Dark Circles is my Result - Minneapolis, MN

I decided to try Latisse after seeing all the TV...

I decided to try Latisse after seeing all the TV ads with Brooke Shields and reading some articles on it in fashion magazines. I purchased Latisse through the doctors office where i get my facials. It's a pricey product at $120.00 , the bottle is VERY small and the way they tell you to apply it.... causes a lot of waste.

My results of eyelash growth were very minimal, the side effects were many. I found the product very irritating with burning & itching, but like a FOOL in search of long luscious eyelashes ...i continued and finish the bottle. I was told it takes a good 12-16 weeks for full results, so i purchased a second bottle.

After about 10 weeks i noticed the worst side effect, i developed SEVERE discoloration around & under my eyes. I stopped using the product, but still after 9 weeks of not using Latisse , i am still left with dark circles that will not go away. I have never had to use concealer in my life,now i can't leave the house without it. I wake every morning looking 20 years older because of my horrible dark discoloration around my eyes. I am told this may be a permanent side effect and after 2 months of not seeing any change, I BELIEVE IT'S HERE TO STAY !!!!

I am so mad at myself for ever using this product and give a strong warning to all that are considering it.

Have you seen any improvement in your dark circles yet? I read that some Latisse side effects take 15 months to reverse but they usually seem to be reversible.
Yes, my eyelashes have grown minimally, however, I look like a raccoon now.What's the purpose of having long lashes but having to look 20 years older in the process. I wont be using this product any more.
Zeiduh, I wish it was from over-use. I use one drop for both eyes which is half the recommended amount. I generally apply Latisse an hour before I go to bed. My bottle lasted 8 weeks. Last night, I also noticed for the first time, a couple of dark pigment changes in my iris. I'm blonde with blue/green eyes so the "dots" are noticeable. Perhaps I'm one of the unfortunate ones to suffer the side affects of this product.
Sorry about your side effects! Can I ask if (possibly) you OVER-USED the product? I have been using it just at night for almost 7 weeks with no problems. But I am careful not to use too much (about two small drops right before I go to bed.) I bought a 3 ml bottle and still have fluid in it. - after almost 7 weeks. I just ordered another 3 ml bottle of it so that I will not run out without more available.
I, too, developed the hideous dark circles not only under my eyes, but around my eyes. My mother visited from out of state, and asked why I was bruised around my eye! My sweet daughter tries to "wipe off" the darkness. The results have aged me tremendously as my eyes look excessively tired and old. :-(
Bella, I do hope your discoloration will fade in time. I used Latisse for a few weeks and noticed darkening UNDER my eyes also, not on the lids where the product is applied. I looked like death warmed over. So I stopped using it for several weeks. My skin returned to normal after a week or so. Then I tried it again, thinking that it couldn't be the Latisse causing the dark purple under my eyes because it doesn't get anywhere near that area. Well, I've been using the product for 2 weeks and guess what - they're baaaaackkkkkkk. I'd like to have fuller eyelashes, but I can't go around looking like a zombie. It sounds like I better quit before the damage is permanent.
Oh Girfriend, we're in the same boat. I stopped using Latisse 6 weeks ago, the darkness under my eyes has faded a bit...but i still look like a WRECK !!! I wish i never started using this product....i would prefer my not so long & luscious lashes to the horrible effects i've been left with. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will eventually disappear . I hope the best for you too !!!!
There was a big article in our local paper earlier this week about Latisse. It sounded too good to be true. I called my Opthalmologist earlier today to see what he thought about the product. He was less than enthusastic. He told me some people develop dark circles under their eyes as well as a darkening along the lash line where the Latisse is applied. In some cases, it may be permanent. This product was originally developed for people with glaucoma. My doctor said that with his patients who have glaucoma and use Latisse for the problem a lot of them complain about burning and sore eyes. I am keeping my $120 and buying a good mascara. If Latisse works for some people, great...I am not taking the chance. I hope your dark cicles get better.