Mini Face Lift (W/video)

I'm a 40 yr old male, who has recently undergone a...

I'm a 40 yr old male, who has recently undergone a upper and lower mini face lift, to restore my youthful appearence.

The pros were, the price for a mini lift is cheap, when compared to a full face lift.

Also, I was wide awake for the entire procedure. There was no pain, during or post procedure, apart from and mild headache for a few days. I was able to go in public just 2 hrs after surgery and no one really noticed that I just had a mini face lift. I had skin flesh Steri-Strip to hide the stitches.

The cons are: The mini face lift may not give you the full results that you are looking for, when wanting to restore your looks. Yet, it will give you a nice improvement. So, you may want to opt for a full face lift, depending on your age and target goal.

I also had what is called a Delta mini face lift, which is more of an uppper mini face lift that is performed along the sides of the upper hairline and down the temples of the side of the face, just butt up against the hairline.

My first upper mini delta lift, did not turn out very well. The scar started to pull apart, on both sides or my face. So, about two months post operative, I had to have a upper mini delta lift revision, where the skin was loosened further out and pulled back together in a much more secure fashion.

The revision was a success, but I will need to have some laser resurfacing over the scar to rid all signs. Yet, over all, it turned out to be a success story. I'm thrilled I had my upper and lower mini face lift, even if I needed the revision.

When you opt to have cosmetic surgery, realize that you may need to have a revision or have the Dr tweak his work, because something simple can go wrong and will need to be redone.

So, prepare yourself and ask your Dr how he handles revisions. What are the cost of a revision or is a revision free.

By the way, My Plastic Surgeon is Board Certified.

Roanoke Plastic Surgeon

My Dr is Board Certified. He is able to perform with great skill and knows how to revise, if something were to go wrong. He is very understanding of his patients goals and cares. He wants to make them satisfied.

What a "Mini-Lift" means varies a lot. When I had the procedure with Dr Briener about 4 years ago he mostly just removed extra skin. That's why his cost was so low. And also why it didn't last long. It was fine at the time, but now I'm going to have a more expensive and extensive mini-lift. I'll let you know how it goes...
Thank you for posting your journey to looking more like yourself again. I especially thank you for the advice on procedures. I had a neck, lower face lift and minimal brow lift. I am going back to get some tweaking done and an ear lobe reduction. Keep us informed on your progress and other procedures you know will help us in our journey to become self again.
I looked at your befor pic and thought- this guy is crazy, he doesn't need anything! but then I looked at your after and thought- wow! now he looks like a model!! nice work!! really natural!
You look like you are in your 20's, success!
You looked very good in your before picture. Then, the surgery took at least 10 years off your appearance. Glad you had such a good result.

I notice it's been almost 4 years since your surgery. How has the lift held up over time? Thanks for sharing with us!
hi hans i am in north carolina and i am considering seeing dr.briener. why does he charge such low rates? and why didnt you like the mini lift? what is a delta lift? thanks eddis
Hans, I'm in Roanoke and have been seen by Dr. Silberlatt for botox, restylane, and thermage. Recently, I have been considering a mini neck lift and also other surgeons.
So, my question is, why did you choose Dr. Briener? Have you consulted with other cosmetic surgeons?
As for your "revision", why did you have to pay for the revision when it appeared to be the physician's error? At least that's the way it's perceived. If the scar pulled apart ( the skin was pulled too tight), it should have been included in the original cost. Thanks for your time and reply!
Hi There,

Dr Silberlatt, I have heard, is a good Dr as far as his skills go. I have heard his bed side manor is not that great. Dr Briener did not charge me for a revision, but during the free revision, I opted to pay for a neck lift. I'm not pleased with my mini lift via DR Briener. Yet, he has had many successful outcomes, which I very aware of. DR Wray, She is a very good plastic surgeon in the Roanoke area. My mom, personally has had face lift, neck lift, eyes done, laser and Botox and tummy tuck, My mom is in her 60's and her outcome is awesome. I would opt out and not undergo thermage at all..It can zap the underlining fat cells and explode them and you will end up looking extremely bad and as time passes, you can look worse...If you are interested in laser for tightening the skin goes with Erbuim laser.You will get the safest positive results...I hope this helps..Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hans
Hi Hans, I'm a 52 yo male with mild jowling I'm considering a lower mini lift, what concerns me are the scars. Were your scars around your ears and did you have any ear pain after your procedure? Did the scars close nicely?
Hans, I love your Youtube videos too, you helped me so much after I got my CO2 resurfacing :) Now I want a mini lift too. Thanks for sharing, you look AMAZING
I think you looked great before the surgery and it made little difference, frankly. I supposed it depends on how much you want to spend for that improvement.
You're great, that was awesome!!! For that price, I think I'm gonna get one done too.
You're great! that was awesome!!!!
Can anyone tell me how their lift has withstood over the years? I am not getting a straight answer on this from the consultations I have went on.
Hello, My minilift somewhat pulled apart, which I had to have a revision and lasered. Yet, there are good minilifts that are done very well. I had some problems with my mini lift. Hope this helps. Hans
Generally last up to ten years. Everyone ages differently. Aging continues and within five years you will begin to see changes.

Your age the type of skin you have and your habits all play a part.

A tune up maybe needed after five years but only minor.

Most important make damm sure you have a good doctor with ehics and not looking to fill his bank account. Check out everything about him, not just his certifcications and don't be intimidatd to ask him if he or she has ever ben sued and why. Then still investigate as much as you can.

It's your face don't take it for granted. Get at least consultations from different surgeons. Way to masny Doc's will suggest you have more done than you really need. it's not about what you need it far to often is just about money.

I've been there, thought I did my home work, I did just not enough. Learnig the hard way is very expensive and motionally draining.
I had a mini face lift with Dr Briener three years ago and just now I want another one. That is the trade off. It is inexpensive and fast to have the mini, but it doesn't last like a full facelift does. I think I'm going to do it again though.
Hi, i had a maxi lift in the uk, and i have 2 massive scars in front of my ears and a lump on rhe back of one of my ears.I paid £4000 for it and i dont think i really look that different, i went back to them to ask them to look at my scaring and i was told it was just the way my body healed and that i have keloid scarring, they said they would do it again but charge me £1200 for the anethethetist to see if they could make it look better. I only went to have fillers around my mouth as i didnt like my lines, and ended up having a maxi lift as advised!l rteally paranoid abount the scaring as people have noticed it and my boss asked me the about my lump behind the ear, does anyone know if i can have this corrected on the nhs as i feel worse than i did before. Karen UK
Hi Hans, You can click on columbiatrl's screenname and then click the "Contact" link. This will send a private message. Cheers, --Sharon
I have a few pics, I took of myself, when I got home to share with you. I did not want to add these onto this site, until I have a all the pics, to show what I looked like, before, during and after. Is there anyway, I could reach you, to share my photos, at this time? Hans
Hans, I love the results you had. you look great, and natural even! I am turning forty this year and although i am often guessed at 27 or 28 I can see the lines and such creeping in. i am considering having the mini lift.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I would definitely love to see pictures when you get them--your doctor seems to do a very good job (judging by your other photos/videos). I'm in NY but would definitely consider making the trip out to see Dr. B. Are the incisions for the mini face lift behind your ears? in front of your ears? under your chin? anywhere at all where they would be noticeable within 2-3 days of the procedure? Tell the office if they hurry up with the photos, they're sure to receive another patient very soon! :)
Hi Hans, thank you so much for sharing your story in such detail. I'm considering a lower mini facelift and would like to know more information regarding your experience with that (the above account seems to be more about your delta/upper mini lifts). Could you please explain a little more details about your lower lift (e.g. any scarring? where the incisions were made, and stitches?, how long before you could be seen in public without anyone knowing, etc.). I'd appreciate any information you could offer. Also, please feel free to contact me personally should you feel more comfortable that way. Thank you so much! Oh, also, how much did it cost? And did you have it performed by the same Dr. that did your revision delta lift? Thank you!
Hello, I recently, only 3 weeks ago, had a lower mini face lift with the emphasis on a neck lift procedure. I have plenty of pictures to share. I was waiting for my Surgeon's office to send the photos, because I wanted to share them with this site, but they have not got around to it. The mini face lift is a great procedure, but make sure you have the mini lift with the emphasis on the leck lift at the same time. This is somewhat standard, but you will need to ask. It does so much better, than just a mini lift alone and the cost should be the same. I had this procedure with my same surgeon, who performed the upper delta lift. You will be able to go out in public, the same day and go to work on the next day. It is a very simple procedure. You do not need to be put to sleep. The cost is $3,800.00 with my Surgeon, who is DR Briener, who is located in Roanoke, VA. He is a good DR and his cost seem to be low compared to other places. I do not have any scarring with this procedure. It looks like it is going to do very well. Where are you located? Any questions, please let me know. Many Thanks, Hans
Hello Hans, Just want to say that I thought you looked great before the surgery. At first I couldn't figure out why you wanted to do this, you look mid-late 20's in original photo...and was surprised when you said you were 40!!! I saw little sagging, and now you look like a teen! I too am wanting to have this procedure. Researching the 1-2 stitch as well.