August 21, 2013 Hopefully, No More Kangaroo Pouch!!! No Lipo - Fort Bliss, TX

The most physically, painful day of my life. I...

The most physically, painful day of my life. I woke up from anesthia in sooooo much pain, I was shaking. My doctor had to put me a ten minute morphine pump and the nurse gave me six injections of another pain medicine. I could not urinate for the first five hours following surgery. When I finally did pee it was only 6oz. I had a full urination this morning, when my bladder felt so full, I thought I was going to burst open. My nurse told me not to force it, so I took a lot of deep breathes and sang the pee pee song out loud. I can walk upright and my drains are taking longer to fill up now. I know in the long run, this will be worth the pain.....

NOT MY DOCTOR

That is not my doctor listed above. My surgery was performed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX.

2 days post op

Going from sitting to standing is the hardest. I'm overall pleased with the results.

day before belly

1 day post op

I was scared to take the bandages off.
Hey! Thanks for words of encouragement. I also had the most god-awful pain when I woke up from anesthesia..back spasms, though. They finally resolved this AM. I was considering going to the hospital for admission only because I couldn't get out of bed without two people helping me. Now...you're right, its getting from laying to sitting. Did you have a muscle tightening as well? Good luck with the rest of it!
Yes, I had muscle tightening.
Congrats on being on the other side. Sorry you had such a difficult time immediately after surgery. Happy healing, get lots of rest!
Miami Orthodontist

My doctor is great so far. He usually perform tummy tucks as an outpatient procedure but he chose to admit me. I love him for that, I would not have made it at home. The nurses were great!! The pain pump, room service, adjustable bed, leg pump, IV pole (great for support when walking), 24hr care and the ability to have questions answered immediately was very crucial to my initial recovery. I'm very appreciative of my doctor not working with interns!!! The man in the picture is NOT my doctor.