching what I eat but after the oils I finally felt a little better. The bloating is by no means gone but feeling a little less of it is great.

I haven't otherwise purchased anything for the surgery, no special pillows, special ice packs, supplements, etc (and I don't think I missed anything). But I would say the oils have been worth it.

Congratulation so beatiful!!!! Your sientra is smoth or textured?
Thank you! Mine are smooth.

Stitches are gone!!!!

So almost a full week! Here are a few quick notes:
My husband took out my stitches tonight. Seeing as the doctor was so far away we got the ok to take care of it at home. I'm happy with how the incisions look at this point.

My chest had enough of the ace bandage today. Wearing it under clothes is annoying and uncomfortable. My doctor now wants me in tank only.
One side is definitely dropping faster than the other....with nothing holding them down now they feel huge.....but after an hour or so the weight on my chest seems to have subsided some.
Other than that I think bloating is almost gone. I have some residual but it isn't horrible.
I've been sleeping OK on my back- would love to be sleeping on my side but doc said I have to wait 3 week.
Still numbness on the bottom and nipple on my left side but today I started feeling some tingling so I think that is a good sign.
That's it.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Update: 11 days post op

So it has been just over a week...so far most of the pain is gone. I get tingling, some zingers if I push it too much, and I can definitely feel the skin stretching now...that's probably the worse at this point.
My breasts are still high and dropping unevenly. From the nipple down the left side is still numb but I feel tingling so I'm optimistic that feeling will return.
I'm super happy with the incisions.

I am just about back to normal as far as day to day. I've been wearing no bra usually a tank and I've tried a coobie bra but I haven't worn that longer than an hour or so.
I still don't sleep through the night....just dying to roll onto my side! I have the ok at 3 weeks.

I tried on some dresses, lingerie, etc and I cannot believe the difference!!! Love love love my boobs! Cannot wait until they are all settled...I can't stop playing with them- they are getting softer everyday. :)

I guess that is it for now :)

Just over 3 weeks!

So it has been just over 3 weeks since my surgery. I can start light exercise this week....finally! I can't take anymore of this sitting around!!
Overall I feel good. I'm still sore and don't have feeling back in my left breast. Some days I get some tingling, zingers, etc....so still hoping it comes back eventually!
All in all I still love my boobs! I've rediscovered some old tops that fit amazing and bought a few new summer dresses!!! Being able to pull them off without a bra is great!

That's all for now!

Just over 5 weeks post op

So it has been 5 weeks....the last two weeks really flew by.
I had my 1 month post op appt last week. Doctor is happy with everything. At 6 weeks I am all clear to assume lifting and full exercise (obviously using common sense).

I feel great. My right side is very sensitive and I get occasional zingers that stop me in my tracks. My left side is still fairly numb but the last few days...as I become more active.....I can feel a little coming back. My doctor said it could be up to 6 months before it is back to normal sensation.

Incision scars are healing well at 6 weeks I can start any scar treatment I want. Other than that here are a few updated pics.....love my boobies!

You have perfect results! Are you wearing an underwire bra now? Wondering how it feels if it pushes on the incision at all?
Dr. Harrington

Dr. Jennifer Harrington of Harrington Plastic Surgery. Amazing doctor, staff, clinic, and overall experience. She is a straight forward, to the point, knowledgable doctor. I didn't spend a lot of time asking blanket questions with her. The office made me feel comfortable. Has great "what if" policies, was clean, modern, and professional. She was very confident in her work and it shows. I was from out of the area and did a lot of email contact with the office - always fast responses. Plain and simple she knows what she is doing and it showed in the final product. My recovery has been a breeze. Feel free to ask me questions about her or my procedure. I strongly recommend her and her clinic.