To Be or Not to Be a Gastric Bypass Patient - Miami, FL

Hello, I had gastric bypass surgery on Sept. 28,...

Hello, I had gastric bypass surgery on Sept. 28, 2008. I weight 235lbs and I was 5'1" my BMI was 44.4. I was the biggest that I ever weighted. There are the goods and the bad with my surgery.

The goods are I am skinny I lost 110 lbs in 9 months (I cheated the system). I can still eat chocolates, candy, sweets without the dumping. I though myself to hold the sugar without dumping. I did a little at a time. It was hard at first but I wanted to be skinny and normal again. I also am not learning how to drink again as well. I still only eat like a 5 year old but I can have everything (except of milk products). The pain was easy to manage and I healed very well.

The bad is sometimes being light headed because I am too skinny. I had to gain some weight from 112 to 120 - 125 lbs. From the weight lost I now wear a faja (girdle) to suck in all of the skin. If you plan on having gastric bypass I recommend you getting a faja (girdle) get the body one so that your skin won't hang as much when you lose the weight. Another bad thing that happened in January 20, 2010 I had to have my gallbladder removed.

The reason why I had gastric bypass was for me and my 2 kids(before the surgery). I was tired of being FAT and tired of being tired. I also did not pay for my surgery my insurance covered the surgery because I had other medical problems. Which made my decision easy. I had my stomach stapled where it was permanent. I did not like the lap band it was too much back and forth for me. So gastric bypass was for me and I would do it all over again.

For my 2011 change is the belt lipectomy (tummy tuck all the way around) breast lift with implants and fat transfer to my bottom. My Surgery date is 2/28/11. Wish me well, and thank you for reading.

Hope the surgery went well. Let us know when you're able to !

Good luck with your surgery today!

Hi YLK, thanks for your post. You've done so well to lose the weight. Your pictures really show how much you've lost. I can't wait to see the pictures after your TT!

Good luck with your surgery and please keep us posted on your progress.

Miami Beach Bariatric Surgeon

His office work very well with my insurance. He answered all my questions and was such a great teacher explaining the entire process from start to finish. He understood my concerns and always reassured me that I had a choice. Also, the office girls are wonderful.