Road to a TT - Midlothian, VA

Just started my road to a TT . My consult was 1...

Just started my road to a TT . My consult was 1 Nov 2013 that was a great exprience; after talking with Dr Zemmel I knew I found my surgeon. The staff was very professional, and kind hearted. They answered all questions and they made me feel so relaxed that as soon as I left the office I had already made a decision on proceeding with a TT. I will continue to post and share my own expirence as I go along. I have my Pre-op 8 Dec 2013. I'm so excited about that I can hardly wait.

before photo

First before picture

New Photos

I thought I would add a seated and a front view of what I will have done in about 5 weeks TT. I'm so ready for this

more before pics

So ready for all that to be gone

Holiday wishes

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow tt. Enjoy your day and be thankful for you

TT Supplies

Hello my tt sister, I'm just finishing up Christmas shopping before my surgery 18 Dec, also picking up so medical supplies and putting my prescription in to be filled. I'm getting so excited not sleeping well hoping that I'm not forgetting anything. Can't wait to join you guys on the flat side.

Date of surgery 18 Dec 13

Hello to my RS family. In 4 days is my big day Wed 18 Dec, I'm a little nervous but very relax. I finished all my Christmas shopping got all the supplies I think I need to recoup after surgery, finishing up loose ends at work. I have 2 days of work next week and then I'll be joining all of you on the flat side.

pineapple tea

I heard that this pineapple tea would be great for swelling. But I like it because it taste great and it's relaxing

flat side

Surgery went fine, got my happy juice next thing I know I woke up in recovery. My hubby has been great. The staff in the hospital was awesome bedside manner was great. Not much pain , just discomfort and a pain pump. Day 1 preop, the ride home was great just sore, been up walking every two hours. No pain or swelling sleepy. Hubby drained tubes went well. Right now I feel good

CG and Drains

Not so nad

day 2 post op

My hubby has been absolutely great, I've not been in any pain, my meds has been taken on time. No pain , up walking around. All in all procedure went well. A little itchy

new CG

New update CG

first shower

Here are a few photos after I've taken off my CG. Still swollen

heading nicely

Scabbing up but healing nicely

Spandx

Good Evening to all my tt friends. Had a great doctors visit, still a little swollen but she gave me the go ahead to wear spandx yeaaaaa. So, I'll wear spandx to work and the CG at night for bed. Still a little uncomfortable to sleep on my sides so I'm trying to rotate back and sides. All in all I feel great

4th work day

Had a very good day at work but by 1:00 pm swell hell took some motrin and it got better. Drinking lots of water and walking more. When 4:00 came left work and home sweet home. My scar prescription came in from my doctor. Standing straight and walking straight. Feeling fine on my couch

5 day work week

Today was a great day at work. I went back to spandx a little swelling but I'm going to face the fact swelling is a part of healing as long as it's not to much. Went out with the family instead of crawling up on the recliner after work. Just a all around great day. I do wake up flat but by 1:00pm swelling starts but new mine set .

2nd week at work

Today went real well very little discomfort. I walked at work for 30 min ate right and lots of water. Each day gets better walking straight spandx feel good, I realize the swelling will go down slowly but surely. The scar looks absolutely great after using the doc pprescription pictures coming soon. I definitely can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My tummy is flat until about noon LOL then the puffiness sets in. I still wear my CG at night after my doctors appt Friday I might be able to loose the CG at night. 4 weeks postop and doing well can't wait to exercise.

new photos

Just a few pics

Working out

Hello my tt friends, man this is the second week of working out it's getting better ran 4 miles in 49 min, did some upper body weight training. I feel fantastic when I'm in the gym I forget about everything. I have some discomfort on my right side so my doctor prescribed some meds to feel better so I'm praying things get better by next week . It sucks to be in discomfort everyday when you haven't had no problems since surgery.

new pics

I'm 6 weeks po still a little discomfort right side just above my bb. I've got more energy but just noticed my incision has slightly separated have to call my doctor in the morning

7 week post op

Hello my tt friends I am 7 weeks post op today. I got through last week, I was totally uncomfortable but things got better this week. I've changed up my wkot eliptical, treadmill, and walking at least 3-4 miles 6 days a week. Still wearing my cg to wkot in but no cg at night. All my preop clothes are a little big in the waist. Unbelievable that I do wake up with a flat tummy and it fairly stays flat throughout the day im still a little swollen but each day gets better.

Exercising

Hello my tt sisters. Im doing well 2mos post op, still some swelling but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Exercising is going well running 4.50 miles every three days, just started with some crunches no pain. Weight is steady, going to sign up with weight watchers to maintain. Trying to break away from the CG but it's my security blanket when I'm chilling and exercising. Still numb right below my bb but this to will pass. Pictures to come.

9 weeks po

Hello my tt sisters. I'm a Dec 2013 baby, I wear spandx during the day. I haven't wore the CG since 18 Jan 2014. I just stop wearing my CG for working out. I wkot 6 days a week . I'm doing well still some swelling but I've learned to deal with it
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Dr Z. listen to what I had to say and explain the difference between body contouring and a TT. Gave a good sound consult, I was so excited to have the TT done even though it's going to be rough at first but the end result will be great. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for a great consult and understandment.