Picosure Laser on Tattoo Cover Up - Miami, FL

Im currently in the process of removing about 6...

Im currently in the process of removing about 6 tattoos. 2 of which are pretty big and the other 4 are slightly small. I love tattoos and started getting them when i was very young, hence most of my regret. My idea is too erase these really ugly, amateaur tattoos and get beautiful tattoos over them.

1st session pico tattoo removal

My first session went extremely well although extremely painful, even with numbing cream. Im ok with the results, I see slight fading but not as much as I would hope for. Hopefully my next session which is in about 3 weeks, I see more results.

2nd session pico tattoo removal

Wow, where to even start. This experience has been one of the worst and most painful experiences Ive ever had to go through. What a toll does having an unwanted tattoo permanently marked on your body have on your self esteem and mental well being. Plus going through this horrifically painful and expensive treatment is so traumatic to your skin and of course so emotional and over whelming that I could barely even stand it. Im just hopeful and pray that this will all be over soon. But reality is I have a long way to go, for I have 4 more tattoos that I dont want on my body plus halfway to go still on this actual tattoo. Since this was my 2nd session the settings were amped a lot higher meaning more pain and more blistering and yuckiness but hey thats the price you gotta pay.

2nd session pico update (continued)

It's been almost a week from my 2nd session at tattoo removal using the picosure laser. I still feel a bit of discomfort especially when I lay down on the tattoo obviously but it's feeling a lot better over all. Plus I'm applying lavender oil and cold packs through out the day, which I read that lavender oil is great for burns and also prevents scarring. It's crazy, just once that I applied the lavender oil the blisters were just disappearing within mins so anyone doing laser, I truly recommend using lavender oil you won't regret it.

2 weeks post 2nd session pico tattoo removal

So 2 weeks later and finally no more pain and barely any peeling left, just a bit of itching every now and then. Still not completely healed but it's getting there. As far as fading goes, I would say that there's some fading but I thought it would honestly be a lot more noticeable as how it looked when it was still bruised. Now that it's almost all peeled it's really not that much but let's see as time passes a bit more cause they say that the tattoo continues to fade as it heals during the two months. Nonetheless I'm still happy w the results and staying positive that it's almost completely gone. *fingers crossed*

2 weeks post 3rd session pico tattoo removal

Hello once again fellow tattoo removal friends, it's been a while since I've done any update on here but it's finally been my 3rd session w the picosure and I'm so glad to say that the results are going very well. It's always hard because you really don't want to see any fading, you just want the damn thing completely gone!! I want to be able to wear short sleeve shirts or bathing suits it's really so hard and it really gets me so down but I have to keep being optimistic and hopefully I will only need two more sessions on this set of tattoos and I'll be done w one chapter of my tattoo removal.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

So far hes been great! I would definitely recommend!! :)

It's just amazing on purple, I had purple in my tattoo but no access to the Picosure, but had I had one close enough I would have tried it. Thanks for keeping us updated, looking great!!
Amazing results!
It looks fantastic!
WOW your fading looks awesome so far! and pics updated. Hope we see some goodness as I will be covering up as well. FOrget full removal I'm too impatient! (=
Lol! Yess and i still love tattoos and plan on getting more, just really gonna think about each and everyone of them and not just go to anyone to get them done. I've deff learned my lesson on being super impulsive about getting tattoos.
Hang in there I know it's not fun and I feel you pain but you can do this, one treatment at a time and before you know it you will be planning out your cover up and booking the appointment.
Thank you, really appreciate all the encouragement I can get :) laser tattoo removal sucks but it's the only thing we've got to remove these permanent tattoos
Got mine zapped on May 16th took a week to heal. Mine looked like that and on my knee! Should see fading with that setting. I did his time. Btw Dr. Simon doesn't have the chiller machine.
1 weeks for no blisters* FYI I'm still healing.
Post more recent pics on your healing process please! :)
OUCH!!!! Oh my word, that looks painful. Im so sorry. If you bought a package or are very comfortable with your doctor then by all means stick with it. That said, my doctor has a cooling machine that keeps the skin temp down during the treatment. It also chills better than ice can. The result is that the laser just shatters the ink without burning the skin. I had a dermatologists appointment for some other skin stuff this week and she quoted me $75 less to use the pico on my tattoo, but she doesn't have the chiller. I'll pay the $75. My treatments are of course uncomfortable, but not painful, and I have had very little if any blistering. Find the Chiller!
I don't know if he has that but it would deff help a lot, I bet that would make this process just a bit more tolerable and my skin won't have to suffer as much. What doctor do you go to?
I feel your pain especially with the heat this week in Fl! I think tomorrow is going to be 100, so I hope you have some ice packs ready ;) hang in there!
That must be horribly uncomfortable, not to mention difficult to bandage and moisturize. My second treatment looked a lot like yours does, but my tattoo is much smaller. Hang in there!
it really is, and its still so sensitive to even putting aquaphor like any touch on it hurts! thanks for the kind words
Ouch, that one looks rough!! Just be careful to baby it during healing and make sure not to go in for yr 3rd treatment until your skin is back to normal, no matter hoe long the wait in b/w. Treating (lasering) unhealed skin can cause prolonged/further scarring which can actually prohibit the laser from being as effective b/c it has to fight that scar tissue to get to the ink. Let that heal and sorry for your pain (the tribulations of laser *sigh)...hope you recover quickly!
lol, *how not hoe! :) oooops
lol thanks youre deff right on that, i hadnt even thought of it in that way! I might just have to wait longet on this one cause its pretty bad, its already been like 2 days since the treatment and it still hurts.
Oh dang- yeah wait it out. They don't tell you that b/c they want yr services/money. Taking care of yr skin is really like the top priority in laser....laser only shatters ink, the body carries the ink away-and supposedly it continues to fade for months after a session. Healthy skin responds the best to laser so the goal is to keep the skin healthy!!! Aloe plants are awesome too, although it must be hard to reach but keep it moisturized 4sure...
Was $500 per treatment on 6 tattoos? Could you clarify the price you listed. Thanks (=
$500 for two tattoos. The big one on my back, which you could see in the pics and another smaller one on my arm.
For the black ink you should switch over to a Nd:Yag (1064nm) and the redish color will require a 532nm.
But doesn't pico remove black ink? I know for the red it's not that great but I thought it would work on black ink
I think this is the question on everyone's mind, as in which is better for black ink- haven't found any conclusive evidence on either as some say Pico and some say 1064 Qswitched. Either way, Pico is known to tackle black but yes, 532 is better for red.
You know...I was actually so curious as to this that I asked this question. 1 Dr responded already saying when it comes to black ink, no one is sure which laser is better (Qswitched or Pico)....so many unknowns!!! I also wanted to know b/c I considered switching to Pico for my last few sessions but did not. Anyways, you can see his response here: http://www.realself.com/question/laser-for-black-ink-in-tattoo-removal-pico-1064-q-switched?utm_source=umnotification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=qans&utm_content=question#1327239