Totally Worth It!!! - Middleton, MA

I began invisalign when I was 25. I had always had...

I began invisalign when I was 25. I had always had very crowded teeth, an overbite, and my top teeth were very narrow (kind of "buck" teeth--I hate that term though!) It was something that always bothered me. I couldn't afford braces when younger, and didn't want "adult braces". So I gave invisalign a whirl. I am presently on tray 28 of 30 trays. My teeth are beautiful! I was given the option to wear elastics to try and improve my overbite, but knew I wouldn't keep up with it (the overbite itself doesn't bother me, so it was my decision). I read lots of reviews before deciding to start invisalign, and some of those reviews were scary. Let me clear a few things up based on my experience: -Cavities will happen only if you don't take care of your teeth! I HAVE NOT had a single cavity (ever) and invisalign did not change this because I brushed/flossed before putting the retainer back in. -The attachments they put on your teeth look funny. It took a bit to get used to, but 14 months with attachments was well worth it. -I've eaten with invisalign in (rinsed/brushed as soon as I was able to). And I ALWAYS drink beverages with the retainer in. I know you're not supposed to do these things. Red wine will absolutely stain the retainer (not terribly, but it's noticeable). I drink beer, coffee, juice, anything with the retainer in.

It hasn't negatively impacted my teeth or the process, but it does help me keep the retainer in longer. -Invisalign is not "invisible". When someone is close to you, and you're in good light, it's obvious you're wearing it. But photos, bars, someone more than 4 feet from you, it isn't noticeable at all. -It really doesn't hurt. The first retainer I wore was a bit uncomfortable. I took a tylonal and was fine. Since then, I've never taken pain-killers for new trays. -Your teeth do sometimes feel "loose" after switching trays. This is normal, as your teeth are shifting. Sometimes eating tough food would be uncomfortable the first day or two. -My only problem was some root sensitivity for about two weeks. It went away with the next tray, though. Like anything, there's effort needed to make change. I really think invisalign is great, but I've heard that some orthodontists make it sound like a simple miracle treatment. It's definitely not easy, but not super hard either. See a few different orthodontists and read reviews of their practice before making a decision!

Peabody Orthodontist

As I'm just finishing up invisalign, I'm unable to answer the "after care follow up" section. Since Dr. Bebrin and his staff have been great, I'd imagine this would also receive a high rating. All phone calls were promptly returned. The one email I sent through the website wasn't returned. The staff is wonderful. Dr. Bebrin doesn't spend as much time with you once the invisalign process is started, but that's normal orthodontist/dentist procedure anyway. He always swings by at the end of the visit to check you teeth briefly and is very friendly. He has a few offices, I've been to the Middleton one (great!) and the Peabody one--which is quite cramped.