Functional Nasal Septal Reconstruction - Miami, FL

My surgery was performed because my right nasal...

My surgery was performed because my right nasal passage was completely obstructed. The Dr. Informed me that she might have to alter the tip slightly in order to support the internal changes. At first I was psyched because I hated my nose. But then I had a change of heart. I figured the nose god gave me was just fine. Besides what if I didn't like my 'new nose' I had no idea what it would look like and it was all in her hands. Then as I was in pre op, getting my IV & vitals, Dr. Came in and informed me that if she couldn't use the Cartilage in my nose to support the new tip, she would have to take a piece of my ear! Yikes!!!! She said it would only be a slight change, and I agreed. When I came out of surgery 5 hours later and went home I freaked out and thought I looked like miss piggy!!!! I cried for a week. Fortunately once the splints came out and cast came off I looked more normal. Now, just short of 4 weeks I can say that I am very satisfied with the results! Not only do I not look so bad, and not miss piggyish... I can breathe! I am still very sore though. They has to break the nasal bones to reposition my nose and I had an open nose reconstruction. There are still many live stitches in there. I Inadvertantly pulled at a big one which runs through my septum with a Qtip todayzzzz OUCH! (Not recommended!!) anyway I'm happy with the results. But definitely a more difficult recovery than I anticipated!!!

4 weeks

Heres a couple of side views. Being as though I don't normally look at myself from this angle I didn't think to snap shots of it.. I'm kind of not that psyched about it. The tip looks kind of fat. Hopefully it's still swollen. But nothin I can do about it now .. So just hoping the internal swelling will get better soon and the STITCHES are driving me crazy!

Front view (the pig nose)

Front view. This one I don't particularly like. But again, whatever. Can't get my old nose back :-/

5 weeks

I'm grateful that I can breathe. But still feels swollen on the inside. Stitches are still very much there. A big long one came loose and I had to snip it. Getting boogers out is practically a surgical procedure. I use saline to loosen them up and use sterile tweezers to pull them out. Then I use peroxide soaked w tips after and neosporin. It's awful. The tip of my nose is really hard where before it was flexible. I also think the tip is longer than it was before? Strange. But ultimately I can breathe which was my goal so I'm :)

Does new tip look longer???

Looks weird to me.

Before & After pics
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

A young beautiful brilliant lady. She is absolutely inspiring! What she did for me was nothing short of a miracle! She was always sweet and happy to answer a multitude of questions and even let my 9 year old daughter who also wants to be a surgeon, look through the scope! I am humbly grateful. Highly recommended. Jackson Memorial Hospital.