First Time Botox & Mixed Results

I made my appointment for Botox (as well as for...

I made my appointment for Botox (as well as for Juvederm) and saw one of the doctor's P.A.'s who answered ALL my questions before my treatment. She listened to all my concerns and had a wonderfully patient and warm disposition. The rest of the doctor's staff were great as well.

We decided to be very conservative with the injections to my mild forehead and frown lines. The areas were first marked with white eye liner pencil at each injection site. Ice was applied for about 3-5 seconds on each injection site before I received the injection. For me the injections felt like pin pricks with a little "warm" sensation as well.

I was so anxious and nervous I forgot to ask how many units of Botox were used in each area. (This is important to me because I paid $250.00 per area as opposed to per unit, so I may not be getting as much benefit from Botox as say a man in his 50's with pronounced lines.) I was instructed to not bend or lay down for about 4 hours. I also, based on doctors' answers on RealSelf, "worked out" my brow and forehead muscles for about an hour so the Botox would "bind" to the areas I needed it to work on.

Also, based on my treating specialist as well as doctors' answers on Real Self, I should be seeing the effects between 3-7 days. I'll post an update then on whether I feel I need a touch-up or not. I hope my post helps other newbies.

So how are your results? Are you happy with the results you are seeing?
Hi Curios. I am very happy with my forehead results. My brow is a different story. I think my muscles in this area are very strong because I still have pretty deep lines when I contract the muscles. I'm not worried because I asked that my treatment be conservative as I was scared of it being overdone. My follow-up is on Monday and I will ask for minimal touch-up. Overall, I'm pleased.

Glad to hear you had a good experience!  Definitely keep us posted as to whether you need a touch up or not :)

Mixed Results

I received 22.5 units of Botox on my forehead and my glabellar lines six weeks ago. I saw results approximately 6 days later. My forehead had no wrinkles. My glabellar lines were still very prominent.

I went in for a touch up two weeks after my initial treatment and received 10 units of Botox to my glabellar lines only.

It's been six weeks since my initial procedure and four weeks since my touch up. My forehead still looks amazing. Unfortunately, my glabellar lines are back. I'm really disappointed about this and not quite sure if to attribute this to super strong muscles, insufficient Botox in the area or the injector's technique.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Great attention to my needs as a patient

I called the doctor's office on Monday, November 25th concerned that my glabellar lines were still visible less than one month after my touch-up. The lady who answered my call said it was highly unlikely that I would be seen again for another touch-up but that she would check with the doctor. Thankfully, the doctor's office called me back to say Dr. Cray would see me the next day.

She examined me and decided to inject more units of Botox to the frown line area (the forehead is perfectly fine). Dr. Cray mentioned she will be checking-up on me within a week or so. She's going to monitor my results from the additional units because she'd like to narrow down the possible reasons that may have caused my frown lines to reappear so quickly after my treatment (on average Botox lasts between 3-4 months).

Whatever the case may be, I appreciate her attention and care. Great care from a health care professional, even if it is for an optional cosmetic procedure. A+

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon