Top-notch Surgeon! - Glenview, IL

I am a healthy, in-shape mother of twins. ...

I am a healthy, in-shape mother of twins.  But no matter how much I worked out, I couldn't get rid of the tummy that I had as a result of my twin pregnancy. Dr. Casas performed an abdominoplasty on me in October, 2006.  She and her PA conducted thorough pre-operative teaching and I went into the surgery with a solid understanding of what the post-op recovery period would entail.  Dr. Casas is a true perfectionist (this is what we want in an aesthetic surgeon, right?).  She demands a lot of herself and her staff and also has high expectations  of her patients.  She insists that patients carefully follow her instructions -- in terms of  pre-op activity and nutrition, post-op care and follow-up, and as related to nutrition (vitamins as well as diet).  I followed her instructions exactly and I have to say that I am THRILLED with the results of my tummy tuck!  My stomach is flat and my scar is barely visible (which is an added bonus because before my surgery, I had an ugly c-section scar that I couldn't stand to look at!).  I can wear clothes now that I couldn't have worn before.  It's really a great feeling!

My biggest piece of advice is to EXACTLY follow Dr. Casas' instructions. As I said in my comments above, Dr. Casas expects a lot of her patients. There are many vitamins to take, some dietary guidelines to follow, and very detailed dressing change directions. Dr. Casas is strict about these instructions for a reason: following them absolutely maximizes results! Why spend the money to have a procedure done and then not do your part to make sure you get the best possible results?

Could you explain some of her pre and post op nutrition etc ?

It sounds like her strict approach worked for you! Thank you for sharing your story here on RealSelf. A mini tummy tuck is a great alternative to a full TT for many women. What was your recovery like?

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I was impressed with Dr. Casas the day I saw her for an initial consultation. She spent a lot of time doing both an exam/evaluation as well as answering questions in the calm environment of her personal office. Although Dr. Casas is very busy, she never made me feel like she was rushed or didn't have time for me. What absolutely blew me away about Dr. Casas was the fact that she encouraged me to send any questions I might have to her personal email address. She personally responded to each of them quickly -- always within 24 hours, but usually within 2-3 hours!! That kind of responsiveness is rare and really meant so much to me at a time when I was nervous that I was doing or would do something wrong after my surgery. Dr. Casas' office staff are also top-notch! Jenny Day, Dr. Casas' office manager, is truly one of the kindest people I have ever met. She, too, spends as much time with patients as they need. Although not a nurse, Jenny is very knowledgeable about every aspect of Dr. Casas' practice. She is very helpful when it comes to answering questions and also connects patients with a nurse or PA when appropriate. She is very detailed in her explanations of procedure costs and is a wonderful all-around resource. Since the time of my surgery, I have also had several Botox treatments as well as photo rejuvenation. I've been thrilled with the natural-looking results of these procedures as well! You absolutely cannot go wrong by choosing Dr. Casas!!