New to Invisalign and Didn't Expect So Much PAIN! - Milwaukee, WI

I an on day three of my first trays. The initial...

I an on day three of my first trays. The initial pain was almost unbearable and I honestly did not expect it. I have 16 more trays to go and I have a bottle of extra strength tylenol on hand which has helped. Today is day three for me and I am in much less pain, there was a lot of pain the first two days when I removed the aligners to eat. I COULD BARELY EAT! Today that pain was almost non existent. I am definitely dreading the pain of each new aligner I get. I am drinking nothing but water with my aligners in but I am tempted to get some straws so that I can drink juice with them in; however, I am so paranoid about getting cavities that I just might not. I also get my attachments on this week, 2 top, 4 bottom. I was never told that they are sharp or may cause irritation!!

My first day, I was in deep regret, but I wont turn back, I think about the outcome I want and will have to suffer through it! (Also, after my treatment is done, I will have a gingivectomy for my gummy smile)

Hi, can you tell me which clinic you went to in milwaukee? i live in waukesha, wi and $3000 seems pretty reasonable price. thanks again
When you get your attachments on, Ill bet you find you end up more comfortable with your aligners on than off.. I do - Weird. (Ps- dont drink anything other than water - its not worth it.)
thanks, i wont risk it I just noticed that i have bitten my jaw, i have two very very small cuts near my two rear teeth on the lower left :(

Awe, sorry to hear the start of your treatment was a bit on the rough side. :-/ Have you had your attachments put on yet, or is that appt later in the week?

Keep in mind most people say the first week or two are the worst. If you can push through this, you should be good to go for the rest of treatment!

Thanks. I get them on next week. My teeth feel absolutely fine today which feels a little weird, I guess because I still expect pain :). I'll be better prepared for the rest of the treatment. I am glad I found this site!

I'm glad you found us too, and especially glad that you are adding your story so others can learn from your experience as well. :)

Make sure to let us know how you are doing after you get your attachments on, k? :)

i sure will. thanks!