Super Happy with Hair Transplant Results but May Want More - Miami, FL

Amazing results! I would call it successful. I am...

Amazing results! I would call it successful. I am very pleased with the results, minus the unforeseen posterior scar expansion. I am so glad that I pursued this transplant when I did and Jeff could work me into his schedule, because I think given my recent hair loss I would be very, very thin or totally bald on top.

After the transplant the hair started to come in thicker and in greater numbers. Several of the larger transplanted graphs (20-30) of maybe the transplanted twos and threes seemed to be rejected from my scalp and months later the entire follicle plug with 2-3 bent stubby hairs worked out of my scalp as a unit. The plug was visible with the naked eye and the scalp site is now smooth. I don't know if that is normal, but I imagine it is.

after the transplant I had virtually no additional hair loss, but just in the past month I have noticed hair loss in the shower as before. My hair is thinner than it was a month or two prior, and what concerns me is some of the hair is the thicker, coarser hair. I don't know if this typical, but I would have thought that the hair would have fallen out after the surgical shock, and not this far out.

I think what is happening is that I am having additional loss at the crown, which is obvious and the loss of the remaining hair I had prior to the surgery. The good news is, although my hair does appear thinner just in the past month, the transplanted hair looks good and camouflage the additional loss. Fascinating how this can be accomplished, cosmetically. The before and after results are sweet!

The bottom line: I am super happy with the results, but I may have an additional surgery to increase the coverage. I hope this is possible if I chose to do that in the future? For the record, I did not think the surgery post op was all that bad, but the scalp numbness for the months to follow was the worst part and I do not look forward to that. Jeff and team, thank you!
Welcome, thrilled to hear you are happy with your results! Do you have any before and after photos to share with us?
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon