Unsightly Acne Scars on Cheeks, Forehead and Chin - Miami, FL

My skin texture was hideous, I had a lot of...

My skin texture was hideous, I had a lot of scarring on my cheeks and chin as well as my forehead. After researching a lot and consulting with my doctor, we decided on Fraxel laser treatment, was glad because a friend of mine had same treatment from same doctor, and I was really amazed at her results and of course I wanted the same outcome. The procedure isn't much painful, I had 4 sessions done, with some arreas receiving a much more aggressive treatment. I wanted to minimize my pores, get an even skin color, improve texture and get rid of the acne scars. The redness and grid aspect faded away in about a week, I was really happy seeing my skin improving day by day. It was worth it alright, I believe the nastiest thing I had to endure was not being able to wash my face for the first few days, gross!

Thanks for sharing with us.  It sounds like your recovery was pretty low key (other than the no face washing!), any advice for other Community Members about to do Fraxel?

Amaryllis Pascual MD

She's a great doc, plenty of patience and never hesitated in giving me the answers I needed. I was fully informed throughout the laser treatment.