Worst Decision of my Life - Livonia, MI

Difficulty in breathing. This has been a horrible...

Difficulty in breathing. This has been a horrible traumatic experience which has greatly affected my self esteem. The absolute worst decision of my life.

Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon

I went to Dr. B, despite his absolute lack of personality, because he came highly recommended for septoplasty. Not a day goes by that I don't regret the decision to have surgery with him as I feel he butchered my nose. My breathing is worse then ever and my nose is deformed as a result of his "over-agressive" surgery (as described by other doctors). I was left with a wide, bulbous, uneven nose that now droops on one side. I had one revision in attempt to get it fixed ($10k), but to no avail. This surgeon indicated that he had done several revisions for surgeries performed by Dr. B. I'm now consulting out of state surgeons for a second revision.

I just sent you a private message. If you didn't get it or can't access it for some reason (like you don't have that email address anymore) please reply here and I'll give you my email address, because I'd really like to talk to you (as I've had a horrible result from Dr. B's surgery also).
Canceling appointment with Dr. Baker after reading this review. Thank you for posting.
Hey Detroit1694, I am happy you are atleast better off than before... To me it is a SHAME when these doctors do bad work on someone (in my case because I was unknowledgable & uninsured), then have those conservative, yet protective words like you used ("over-aggressive")where they will still slightly critique a peer, yet not directly talk about what one of their colleagues did wrong (or slice & diced). In my experience, they often time will lie to you (I have the facts, having been in these appointments, Angie and I w/b to you, also) about symptoms/problems arising which you did not have pre-op, nor will they tell you sometimes, because well honestly- when too much is removed, the ins co will not cover the costs of putting it back, deeming the "cosmetic-card". Surgery is a business and theyu want to be paid, so that WILL factor into the honesty you receive sometimes. Or in other cases the surgeon is just not specifically trained to repair what has been done to your nose, and will just tell you that you are fine, and nothing was wrongly done, all while asking with a tone of amused curiousity or disgust in their voice "Who performed you nasal work?!" Lol, I just think the medical field and it's liability and the quest for honesty within can be excessively ludicrous at times. I mean, really they can just do whatever they want to your face and get away with it (bad or good) getting down to brass & tacks of it.. Glad you are atleast improved though, because everyone should remember the "alterations" they perform are PERMANENT, so be cautious before letting anyone touch your nose or anything else!
lwfm, I'm not clear on who you're directing your comment to, but I'm just now seeing your posts; I rarely come on this site anymore. I'm sorry you had a bad experience yourself. I just recently just had my second revision with an out of state surgeon. Surgery took an hour longer then anticipated because it was such "a mess" (my surgeon's words) when he got inside. He couldn't believe what an "over-agressive" surgery (his words again) Dr. B performed. Thankfully, so far I'm happy with the results. He couldn't get me 100%, but it's soo much better!
Amazing also how certain valid questions or comments go unresponded to or even unpublished in some cases... What a corrupt beauracracy we live in, indeed!

lwfm, I have sent you a personal message regarding this comment.

I am so sorry. I had this experience myself {Edited. Please refrain from slamming doctors with name calling. Negatively-perceived results may definitely be spoken of, but please use facts to back up your statements rather than blanket insults.}