Implant Denture - Michigan, MI

I have always had poor teeth and a bad bite. At 54...

I have always had poor teeth and a bad bite. At 54 yrs. old I now have gum disease and have to have all my upper teeth pulled. Shocking! The few remaining bottom teeth are crooked, have spaces and are too weak for braces and will need periodontal treatment. I decided to have a full upper denture and a full lower implant denture because I don't want to go through life worring about the few remaining bottom teeth and go through lots of gum disease treatment and more costs and pain, etc. The dentist told me to wear lower partials, upper dentures and never mentioned the bad bite. So, I got another opinion from a specialist. He told the implant denture and bone grafts will give me a lasting beautiful smile, and a good bite. The cost is high, but I'm ready and deserve it.

I went to a regular dentist who talked about dentures and partials but he never gave me options to fix my bad bite and make sure my teeth are functioning properly. I left his office and I did a lot of internet research and got a second opinion from a specialist who will give me functional, beautiful, long-lasting teeth.

Updated on 6 Nov 2012: