Finally Did It! - Milwaukee, WI

I am a 47 y/o male who's worked out for years and...

I am a 47 y/o male who's worked out for years and am in very good shape. My achilles heel for many years was the fact that I smoked. My workouts were an overcompensation. When I finally did kick the habit or good I found that all those years of smoking had left me with a redistribution of fat around my midsection that no amount of dieting or ab work with get rid of. My only option was surgery.
I owned up to my own vanity and made the decision that in 2012 I was getting the body I'd always wanted. I wanted to see the stomach muscles I knew were under that layer of smoker's fat. I was very proud of kicking the habit but I felt that the fat roll was my lifelong punishment. I wanted it GONE!

As I did my research, Dr. Dembny's name came up several times so I figured it was Karma. I sent him an email on a Sunday and I got a response that day. I called that week and made the appointment. I was greeted immediately and was treated respectfully. His office and staff were great to work with and easy to get to. The procedure itself, not an issue. Went flawlessly. The garment you wear afterwards to reduce swelling was the worst part for me. I hated that thing with a passion that knows no bounds. It was uncomfortable and difficult to maneuver in and out of. However, I did understand the need and that pushed me forward. Note to anyone who does not like confining clothes: You will not like this part at all! As a man, it was worse. It was like wearing a pair of briefs that were 2 sizes too small. In the end, It was all worth it. Even today, 5 months later, I am amazed. I got what I wanted and couldn't be happier with Dr. Dembny and the results. I don't look at all like I had "Something done". Very natural. Follow ups were easy and I've still got one more to go.

Hey Caymans, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, your review is very informative and helpful. I'm glad everything went well for you and you've started to get good results from your procedure. It's always nice to hear a mans perspective on these procedures, as the majority of the reviews tend to be from women.

Do you have any photos you can upload? Not much point in doing a review without the photos.
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon