Don't recommend

Every scar on my body can tell a long and sad...

Every scar on my body can tell a long and sad story. And you might think that I was fighting in Afghanistan. No I own my scars as "gifts" from when I was a child. With all those scars I've never felt ugly. I just got old. I'm 43. I worked so hard and that was showing in my expressions. Little by little lines were intersecting along my face creating scary , unattractive face, unrecognizable to me. I used a lot of make-up to cover imperfections but I do actually look older with all that powder on. I don't even remember when I transition from that cute face to this bitchy expresions. I'm asked by family just everyday "what it is wrong?" what? I'm soooo ok. No, you look upset, mom. How can I convince my son that my face expression has nothing to do with how I feel? So I decided is time to change this face. I went online . I love and trust the doctors that have reviews here on Real Self. Still when I came across Dr Niamtu picture, I said that's him, my surgeon!!!!!! I started to read his blogs, watched all his videos and ..... I was sold. The next day I locked my surgery day . I spoke with Ginger. She's an angel. I could not believe how easy is to communicate to her. I think most doctors don't realize how much business they loose hiring the wrong personal. Dr Niamtu got an army of sweet, beautiful, experienced girls. Pam, Alicia, Rachael, all of them. They make feel cared . If you'll ever have the privilege to be operate by Dr Niamtu you'll know that everything I'm writing is not enough comparing with the amount of love, care , and attention you'll receive while you're in his care. I don't have to repeat how experienced he is. The 7000 pictures on his website can speak not only volume but quality. We all are different, we all will heal different and we all will have different, so keep that in mind. My doctor and I decided that I should benefit most from a browlift in conjunction with a blepharoplasty. Then I opted for a lip lift, lower lid lasered and ear lobe repaired. The day of surgery I met the anesthesiologist, I hope I would remember his name, a sweet gentleman. We didn't fly imidiately to the moon. We talk, we laugh, and then .... I don't remember. I do remember they woke me up and I was thinking to cooperate with them in order to let me go. I felt just tired. Katy, my care giver..... Oh no she's my friend now. I hate that name care giver.. came and picked me up. We got to the hotel. Beautiful and quiet hotel, just 7 min away. Hampton Inn on 800 Research Rd. Everyone is nice here and the interior soooooo cozy. So back with Katy, I told her that I'm just sleeping but she can go and do whatever she need to do. Shopping, eating, anything. By night I pushed her to go home because I felt so good. Finally she left. I woke-up the next day knowing that I have my po visit and then I plan lunch with Katy just before I leave hack to NY. I will keep you guys updated with how I feel and most ...I'll post pictures.

4th day, back in NY

This is by far the easiest recovery ever. My pics looks soooooo scary but i am feeling AMAZING. So... don't cry for me Argentina lol

5th day

For some reason my update today was erased

5th day

7 day already

I wish I could say I feel better, but I can't cuz all this time , i felt.....wait for it....AWESOME.I am full of energy and if the first few days I pampered myself, today I could died without going outside. After washing my hair, applied little to almost no make-up, I did apply a lot of the cream from the doctor office, with spf 30 to protect my under eyes aria. I loved spending extra moments in front of the mirror today seeing less bruises and hardly avoided to be harsh and judgmental of what I saw..This is really not the time to be hard on yourself. Just say : " I am a beautiful woman. and will always be" Please say it loudly. ..... Doesn't feel better? It does. When you will believe that you are beautiful, so all those around you will, too.

About three weeks ago....

About three weeks ago I drove 8 hours to Virginia to met Dr Niamtu anxious to get a lip lift , eye lid tucked , and ear lobes repaired. We have decided that I will benefit from a browlift too and than we planed to add a CO2 laser on my lower lids. I left the office with the strong feeling that Dr Niamtu is not one of those doctors that you meet, give him the money, cross your fingers an hope for the best. He's practicing only facial procedures , for over 20 years. His agenda is impressive and the results ....I will let you judge my pics. Watching on YouTube his videos and reading his blog, I could feel his passion for what he does and the love for his family, patients and employees. So on the 20 of august I was driving from NY, and let me tell you that traveling for surgery is confusing especially if you hare not familiar with that area. To Dr Niamtu office you can fly, take the train, driving your car or a rental. If you don"t drive, you can tae a taxi or better hire Katy and arrange with her to pick you up and care for you po. Dr Niamtu office is close to everything . Walking distance to renovated pharmacy and a Diner , and about 7 min drive to few hotels. I myself stayed at Hampton Inn for 4129/night. It worth it every cent. Swimming pool, gym, coffee station, free breakfast, parking, cozy, quiet, ice machine......... love it. The area is full of malls, fast food restaurants, pharmacies and anything you need to make your stay restfulness. Just don"t forget your credit cared at home ). Driving from NY cost me about $80 in tolls and $150 in gas. For my next visit I will prefer to hire Katy so I wont need to deal with driving.
The office of Dr Niamtu is elegantly furnished and the girls that works there are making that place so welcoming. I loved every single girl there but I can tell you that Ginger, the patient coordinator, made my experience unforgettable. She is so experienced, and at some point I was wondering if she can read minds because she knew what I would like even without expressing. I would like you to know that after hearing your original quote for surgery be prepare to spend a lot more for traveling, hotel, food, medication, nurse, anesthesia and anything in between. What made me happy dealing with this office was the fact that every time I sent an email, either to the doctor or to the girls , I got a response immediately. In order to start the trust in your surgeon you must have great communication with him/her. Make sure you both vision the same result. The final result is what matter the most.
Now I would like to enumerate few thinks that I have learned and want to passed to you:

1) please make sure you need a surgery more than you want. Don't do a surgery if you eel vulnerable or sensitive about someone (ex you just ended a relationship/marriage, a girlfriend just ha a surgery and she look better than you do, the surgery will change your life or you believe will help you obtain a better job,) Whatever surgery you aim to get be reasonable in expectations.
2)The more serious surgery it is the more prepare you should be. Invest few hundred dollars to hire a professional nurse to drive you back home and stay with you in case you don't feel good, plus she will bring a handful tips .
3)Make sure you got enough money. Reading reviews here , only few stressed that aspect. I am saying this because i money will be one of your problem while recovering you will want to shorten the recovery time and it will affect you. After finding out what your surgery cost, ask if that include anesthesia. Than add for meals, medications, hotel, airfares, nurse. Don't be unprepared .
4)Make sure your chosen surgeon have experience/board certified and most importantly you have a great communication with him, not only with his staff If he doesn't have time to answer to your questions before surgery what chances are to find him available after? We humans have instincts. Use it. If there is something that doesn't feel right change your surgeon.
5)It will be a good idea to write down the reasons that made you decided to get this surgery. Consult at least 3 surgeons or sent them emails. The one that will point out same concerns and suggest the solution to your problem and coincide with what you thought, that helps you to make a easier decision. Also take lots of pictures and try to document your recovery.
6)Prepare your meals and plan your diet in advance. Avoid salt to eliminate excessive swelling that can promote popping out prematurely stitches that are melting on their own. also eat a lot of protein to avoid loosing a lot of hair after surgery.
7) Be prepared to take 3 weeks to a month off from work (add this time off to your expenses) If anyone is telling you that in 2 weeks after a facelift, full face laser , or extensive tummy-tuck is telling you a lie. I'm 3 weeks po and i am not fully healed. Also take in consideration that everyone heals differently
8)Do not tell to all your FB friends that you will have a surgery. People, for whatever reasons, including jealousy, can come up with 1001 reasons why you should not get this surgery. You might end up more confused than you are already. Choose wisely who you decide to tell to. Not everyone is pro-surgery.
9)Prepare comfortable clothes to wear. Sometimes an extra pillow can make your recovery extra softer .
10)make in advance a list with what you need for the 3 weeks recovery, and never over buy. Not everyone have a large family or sportive friends and all you have is YOU. Don't get discourage, you have enough. You have GOD. You are God preferred child and he will give you the ability to take care of yourself. Keep in touch with women here in RS for moral support Say a prayer and smile.
11)If you travel for your surgery it will be good to leave back home right after surgery or stay there at least 12 days. Right after surgery you will feel pretty good, but rom day 3 to 10th day your look change and worsen.
12) Every doctor will have his/her own recommendation po. Follow that
13) Drink plenty of water/ juice.(i love pineapple juice), avoid salt
14) After surgery , the first month is more important how you eel than how you look. Avoid infection, take your antibiotic .If you feel bad contact your surgeon, if you feel good, relax. Watch a movie, or read. Keep your head elevated above your hearth Apply ointments and ice by your doctor order. Do not pick on incisions.
15) Rest. Do not rush to go out in public to early even you feel good and pretty . Tomorrow you will regret.
16) Don't loo in the mirror every 5 min even if you die to. The recovery is tricky and you will go from I love it to "I hate it" faster than Maserati "0 to 60" Your recovery will seem slooooooower.
17)Less is more . The less you do to speed your recovery the more chances your body get to heal at it peace. There is no miracle pill to heal you faster.
18) Back to work. You secretly are waiting for a compliment or a comment from colleagues/friends regard your new look. Wrong. You can easily get disappointed because people don't react the way you want it. They might have bad time and their minds are not aware of any change. Some people do not even care when others change something. Whatever it is, go on with your life. Be happy and keep being beautiful inside as beautiful you are outside.
19) Not everyone is satisfied with the outcome from a surgery. If you have had a facelift , I suggest you , after recovery, to change your hair color and style, buy some make-up, or go to a department store and let the professionals to do your make-up and teach you how to o it at home. Get inspired by reading fashion magazines, anything to make you feel better about your new loo. DO NOT ISOLATE YOURSELF FROM OTHERS.
20) There are no guaranties. The results, after surgery, are stupidly unpredictable. Even the best surgeon can not predict your exact result , less your satisfaction. We are our worst critics, and even when we look good , we find something to complain about it. Make sure you have realistic expectations. If you paint just a wall of your room, that room will look different not necessarily renovated.
21) Alcohol. Eheheeeeeeh , i heard you girlfriend . I do too love uncle "Johny" and i "Absolute" adore every single shade of that "Grey Goose" but during recovery is not a good idea to consume any alcohol that can interact with any of your medication. I better be sober than sorry.

And a final thought. You don't need anyone to tell you that you are beautiful because deep down on your heart you know that you are GORGEOUS.

The one think i am sure

About Dr Niamtu, and that is his incisions heals like there was never cut the skin. The scar on my forehead is INVISIBLE. I don't know what is his secret but the way he hide the scar into the hairline is unique. On my right side I had a stich pop out prematurely while I was puking but the rest of the incision in impossible to detect. I love my new hairline. Before , I used to have high temple and now that area is covered by hair. My scalp is still numb and from time to time itching terrible. In rest I feel fantastic.

not recommended