Full Abdominoplasty Scheduled for December 20th with Dr. Hochstein - Miami, FL

I'm schedule to have a Full Abdominoplasty on...

I'm schedule to have a Full Abdominoplasty on Friday, December 20th. My name is Christie and I'm the Office Manager for Dr. Leonard Hochstein in Miami, FL. A lot of you may know him from the Real Housewives of Miami or known as "The Boob God". I've been working for him for a little over 2 years now. I decided to do a review on my whole experience because I want to share my whole recovery to let everyone know what to expect after surgery.
Anyways I'm 26 years old and I weight 125lbs. After having my son 8 years ago I was left with an ugly scar above my belly button and also with what I call the "kangaroo pouch" which no matter how much you workout at the gym it will never go away because your muscles stretched during pregnancy. These where the 2 things that really concerned me and what opted me to go with a Full Tummy Tuck. I was of course a little hesitant with the scar at first but I know from working here so long that with proper after care the scar can pretty much diminish with the right scar treatment.
I'm not nervous at all... But I'm pretty sure as the day proceeds I will begin to become nervous. I will be posting my before photos very soon!
Feel free to ask any questions :)

Before Photos

My surgery day is fastly approaching!! I'm getting very anxious and excited at the same time. Here are some before photos. I will keep you all posted :)

Almost ready to go in!! :)

Patiently waiting to give transferred to the OR to begins surgery. Got my Dr. Hochstein cozy robe on. Surprisingly I'm not nervous; just a little anxious but also excited!!

1 Day Post-Op

I'm amazed!!! My tummy looks so flat!! My surgery went really good; it took about 2 hours. Even though I'm Dr. Hochstein's Office Manager he treated me just like any other patient. When doing my markings before going into surgery he gave me his opinion on what areas I wanted the Liposuction which I agreed with him (he's the expert). He also made sure to do my incision very low since I model I can't have any visible scars. Well other than that I feel great!! I must have a pretty high pain tolerance. Anyone having a Tummy Tuck I highly recommend that you rent a lift chair this thing is amazing!!! It only cost me $300 for the month (I may not need it that long but it was very affordable and worth it!) Here is my 1 day after surgery photo... Feel free to ask some questions :)

On my way to my 1st Post-Op Visit

This Pain Pump has been my bestfriend throughout these past 3 days... It's amazing!! You don't have to do absolutely anything to it. It basically administers the anesthesia to your tummy area every hour or so. 3 day Post-Op photos coming shortly ;)

3 days Post-Op

I'm feeling really good! I went into the office today to see Dr. H and I'm healing nicely. I have a lot of bruising and swelling which is completely normal. I highly recommend you start taking Arnika Forte immediately after your surgery for at least 7 days; it helps speed up your recovery process. I also switched out of my girdle to a faja (one piece spanks) which feels so much more comfortable. The drains are surprisingly very simple, I've been draining them every 2-4 hours. I've been sitting in my lift chair all day and taking 5 min walks around my house every 2-3 hours to maintain the blood circulation in my legs. I've been drinking homemade low sodium chicken soup; I don't recommend eating anything too greasy or high in salt (after all you do want to keep that nice figure lol). Feel free to asks any questions I really enjoy educating and updating you all thru my journey of recovery :)
Here are some pics ;)

My girdle

Here's a pic of my girdle since some of you have been wondering what it looks like :)

Girdle

Ugh!!! 7 days Post Op

Hi!!
Just wanted to give you all a quick update. I went into the office today to see Dr. H and work (lol I'm a workaholic.) I'm recovery and healing very nicely. My drains are still in and I think I'll have them in for another 2 or 3 days. Now... The reason why I wrote "Ugh" on this title.... the constipation after surgery is horrible!! This has been the worst night for me throughout the entire surgery! Now I finally feel what patients call and complain to me all the time... I've taken 3 stool softeners and I just took some milk of magnesium. I also had to take a Xanax to calm my nerves (sitting on the toilet for 2 hrs with nothing but stomach pains gave me anxiety!) I'm calm now so I'm hoping the laxatives kick in so I can stop feeling this bad. Other than the whole constipation episode I'm looking good ;) Posting pics tomorrow... Sorry for the explicit information lol

Updated photos :)

Hi Everyone!!
Just wanted to give you some updated photos. I'm 9 days post op from my surgery and healing. My drains are still in and might come out tomorrow (I have my fingers crossed.) Here are some pics; feel free to ask any questions :)

10 Days and drains out!!

Hi everyone!!
I'm 10 days out today from my surgery and happy to say I got both drains removed today!! I was alittle nervous to remove them because I thought it would be painful but it wasn't at all; it was just all mental. Also Dr. H told me to start straightening out when I walk little by little. I'm also happy to say that I'm finally walker free!! No more looking like the Hunch Back of Norte Dam lol. I won't lie I walked to my mailbox all on my own today which is like 40 steps to and from my house and I felt exhausted when I made it to my recliner!! So I'm sure it's going to take some time to get back to my usual flow. I'm finally going to drive tomorrow so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm also going to try sleeping on my bed tonight with maybe 2/3 pillows behind my back to elevate me. Here are some new pics of my tummy but this was before Dr. H removed my drains; I'll post some more undated photos tomorrow. I love my belly button!! It looks so perfect; it's still healing though! (Sorry I'm obsessed lol!)

15 Days Post Op

Hi!!
Hope you all had a Happy New Year!! Sorry I haven't posted I have been really busy getting back to work. I'm practically walking completely straight which I'm finally happy about :)
My incision is healing very nicely with no issues and I feel pretty great. I'm no longer on any medications or pain killers. Only time I feel little pain is when I sneeze, laugh, or cough lol. I'm still wearing my girdle, I purchased 2 of them so I can be switching them. Showering is still not so easy; I'm just very cautious. I'm showering with an antibacterial soap and making sure I dry the incision area very well before I put my girdle back on. I'll be posting some pics shortly.
Let me know if you have any questions :)

15 days pic

Update!! :)

Hi there!! Just wanted to update everyone. My recovery is going great!! I'm finally back to work full time as of Monday. I'm almost 3 weeks post op on Friday!! Time flies!! I'm finally dropping weight and it's because the sweeling is finally starting to come down. I'm so happy with the outcome of my surgery. My insicison is so low!! Here are some new updated pictures. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Updated pics!!

Hi everyone!! I'm doing pretty great. Still healing... My incision is still very scabby and my skin is really dry since I haven't been able to use a moisturizer. Here are some new pics I'm around 25 days post op.

Update!!

Hi.. It's been a while since I updated you all with some photos. Its been a month and 3 days since my surgery and I can't believe how quickly time flies!! I'm still patiently healing (its such a long process)... My tummy still feels very numb which is very normal. I'm alittle nervous now because it looks like I'm retaining fluid (seroma) between my belly buttom and TT Incision. This is very normal within 3-5 weeks after surgery. I'm just hoping to that my body absorbs the fluid or Dr. H will need to aspirate it with a syringe. I will keep you all posted!! Here are some pics :)

Just got aspirated!

Ok... So it wasn't that bad!! So Dr. H removed a little over 55cc's of fluid from my tummy. He told me to keep monitoring it and I might have to remove some more next week. But anyways my tummy is now flatter and doesn’t jiggle anymore lol (it kind of looked like flubber with all that fluid buildup.) Just a huge relief now that I got that removed (I was beginning to get nervous.)

Update!!

Hi everyone!!!
I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to update you all; I've just been so busy!! But here are some new pics :)

Hi everyone!! :)

So I just wanted to give you all a quick update on my recovery/journey. I'm not going to lie but it has definitely been a process! I'm still very much body conscious because of my scar; my scar is currently at the stage where it doesn't look pretty at all!! It looks purplish/reddish and is very bumpy (usually the 10-12 week mark after surgery). I know it takes time to fully heal and start diminishing but I want it to disappear!! lol... I'm hoping that within the next couple months as I continue to take care of it and apply my Bio-Corneum scar recovery gel the scar will start diminishing (crossing my fingers). As for swelling I still have some swelling; some days I have more swelling than other days. For instance I decided to do a spring cleaning over the weekend and at the end of the night I was super swollen around the incision area. I'm still wearing my girdle daily; I feel like it provide nice support and especially the days I feel the swollen it helps alleviate my tummy from the swelling. I just recently started to work out; I haven't done any abs exercises since my tummy is still very numb and Dr. H suggested I wait a little longer since I still have fluid buildup in my mid-section area between my BB and TT Incision. So I've been sticking to cardio and Lower/Upper Body weights. I've still been needing to be aspirated every week or so from 20-50cc's in the same area. I'm hoping this week will be the end!
Well let me know if you have any questions... I'll post some more pics soon :)

1st time in a Bikini

Headed to the beach!! Can't wait to show off!! Lol

At last a flat tummy!!

I'll be 3 months out of surgery on March 20th I can't believe I'm finally in a bikini and in the beach!! I can't imagine how I will look at 6 months!! I'm honestly so happy with my results and I don't say this because I'm Dr. Hochstein's manager but because I can finally feel sexy in my own skin!! "Body by Hochstein" lol ;)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

sorry if this was already asked but did you take Arnica? Kind of on the fence about it....thanks
Absolutely! I actually started taking Arnika Forte 3 days before my surgery and took it out for 2 weeks after my surgery. The reason we recommend Arnika Forte is because it contains a formula with Bromelain, Arnica Montana 30x, Antioxidant, and Bioflavanoids to rapidly speed recovery from bruising, and swelling associated with the surgery. If you tend to bruise easily like I do I definitely recommend taking the supplement or if you just want to speed up your recovery process. We sell the Arnika Forte supplement on our Online Store if you need it. It’s on www.lhochsteinmd.com/store/product/ Let me know if you have any additional questions :)
Ok great thanks! I will check now...
DAMMMMMMMMM girl Dr H sure did sculpt you sooo amazing! God this man is so talented wowwwww so happy for you and i know the feeling of that first time out in your bikini all the heads turning its overwhelming to say the least and i still felt like I had the ugly stretch marks all over and the wrinkly skin. You really look great Christy xo
Yes he is quite talented... It's amazing the work of art he can create! It felt really good strutting my stuff and turning heads lol.
You look great! It helps you worked in your doctors office. Question did yo always wear your binder tight? I feel when I wear it tight I can't breathe! Also is it safe to wear a binder n then a girdle
Yes I do wear it very tight. But I only wore the binder for the first 2 weeks after surgery; you can wear both if you like but I would definitely consult with your surgeon first. I switched to the girdle/faja 2 weeks after my surgery once my drains came out. I'm still occasionally wearing my garment because I notice I have swelling periodically on some days. My garment is tight (you have to keep in mind the tighter the better because it provides more compression) but you do want to be able to breathe lol. Let me know if you have any additional questions :)
Wow! your waist is so tiny!!! you look great even with not being able to really workout. Great results and congrats again!
Thanks!! I'm really happy with my results can't wait for them to get better :)
You look great and so does your belly button ;). When I get a tad bit to my weight goal (maybe round 2), I know who to come see! You look beautiful darling ;)
Thanks!! Let me know when your ready I will be happy to help you with anything you need ;)
Awesome results! You look awesome!
Thanks!! :)
Oh you look great! Tiney tiny waist wowwwww!!! Hang in there it gets better promise. As far as the scar goes its going to disappear do not worry. I really like the scar away silicone scar sheets and I think the Scar MD (it looks like nail polish) showed me incredible fading of my scar. I dont know if it was a combination of the two or the fact that I used the Biocorneum the first 5 months but I am very happy with my scar progress. I posted some new photos now almost 8 months.. Hard to believe how fast the time goes by and how you never wanted time to past so fast as well lol! Your look gorgeous xo
Thanks!! I know it’s a process (I can't wait till my tummy looks as amazing as yours!!) ;) I will definitely try the scar treatments you mentioned. Thanks for the info :)))
Aww thank you. Im posting some new photos of my work outs and progress. My goal is July, for my 1 year po appt. Im going to be ripped for those photos! Xoxo
you look fabulous! I am seven days post op and my compression garment feels loose. Would you tell me where you got your girdle? I love how your waist looks sooooo tiny like an hourglass :)
Thanks!! Yours will get there it’s just all about giving it time. We actually sell the garments here at the office. If you like you can provide me your measurements and I will be happy to send you one by mail. They range from $80 to $100. I love my garment! I can't live without it. Happy healing!!