Fraxel Re-Pair Problems! - Milwaukee, WI

I had the Fraxel Re-Pair treatments done a little...

I had the Fraxel Re-Pair treatments done a little over a year and a half ago for my acne scarring. What happened is the doctor only treated the area on my cheeks where the scars where. Now I look at my skin in lighting and can see a distinct line or what looks like a skin elevation difference from where the laser went and my upper cheek. It looks very strange. I don't know if it will ever be the same again. I am hoping a doctor on here would look at it and give me their opinion on what happened and what I can be doing to help. Thanks

jashines, just feel lucky that you didn't get suckered into doing your whole face

can you imagine how it would be if you had done your whole face?

i did and now i'm devastated. as are many other women on the site. good luck with your healing but also remember, be grateful that you didn't do your whole face. it could've been a lot worst.

i would trade your situation with my situation in a heartbeat T.T
Hello... evilfraxel. What happened with your treatment? What types of results are your dealing with now? I had everything but my forehead treated, so my cheeks just don't look right to me. Its been a long time now and I don't think it is every going to look normal again..its depressing.
Yeah I was told that it would eventually fade and even out... yeah it has not done that yet. It may have gotten a little less distinct, but still very much there. I am actually going back soon to see him again and ask him what I can do. I just wish I knew what is causing me to see this elevation difference on my cheeks. I can see where the laser hand piece went and it is just so strange looking in the right lighting..

Yes, I can only imagine your frustration. I'm glad you are going back though, again, to see what can be done. Please keep us updated of how your next visit goes.

Thanks,

-Britt

don't do any more lasers, even if the doctor insists. it's not safe and would probably make your situation worse!

Hi Jas,

Welcome to the Fraxel community. I can't believe your doctor did that to you. I'm so sorry. Did you go back and ask them what happened or at least see if they could fix it? Have you gone to another doctor to see if they could do anything? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt