Love It - Minneapolis, MN

I was nervous about this decision based on some of...

I was nervous about this decision based on some of the reviews, but I had a fantastic surgeon and am so pleased with the result. I had this surgery 4 weeks ago. This was one of the best decisions I ever made, which I did to correct a receding chin affected by orthodontics. There are some horror stories out there but if you do a lot of research, are careful to go to a surgeon who specializes in facial surgery and has a lot of experience, you should have a great outcome. My recovery was fairly easy, my swelling went down within a week and so did the bruising. This is the type of surgery that can make a huge difference without looking to others like you had obvious surgery. I have had no cons in my experience to discuss.

Welcome to RealSelf, Sheila. How is your recovery going so far? Are you completely healed now?

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Szachowicz has a ton of experience with facial plastic surgery, he has written books about it and taught at the University of Minnesota, and besides being a skilled surgeon he knows about the esthetics of the face. It is important when it comes to your face to work with someone who has a sense of esthetics, beyond being a good surgeon, and can give you the right advice about what will look the best. I don't think he would perform this or any surgery unless it is the right thing for you. He also did a rhinoplasty revision on me which was excellent. He is easy to talk to as well as he is a nice person who seems to care about his patients.