No Results for Acne Scars; BIG Waste of $$ - Northern Michigan

I have quite deep acne scarring on my face, and...

I have quite deep acne scarring on my face, and especially my cheeks. I went to a dermatologist who told me she couldn't do anything for me in her office, but suggested I find a doctor who specializes in the profractional laser as she had heard many great things about it. I found a cosmetic surgeon who had glowing reviews, and made my appointment. She told me I would see a "big, big difference in my skin with 3 treatments." A series of 3 treatments was $2500 and spaced 4-6 weeks apart.

I came in for my first treatment 10 days after my initial consultation. The pain was very, very intense but I managed. I noticed no improvement by the time I came back for my second treatment and she assured me that was totally normal as results are progressive (optimal results after 2-3 months).

I came back in for a second consultation 4 months after my 3rd treatment had completed because there was zero improvement. She stated if I went through another series of 3 treatments (at $2500 again) that I would "see dramatic results with 6 treatments". When I came in for my 6th and final treatment she said she was shocked there were no results. I informed her I would not be getting anymore done.

Almost 2 years later, there has been no change to my scars after 6 treatments. $5000 down the drain and 5-7 days of downtime after each treatment = huge waste of time and money. PLEASE think twice before getting this procedure done!

Hi Curly,

Arg, not cool at all. I'm sorry after so many treatments it didn't work for you. You might want to check out the doctors answers in our Q&A about how effective ProFractional laser is. I understand the community member who asked is India and a man, but the doctors answers still might help you. Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the review. Happy week!

-Britt