Ultherapy - Too Soon to Tell

I had lower face Ultherapy yesterday so too soon...

I had lower face Ultherapy yesterday so too soon to see results. However, I wanted to share my experience. My dr's office offered to call in a Rx for a painkiller and anxiety medication or some people take Tylenol and Advil. I'm usually pretty tolerant of pain (and not a fan of drugs) so I decided not to get meds. Ummmmmm, how can I say this....... GET THE MEDS! Yikes, it was painful - and this was the newer model machine that is supposedly not as painful. Can't imagine how it felt with the original model. I hope they make newer models that are less painful by the time I need a touch up ;-)

It really only hurts during the procedure so no residual pain. That's good news because .... did I mention it was painful? Today, I can joke about it but not to talk someone out of the procedure. I just want to strongly recommend taking any pain meds they offer. It may not relieve 100% of the pain but it may help relax. Every muscle in my body was exhausted from my tensing during the entire procedure that I felt I needed a nap!

This morning, I'm still numb in places but not really swollen. I'm surprised I am not bruised since I bruise very easily. If Ultherapy provides the results I expect, I will be thrilled. Geez, we women suffer for our beauty!

5 weeks later

No noticeable changes, numbness is 98% gone. I return to the doctor in February to take my 3 month pictures. I sure hope there are improvements at that point, considering the pain and expense.

A day or two after the procedure, I did notice minor bruising in two places on the jawline and I was swollen. If you did not know me, you may not have noticed so I could go to the store, etc. It took several days for the swelling and bruising to disappear, though.

2.5 months in - NO change! Very disappointed......

I am so disappointed, I have not seen any change in the last 2.5 months. I have a 3 month check in, in two weeks am curious to hear what they say.
I still hold out a little hope but it is waning fast..............

Has anyone else had this experience at 2.5 months and did you finally see any results or none at all?

Totally Disappointed - Save your Money!

At my 3 mths check-in at the dr office, I complained there is no change. You could even see it in the aesthetician's expression, she knew I was right. I was so disappointed. Of course, they take photos like they always do. I suggested we compare the new pics with the original ones and she said she would have to locate the original pics, blahblahblahblah. Then she asked me to schedule another appt at the 6 mth mark, which is next month. I'm going to call the day before and ask her to have the original pictures ready. If she doesn't, I'm walking out while I tell them I'm getting the real work done elsewhere.

I wanted to try the ultherapy before going under the knife with anything permanent. Well, I've changed my tune now. I've contacted the original plastic surgeon I spoke with to see if he could fit me in this month. I'm tired of waiting for results. Unfortunately, they are booked this month but he will be the next doctor I see. No more quackery, I want real results.

6 mo mark - ZERO change! Not worth it, IMO

I met with the aesthetician at the 3 month mark and could read in her face a look that wondered why she wasn't seeing any change - I already knew I hadn't seen a change and told her so. She assured me we'd see some change by 6 mo. Well, I just had that and there is no change. She said, let's compare the pictures we've taken along the way and I'm certain we will see some change. I had to almost harass the office to email me the photos. As I suspected, nada! Now, I have been asking the doctor to call me for weeks and he will not call me. I went to another doctor who told me she would demand a refund or, at least, another procedure. I really do not trust them with another procedure, especially if I 'force' them to give me one. They might scalp me! I will never have Ultherapy again. I'm wondering if the aesthetician did not have as much experience with it or if the technology is just too new that they were too optimistic that it would help me. Maybe I'm too far gone ;-) and need something more permanent, if you know what I mean!
I will update again once (if) I hear from the doctor...........
Richmond Surgical Arts