Juvederm Migrated from my Lip to Above my Lip. - Michigan

I had a very small amount of Juvederm injected in...

I had a very small amount of Juvederm injected in my upper lip, in October 2009. It's APRIL 2012 and it is long gone from my lips (thank goodness, i looked like a duck!), but, has moved above my lip. Awesome. It will NOT go away. I don't understand why it has not dissolved and am getting worried. If anyone knows how to get rid of it, or how much longer I will have to wait, it would be greatly appreciated! I've heard of something that can be injected in the lips to dissolve, but am not sure if that can also be used ABOVE the lips? Never again man. Never again.

The nurse who did this had no idea what I was talking about and unfortunately offered no help. I was not blaming her, only wanted answers and to know if this had happened to anyone else so I could fix it. She was very defensive and tried to dismiss me very quickly. Not okay.

I have had the same horrible experience. Three years ago, a dermatologist injected Juvederm into my upper lip lines. The area above the lip swelled up and it looked really weird. I went back to the doctor one week later and received the same reaction that you did from the nurse. During the first six months, the swelling decreased a little. Now three years later, the area is still swollen. I went back to the doctor recently and again she was no help. She only said it can't be Juvederm. Two other doctors are unsure what it is and whether it will ever go away. Any change for you in the last year?
Thank you so much for your response, I can't believe it either...I will keep you posted!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it is still in your body after 3 years!!! I am so sorry to hear you are having to experience this :(

I think the stuff to dissolve it is Hyaluronidase.

Here are some Q&A's that might be helpful for you as well:

Widase or Vitrase for Juvederm Corrections

Can Hyaluronidase Injections Dissolve Juvederm Several Months Later?

How Long Should I Wait to Correct Bad Juvederm Results?

Please let us know what you decide to do & what changes you see.