Glycolic Peels Not for Sissies! - Indiana, IN

I had a peel at my dermatologist's ofc...

I had a peel at my dermatologist's ofc approximately 9 months ago. It was FANTASTIC. She went with a light (20%) one the first time, and I tolerated it really well. She said she would up the strength for subsequent visits. At $300 a pop, I put off the next visit... And the next. However, I really was pleased with the results.

Fast forward to this evening. I purchased a 50% solution and used it approximately an hour ago. I'm blotchy and a little irritated, but I can see the effects already, albeit the first, ugly effects. Mainly, I noticed that some small blemishes that were beneath the sling bubbled right up to the surface and sat there like tiny pustules. It was a bit disconcerting to view this on my own face. And, against recommendations online, I did not purchase the neutralizer and wish I had.

In any event, I feel some slight irritability on my cheeks, but everything else feels relatively normal. I'm anxious to see tomorrow's results.

A little about my situation: I am 41. I have had really clear skin all my life. Took advantage of it and baked in the sun for years and years. Now that I'm older, the pores on my nose are gargantuan, and my skin does not slough off dead layers as it should, so I'm constantly trying to exfoliate, but it's never enough. I tried an Alpha hydroxy serum several years ago. The bottle lasted approximately 3 months. My skin has never been better. When it ran out, I had no luck in replacing it --it had been discontinued. Then last year, I had the peel. So! I'm looking for a longer term solution that I can maintain from home. I'm hoping this is it! I've slathered my face with a high quality moisturizer and am drinking lots of water. Here's to beautiful skin to help me fight this Terri le process of aging! :)

Daggone auto correct. *skin, not sling and...

Daggone auto correct. *skin, not sling and *terrible, notTerri le.
Lifetime Skincare Systems

Recommendations from friends

I have done a peel at home also, it says in the instructions to make your own neutralising solution by combining a cup of warm/tepid water and a tbspn of bicarbonate of soda and mixing it in a small bowl. When you want to take of the the peel just wipe the face with this solution using cotton wool.

Pls help, I do try many drugs since year 4 months now but red n dark marks still on my legs , I do shave my legs since 10 years then there is an old dark marks + new red marks,, My last doctors advised me to do liezer then u did , no hair anymore , no under skin hair.@, But the marks still there n I really don't like it + I feel more upset. Thank u *****************.com

How is the skin feeling after the first 24 hours??

Really good, actually! I'm peeling a bit around my nose, and I have one little spot on my cheek that peeled more than the rest of my face, so it's red. The rest of my face looks normal, though. I'm waiting for a few days for the peeling to take place and show the good stuff underneath!

Would it be a bad idea to do this peel right before an event where you would need to show your skin? How long should I give it to heal? And where did you purchase it?

It takes about 2 days at most cases for your skin to peel. I would not advice it to do it right before the event, especially the first time because you need to see how your skin would react to the peel. If you would like your skin to have a healthy glow for the event, I would advice to do the peel two weeks before the event. Hope that helps.
Do it one week or more prior to the event. It is still brightened from the peel and yet healed.