Loving them so far! - Milwaukee, WI

Well, it is the night before my breast...

Well, it is the night before my breast augmentation and a million things are running through my mind. I'm not sure how I will ever get to sleep tonight.

I guess I'll start at the beginning. I'm 32 years old, 5'4", 128 lbs, no kids. I had always told myself if I graduated nursing school I would buy myself boobs! LOL So when graduation came I began my research. I did tons of research before I choose my doctor. I looked at pictures on different websites, talked with women who have done it, and talked with my fiance to figure out if I was ready. Also, I had begun the process of trying on wedding dresses for my wedding in 2014 and I kept thinking how great all of these dresses would look if I had boobs!! After all that I went with Dr. Sonderman of Greater Milwaukee Plastic Surgeons. He had the best pictures and reviews by far of any doctor in the area. My initial consultation was on August 23, 2013. I loved him! He was caring and spent time answering all of my questions and explaining the procedure. He told me the difference between all of the different types of implants and the benefits and pitfalls of each. Then the sizing came. What a shock. Going my whole life with an A cup anything bigger was so overwhelming at first! We started with 450 cc in both and it seemed really big on me. So Dr. S took them down to 350. Which at the time I decided was more modest. I left the office feeling great about my choice in doctor but still confused about the size. I decided to make a follow up appointment to try on sizers again. This time I was much more comfortable. I had consulted with some girlfriends and went in with the mindset 'yes, they are going to look big because you've had small boobs your whole life!' I finally selected 375 cc's in my right and 400 in my left. I'll post some photos so you can see the difference in my boobs prior to surgery.

So tomorrow is the big day and I have everything I need to relax and take it easy all week. I'll be sure and post photos and updates. This site has been an amazing resource and I hope my post will help other women as they have helped me along this journey. See ya tomorrow!!

Surgery Day Post Op 9 hours!

I had my surgery this morning!!! I arrived at the hospital around 5:30 AM. I have to give huge shout out to the staff at Elmbrook Memorial Hospital. They made me feel so comfortable and at ease. I was taken to a private room where my nurse started an IV and took a urine sample for a pregnancy test which is routine before surgery. About a 1/2 hour later they rolled me into the holding room where Dr. S came in and made some markings on my chest and the anesthesiologist put a patch behind my ear to help prevent nausea after. I was also given versed (a drug used to produce sleepiness or drowsiness and to relieve anxiety before surgery or certain procedures). After that I said good bye to my Fiance and they rolled me into the OR! The last thing I remember is the oxygen mask being put over my face.

Surgery was about an hour and I was then transferred to the PACU for about an hour and a half to be monitored. My nurse there was really great! She said that my first words were "now I can go try on wedding dresses!" (because I'm getting married next year and wanted to wait to try on dresses til my tatas were done) LOL. While I was in the recovery room my Dr. went and updated my fiance about how everything went. Originally, I had decided on 375cc's in my left and 400cc's in my right. I do have some asymmetry between my breasts and Dr.S decided during surgery to go with 350 in my left and 425 in my right. The pictures of the asymmetry before BA are a little embarrassing so I'm not sure I'll post them. We'll see how they look in about a week. I was taken back into my room with my Fiance about 9:30. I actually felt pretty good. The pain was tolerable, like I had done too many push-ups. We stayed until about 11:30 and by that point I had eaten, drank fluids, and voided which is all of the criteria for being discharged. My nurse pulled my IV and we were done!

We stopped at Walgreens to get my prescriptions, a pain killer and three days of antibiotics as a precaution. Then stopped to grab lunch. I strongly recommend having a pillow with you for the car ride home. It makes everything feel more safe and secure because if you hit a bump wrong be ready for some pain! I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch sleeping and watching movies. Overall, not too bad of a day. I was not put into a support bra, just wrapped really tight with ace bandages. Post op appointment with Dr. S tomorrow and the bandages come off! Can't wait! I'll try and post pics everyday!
Thanks for reading!

post op day 1

So it's the day after surgery and I had my post op appointment with my doctor. He cut the ACE bandages off so I could finally see the results. Right now they are a little high and swollen, but I have to keep telling myself not to worry because it's only day 1!! I'm already wearing my own sports bra because the recovery bra they gave me just seemed a little big and not enough support. I'm still on the regularly scheduled pain meds. Last night the last pill I took was at 11:00 and when I stood up in the morning I felt like I had bowling balls attached to my chest!

On a side note, I have very sensitive skin, I have a reaction even with band-aides. I was very itchy from the time I got home from the hospital. My doctor said it could have been a number of things. The soap they used to wash me after surgery, or sensitivity to the pain meds, or the antibiotics. He said I could take benadryl or shower this evening if it was really bothering me. Another thing that seemed a little unusual is that I feel air bubbles, or trapped air in the pocket with my implants. I sounds like 2 balloons rubbing together. I really freaked me out at first but doctor said it's normal and my body should absorb the air and it will go away naturally in a week or 2.

Overall still extremely thrilled with the results and I can't wait to see the how they change as time goes on.

Post op Day 2

Not much new to report today. Still in recovery mode today. A girlfriend of mine surprised me with a box of chocolates and a congratulatory card. It was so sweet! I was feeling pretty good so we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I'm trying not to push myself too hard but I'm not used to laying around and relaxing for this long! I think walking will be a good way to stay active while recovering. My boobs are still high and swollen, especially my nipples! Has anyone else had nipples that were swollen and hot, and how long that lasted? I did try on an old bikini top today just for fun! Too small now but I love the feeling I get when I look at my new full breasts! I'll update again when I see them change a little more. :)

Post op day 4 (Feeling the blues)

I've been feeling a little down lately. I keep telling myself it's only DAY 4 of my recovery but my chest still feels extremely tight. I've been icing more today because I don't think I iced enough the 2nd or 3rd day. I'm still having a weird tingling feeling in my nipples. Everything just seems so high, tight and swollen. I've noticed more bruising around my incisions too. Anyone have a similar experience? On a bit more personal note, my body decided to bless me with my monthly gift on day 3 post op so I'm dealing with that pain as well as trying to recover from surgery. I feel like a Debbie downer right now. Looking for some words of encouragement. Thanks!

Feeling Good!

Hello! Well, after a hard day yesterday today is a welcome relief! I am off all pain meds and feeling pretty good. There is still a feeling of pressure or tightness in my chest but other than that I am feeling pretty good. I drove today for the first time. It just feels like I did too many push-ups. My breast are starting to drop and the swelling is finally going down. I spent most of yesterday icing and resting. I think I may have overdone things at first. A little advice for everyone out there. Even if you are feeling good the first few days.... REST & ICE!

Side note

Post op day 5 measurements: 29" around rib cage and 36" around breasts
Seeing Dr. Sonderman again on Wednesday 10/2 for 1 week post op. I will be asking him about massaging and ointment for the incision.

Day 6, back to work tomorrow

Feeling pretty good today. I tried to be more active today because I'm heading back to work tomorrow. Even though I'm on light duty I'll be vertical for 8 hours. I'm looking forward to seeing the doctor again Wednesday so I can ask him about massaging to help push these babies down! No meds for 2 days so far, just feeling a tad sore, like I worked out too hard. Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm so glad we are all so supportive of each other!

1 week & 2 days

Hello! I would like to apologize for the not so great pics. They are all selfies with my iphone this time. I am still enjoying my new additions! I had my 1 week post op yesterday and the Dr said that everything was looking really good! I don't have to see him again for 2 1/2 months! I decided to give the gym a try today because Dr. S said I could do anything that didn't involve my arms. I spent 20 mins on the elliptical. It felt great! But I still felt a little top heavy. I feel like I may have gone a little big, but I'm giving my self 2 months before I make any real decisions about my new ladies. Overall not much to report. The skin glue that Dr. S used over my incisions is starting to come off (and it looks kinda weird so I didn't include a picture in this update) and he said next tuesday I could start using mederma or some version of that on the incisions if I wanted. I've been using nivea lotion to keep the rest of my skin soft. I love that stuff! Not much pain anymore and they are slowly starting to feel like they are apart of me. Still pretty stiff but again..... I'm not even to week 2 yet. I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts and experiences! Thank you all for your reviews and comments!!

2 weeks!!

Hi everyone!! I'll be posting pics again soon but I had to ask all of my boobie sisters a question. Did anyone else have skin sensitivity around the 2 week mark?? Honestly it is so frustrating! My chest muscles don't really hurt but the skin on my breasts and my nipples kinda feel like they are sunburned minus the heat or redness. I can't even touch my beautiful new breasts and my fiance is afraid to touch them because he thinks he'll hurt me! My PS said that because I have not had children the skin on my chest has never been stretched, therefor I would have more discomfort than a woman who had had children. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. I have tried lotion, ice, aloe, anything that I thought might help. Thanks!

Quick update

Stopped at Victoria's Secret and found this little number in the clearance bin. Bought it in 2 colors. Skin is still feeling funky but my Dr. reassured me this is normal, and my skin was still stretching. I'm able to sleep on my side with little discomfort. Really loving them, minus the skin stretching pain!

Almost 1 Month and Still in Love!!!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since my surgery. I remember reading countless reviews and becoming very excited and nervous. No matter how many reviews you read, there's no way to predict how your own experience will go. I feel very lucky to have had such a wonderful experience. My new ladies are healing and dropping quite nicely. A girlfriend of mine has already scheduled her surgery with my PS because she thought my results were so amazing!

I went to Victoria's Secret this weekend for fun and was sized. I know it's a bit early still, my PS said to wait at least 3 months for them to fully drop before getting sized. At this time I am a 32DD or 34D! I was going for 34C but I honestly couldn't be happier!! I love them!!

I still can't sleep on my stomach but my side is no problem. My skin is starting to feel better but I still have that burning sunburn-like pain around my nipples. The incisions are healing well and I've been using mederma every day. It still freaks me out a little when I rub the incisions. I massage my ladies around 3 times a day. I got the best validation yesterday when the Fiance rubbed them and said he loved them and they feel so real! I can't wait to see how they continue to heal!! I decided to just bare all and show the ladies in full effect. I appreciated other reviews so much that I felt ok about showing my own. Thanks for all the awesome comments!

10 weeks!

So this is going to be a quick little post. I can't believe it's been 10 weeks! I am still really happy I did this. Still wearing non-underwire bras. I hope my right one drops just a tad more. That one had the bigger implant so I'm sure it will take a little longer. It's hard to tell in this pic. My fiancé tells me they are perfect and he loves them, and what could be better than that! Hope everyone has a great holiday!!
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon