I had a bump on my bridge, broad tip - Rhinoplasty - Miami, FL

I had a Primary rhinoplasty in June of 2012. To...

I had a Primary rhinoplasty in June of 2012.
To start off, I had a bump on my bridge, broad tip, and simply put, my nose "stuck out". It really stuck out even more on my oval face.
My Rhinoplasty procedure went well. I had twilight sedation which was great the first time around. My nose looked nice overall, however I had issues with the tip dropping and worse, breathing issues.
After waiting a year I returned for a revision rhinoplasty to put cartilage grafts in my nostrils to prevent nasal valve collapse. Unfortunately, this required "building my nose back up" and my tip couldn't be as narrow due to the cartilage grafts in the tip. I had the procedure recently so I haven't seen the final result of the second procedure.

Sorry you had to get a revision, but I know sometimes that's part of the process (I did, too). We'd love to see your before and after photos so we can witness your nose's transformation! :)

Thanks for sharing with us.  Did you use the same doctor for both primary and revision?
Hi! Yes, I did use the same Dr for both Primary and revision.
What grafts did you have used? I think this time around sounds more promising! :) The functional aspect of rhinoplasty is so so so important so just keep that in mind. Unfortunately there can be some trade-offs. Your tip may not be as small as it was but if it looks normal and proportional, then it's a success! I hope when swelling subsides and you are all healed, that you will absolutely love it :D
Thank you! The cartilage grafts that were used are from my septum. My tip does have a fuller look to it, but fortunately I have noticed a positive change in my breathing. Hopefully some of the swelling goes down soon as well.
Sorry to hear you had a bad exp with ur primary. I hope you will be satisfied with ur revision outcome. Pls update us.
Thank you!! I took my tape off on Friday and I am waiting for the swelling to go down. Will update soon!
Great. Looking forward to seeing ur photos.