Waiting - Michigan, MI

Age 53. Had sculptra done twice so far. I am eight...

Age 53. Had sculptra done twice so far. I am eight weeks past the first treatment and two weeks past second treatment. Light bruising and swelling both times and looked good for two days each time. First treatment gave me a painful bump at end of nostril. Second treatment has left me with baggy sucks under both eyes. The only change anyone noticed was the new bags under the eyes and they ask if I am tired. Was hoping this would help marionette lines. Am scheduled for third session in five weeks from today. Have spent $2800 and the next session will be $1400 If I have not seen any change by the third appointment which would be eighteen weeks after the first treatment should I get the third treatment? When, if ever, will I get good results?

Not a lot of sit down with dr. Nurse preps and dr pops in does shots and checks out. Nurse did not massage but told me to

I think I would get a second opinion here.. Just the thought you have bags under the eyes now would make me not want to go forward with this. I would not want to go back to the Dr. before I had someone else look at this. Remember with Sculptra there is no LONG TERM data on how injecting this amount of material in the large amounts of people receiving Sculptra will ultimately be. Just a thought. I am aware of the early studies on AIDS patients--but we have to wait and see what will happen in larger populations now. Beware.

I can definitely understand why you would be hesitant to go forward with the third treatment if you don't really see results. Here are a couple Q&As that can help you know what is the expected time to see changes:

When Should I Start Seeing Results from Sculptra?

How Long Does Sculptra Take to Work?

Let us know if you start to notice changes, and whether or not you opt for the third treatment.