Lip Augmentation - Silikon 1000 - Midlothian, VA

I made the decision earlier this year to get...

I made the decision earlier this year to get permanent lip augmentation with Silikon 100. My decision was based on approximately 40 hours of research over a six year period. Previously I received 3 lip augmentations with Restylane. I liked the results for Restylane but the injections were terribly painful for me and subsequent swelling for 2 days following I found very uncomfortable. My lips, especially my top lip were unevenly scarred on the wet /dry line and I even had a hole in my lip from a horrific injury. Deflated!!! Silikon became my choice of product and Dr. Niamtu became my choice of cosmetic surgeon.

Note: If you decide to see Dr. Niamtu for Silikon I would recommend conferring with him beforehand. Since this going to cause a permanent change to your lips, Dr. Niamtu only uses Silikon 1000 cautiously & strategically if needed. I certainly cannot speak for Dr. Niamtu, so these are just my thoughts.

I am an out of state patient so I got up at 7 am & headed to Dr. Naimtu’s office arriving at 10:30 am. I was greatly warmly & seated in a well decorated, comfortably lobby. The wait wasn’t that long, I was then lead by one of the beautiful. girls to a medical room which was impeccably clean and contained a huge big screen TV! (Man they need one of those at my gyn’s office!).

I was nervous but soon put a greatly at ease!! I believe it was Ginger that I was speaking with about my procedures & what else would she suggest as far as skin care because I asked (and was making nervous conversation) No one tried to sell me anything!! I was actually given a ton of free samples on the way out. Dr. Niamtu zooms in we discuss Silikon, he really looked at my hollow raisin lips & agreed to do 4 units. Dr. Niamtu zooms out, that’s the way he rolls, zooming. He has a perfectionist classic A personality, wonderful sense of humor & heart of gold. I was then prepped with numbing cream that tasted like Pina Colada. YUMM. After that the nurse came in to administer the dental block. It only hurt in one area, the rest was fine. It took about 10 minutes but after that I was numbed up so well I had to cover my mouth with a tissue while talking to the two gals out of fear I would start drooling. The girls stayed in the room with me chatting away & putting me at ease. In zooms Dr. Niamtu, we discuss a few units of Botox which he proceeds to expertly quickly inject with the needle while also using this neat tool called a Vibration Anesthia Device. What it really does is just vibrate real quickly while the injection is being made so it distracts your brain…kind of funny actually but it did work! On to the main reason I was there, Silikon. After administering the 4 units we talked about Dr. Niamtu smoothed across my lips with his fingers & handed me the mirror (looked good!) He said he wanted me to see at least a little something so asked if it was in my budget to place a little more, I agreed…. We added more to my top lip. Afterwards we discussed my future choice of procedures either Co2 or neck/facelift. I was given a bag of ice, checked out & was on my way home.

I had a cooler in my car with ice so I did that on & off then entire way back to NC. Stopped at Whole Foods in Richmond for lunch and shopping. I was still sooo numb I had to break up my pizza into tiny pieces & shove it into the back of my mouth…it took about 1.5 hours for it wear off be warned!! I was hungry!!!

I was still a little tiny bit swollen days 1 thru 2 but had no bruising and no pain at all. So totally different then my reaction to Resty!! Day 3 they are starting to deflate a little but still look great! That is the thing with Silikon; no one knows how your body will react to the first round. Your lips will go down then hopefully fluff back up once the micro droplets are surrounded by collagen. I am keeping my fingers cross!! XOXO KAT
Babyyyyyyyy I love you and your result. Thank you for showing the picsbcuz I was really dieing to see it. You look AMAZING. Oh babyyyyy
Thank you so much ZiZi!!! Luuuvvvv you too Sweetie!! Next stop, neck lift!! See you there roomie!!! XOXOXO

Deflated but now..

I am a little over 2 weeks from my first round of Silikon 1000. Approx. 5 days ago they shrank back down to almost the same plus about 10% increase. Ugghhh I thought. My lips were dry no matter how much stuff I put on them and then they peeled!! But today I woke up to a little fluffing. I thought maybe it was water retention but it's now the evening & my lips look lipstick good! They aren't great like they were a few days post op but they do show an increase in volume. I can tell because when I smile (wide) I actually see my top lip instead of not having any!! Hopefully over the next few weeks they will keep fluffing, even just a little! I will update at 4 weeks. XOXO KAT
I'm researching Silikon 1000. Are you still happy with your results? Have they changed anymore? Thx.
HI Beautygrrrl! They look great! No problems & they have retained the original fluff. I do believe I will be going for one more round but am not in a rush because round 1 was such a nice improvement!! I'm still looking in the mirror!! :) Let us know if you decide to go for it! XOXO KAT
My love:-] I do too have days when I want to avoid the church bcuz my lips looks more fired for a club but some days my lips look flat. But at least we look natural :-]
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon