First 2 Weeks with Clear Correct - Milford, CT

My teeth has one space at the top, which I wanted...

my teeth has one space at the top, which I wanted to correct and the bottom has one tooth that has always been pushed back so I wanted to line it up with the others. I just got my aligners about 2 weeks ago. The first few days were awkward and I had soreness inside my jaws and lines from the aligners inside my jaws because I bite my jaws often. After the first couple of days it went away. Nothing unbearable. They are easy to put in and take out. I use denture cleaners twice a day to keep them clean. I don't think much happens during this first phase, I think the moving will happen in the next phase. I go back the first week of July 2014. I do have a slight lisp but I'm getting use to talking with them in now... insurance didn't cover this so I paid out of pocket, so I hope this works. I'm 35 and dealt with my mouth this way for this long, so traditional braces just aren't an option. I figured why not, I did a lot of research and this seemed to be a good option. Fingers crossed. Hope it works...

The office explained everything clearly. I just didn't anticipate it taking 3 months from the time my impressions were taken to receive the first set of aligners. I was told 4-8 weeks. So I figured on 8 weeks but it took 3 months... Otherwise, it's a friendly, clean office.

Question: I just received my phase 0. The seem to go over the gum a great more than the other company. Almost a straight ling across covering a lot of gum as opposed to be cut around the teeth. Is that normal? I'm afraid it going to damage gum line.
I have the same problem so I assume its normal. I do get lines inside my jaws also, which were uncomfortable at first and very sore. So they do go into the gum line and jaws.. I was told that they can be shaved down for a better fit but I didn't bother. I just got use to them. Ask your doc about shaving them down if it's to unbearable. I am getting phase 1 in 2 weeks, I hope the movement starts so that I can say if this was worth it. Also, a heads up my teeth are very sensitive when I chew now. So it makes me eat slower and softer.. , which may not be a bad thing for health but I don't like the feeling.
Thank you vonabee :) I'm not in pain, just worried about the covered gums losing color. I worry about it killing the tissue. I will ask at next appointment. Any idea when you will receive your phase 1?
Hi vonabee, So glad to hear you’ve started treatment! Please do keep us posted on how your treatment progresses. I would like to look into your case for you, as a 3 month turnaround time is not normal. I wasn’t able to locate a patient in our system based on your username and location, however. If you would like to send me a private message with your name and your doctor’s name, I’d be more than happy to look into your case for you.
Huh!  We had someone write a review from California also complaining about it taking three months.  I really don't think that is usual.  But I'm glad you finally got your trays and have started the process!  Thank you for sharing with us, and I look forward to following your progress :D.

Have you met any of our other Clear Correct community members?  We have some that are active and update us on their progress.  Jrowe8274 is on tray b1 (2 of 16).  jwortham is on tray 4 of 16.  LittleJessica is on tray 10, I think.  Bbop is on tray 5.  Finally, DZappala has been going over a year at this point.  I don't know what tray she's on :D.  Feel free to go and meet them at your leisure! :)