Hi! I am 22 and planning on getting a breast...

Hi! I am 22 and planning on getting a breast augmentation. I have always wanted one and finally saved enough money. Right now I am a 34b and I want to go to a 34d. I am planning on traveling from Virginia to Miami for it. If anyone has any advice or has experience traveling to have the procedure done I would really appreciate it!

Thank you for starting your your story on RealSelf! Will you have someone coming with you and staying with you in Miami for a few days post-op? Have you had your doctor consult yet and how did it go? Keep us posted!

Thanks! I will be having my boyfriend come with me to help me post-op. I haven't had a consult yet but I have talked to the office on the phone and been emailing with them. I wanted to get some more info on here first before I take the next step. I'm nervous about getting it done so far from home in case something happens once I fly back. I don't have the money or time off work to fly back and forth to Florida. But I'm very excited and ready to start this process! I will post pictures this weekend! Thanks for any help or advice!

I am having my breast augmentation in September. I...

I am having my breast augmentation in September. I am really big into working out and I was wondering how long it takes to get back to your normal gym routine. Also I was worried about if lifting weights and doing chest workouts would make the implants shift. If anyone has any experience with this I would really appreciate it!

My BA was Dr H also. I was done in April. He recommends never doing any direct chest exercises at all after BA. After 6 weeks you can usually go back to your full workouts and weights (but no chest). I'm actually hopefully going back to him in Oct/Nov to go bigger. Good luck

Here is a link to our Doctor Q&A that addresses some of your questions regarding exercise. Looks like most PS's suggest waiting a month to do chest workouts. Hopefully this time will pass quickly for you!

Glad to hear your bf can help you during your recovery. Since you have plenty of time until September, I encourage you to get a 2nd opinion closer to your home. I have heard of women not being able to get back to their surgeons out of state/country for various post-op reasons. It really becomes a hardship for them. Hopefully everything will be fine with your surgery, but I have even seen the doctors suggest having surgery near your home.  :)

It's finally happening!!

Hi everyone! So excited that after months of planning and saving I am finally starting the process to getting my boobs! I will be flying to Miami to get them done with dr hochstein. I have been in contact with his office all week and will have a phone consultation next week and hopefully put my deposit down for my surgery date! I am hoping to get them done the second week of November if he's available. I have been looking at flights and hotels and have good some really good deals so I'm ready to get my date set so i can book it! So excited but starting to get nervous now that it's really happening! I will post pictures once I get done with my consultation!

Had my consultation!

Hi everyone! I finally had my consultation yesterday with dr h. I am putting my deposit down today to reserve my surgery date. I am thinking November 14 if it's still available. I added my before picture and a few of my wish pictures on here. After talking with him we are thinking between 400-450 ccs. I'm so excited but starting to get nervous! Hopefully I can get my date today and book my flight! :)

Got my surgery date!

It's official!! I will be flying down November 13 for my pre op and my surgery will be the next day! If anyone has any advice on things I will need or want to bring with me for my trip I'd really appreciate it! I want to make sure I'm prepared since I won't be at home for my recovery.

If you want the look of the girl in the bikini definitely go at least 450cc. Anything less won't look like anything like it trust me. ..I know hugs Shelly xoxo
Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I try on sizes! :) you look great!!
I'm with dr H as well and my BA date is Nov 29th! I am in the 421-492 mod + range for me to attain a small d. I am so excited keep us updated!

Scared about not telling my family!

Forgot to put my stats up! I'm 23 years old, really tall 5'10 and around 145 pounds. Right now I'm a small B and want to end up with a big C maybe small D. I haven't told my family I'm getting them done because they are really against it and think its a waste of money and that I am harming my body. I'm really close with them so it's been hard keeping it a secret but I don't want to deal with the negativity and lectures. I was trying to decide if they will be more angry if I tell them upfront or if they find out I went and had surgery without telling them. I live 4 hours away from them so I think I'll be able to hide it. I wear the really padded bras from Victoria secret right now so I think in clothes it will look around the same. The only thing I'm worried about is if I'm ever in a bathing suit around them but by that time it will be over and done with so there's not much they can say by that time. I just wished they understood that I'm doing this to make me happy and feel better about myself. I'm really hoping this wont ruin our relationship.

Good luck:)
Thank you!! I love how yours turned out they have the perfect shape!

Time to start preparing! Got my supplements!

Hi everyone! I'm almost a month away now, so exciting! My PS sent me a list a supplements to take and instructions leading up to my surgery. I started taking a multivitamin and got some for after surgery as well that he said will help my healing. I also bought some coco butter lotion for stretch marks. I started putting it on twice a day to hopefully help my skin stretch once I put these big knockers in my itty bitty titties haha. I know there's not much you can do to prevent them but I'm hoping this will at least help a little! I also went ahead and bought the scar cream my PS suggested. Other than that I have just been obsessing in boobie land. I swear I spend all day looking at pictures to add to my wish pics. My boyfriend and I sit on the couch at night and he's looking at new trucks to buy and I'm looking at boobs haha. I wish November would hurry up and get here! Hope everyone is well, thanks for all the sweet comments and advice y'all have been so helpful! :)

I didn't want to have the conversation withmy grandma either. She tried to object but I told her "this is going to happen, and this is a major surgery. I need as much support as I can get right now because I'm scared. Arguing isn't helping me." You are still their little girl and when you put it that way hopfully their protective instinct to console and calm you will kick in. My grandmother stayed in contact w my boyfriend the whole day of surgery.
Thank you that makes me feel so much better! I'm so glad everything worked out with your grandma. I hope I have the same outcome! I think it will take them awhile to get use to but everything will work out in the end. By the way you look great so far!! Hope your recovery is going well!

Scared to tell my family!

Hi everyone! So I still have not told my family that I am getting my boobs done next month. We are going on a family vacation in two weeks and I am thinking of telling them then because it is the last time I'll see them before my surgery. I'm really scared about how they are going to react but I feel wrong going into surgery without them knowing. I know they think I don't need it, it's dangerous, and a waste of money. I think I'm going to tell my sister first since we are very close and try to get her to help with telling my mom together. Anyone have any advice on what to say? They don't have to agree with it but I would really like their support and I'm just oping they won't be too mad at me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Family won't talk to me now :(

Finally got the courage to talk to my family about my upcoming surgery and it did not go well. My sister and I are extremely close so I decided to tell her first. I have brought it up in the past and she would always laugh and tell me I don't need them but never gave me a hard time about it. Well I told her I am planning on doing it soon and she flipped out on me. She said I'm irresponsible and being selfish and vain. She said if I have all this money saved up I should be using it toward the family and not something superficial. She said it is a terrible idea and I will look ridiculous when I'm 80 and now won't even talk to me. I am so hurt and upset. This is suppose to be an exciting time and now I'm just bummed out. I don't even plan on telling my mom anymore (I'm sure my sister already has). I just don't want to hear any more negativity so I think it's best not to bring it up anymore. Wish things didn't have to be like this but I hope it will get better.

What for the family does she think you should buy? To not be selfish doesnt mean you have to give a cash donation of $5500 to your family to spend as they please. I have mentioned before that my grandmother got her implants in her youth and they look fine now and she's about 80. If they won't give you support there are plenty of other people who will! Keep yourheadup and they will come around! They are still your family and they love you!
I agree with V
Stupid iPhone!!!! I agree with VenusInVegas. So sorry your family isn't being supportive but you do have us here. Hope things get better for you!

Thanks everyone for the support!

Thanks everyone for being so supportive! You all have made me feel so much better, I'm so glad I found this site! My sister is talking to me again. She hasnt brought up me getting boobs since our fight. She doesn't realize that I already have a date set and have already paid for them but I'm not going to bring it up any more. I'm just going to leave it alone and be excited with my friends and boyfriend who are happy for me. Can't believe I'm just about a month away! I'll be getting all by pre-op labs done next week then it's just a waiting game! :)

Hey ! Goodluck with your journey. Also just a heads up I think you will be bigger than a "small D". From my tons of research, and exp with my 315cc high profile i mplants, I am a 32 D...I've seen people with 400cc range with double DD's. But then again bra size is confusing. I measure a 32 D at VS and I look like a B in clothing. So strange, but I think that would def get you to your goal of your pictures ! Goodluck !
Thanks so much for the advice!! Yours look amazing I hope mine turn out that perfect! I've been researching a lot and I think I don't want to go any bigger than 400. I'm really not trying to have double d's haha. I'm just nervous and hope I don't think they're too small after not going with his recommendation
Oh my gosh I am not telling my family either! The same reasons as you, they think it's a waste of money and since it's elective, but a SURGERY so they'll freak. My sister is the only one that knows. I'll just tell them if they notice after the fact...that's what I did when I got a tattoo at 18! I'm sorry they took it so bad, hopefully they'll get over it! I bet with time their opinion will change.. Good luck in November! We have similar stats, but you are taller. Also, about working out my PS told me I needed to stay active just by walking instead. I'm going to train REALLY hard for the weeks leading up to it, then my body will need the rest/recovery. I just ran a marathon this weekend! Good luck with everything!

3 weeks away need advice!!

Hi everyone!! So I'm officially 3 weeks away now and starting to over think everything! I got all my blood work and pre op tests done yesterday so now I just have to wait for November to get here! I'm getting them done on a Thursday and will fly back home that Saturday and then I'm suppose to head back to work that Monday. Please tell me, am I out of my mind for thinking I can go back that soon?! I have a desk job so I'll really just be sitting in my chair and typing for the most part. I also have an interview next Thursday for a job I'm really excited about so if I get that then I can take a little more time off work before I start there so fingers crossed!! I also can not make up my mind about sizes. I know I definitely want to be a full C and would still be happy with a small D. My dr hasn't seen me in person yet but from my pictures he is saying 450-490. I've been looking at a ton of profiles on here and I feel like almost everyone with that size is a DD after the drop and fluff. I was thinking it may be better for me to get between 375-400. I just really want once the drop to still have a shape and kind of the "fake" look. A lot of pictures I've found, I love how the girls look 1month post op and then 3 months later the top gets flat and they hang a lot more. Or maybe that's just normal with all implants? I don't want them to look like two big balls on my chest but I do like the faker look vs the natural. Any suggestions?

Thats so hard... thats my surgeon too and when he told me the size (he suggested 421-497) I was kind of shocked! He was also my first consultation and it was a phone consultation and he saw my pictures and I told him I wanted to be a small D. Then i went to another PS (even though I had my heart set of Dr. H from all of the before and afters) and I tried on the 450 sizers for the mod + profile silicone and LOVED them!!! They were the tiniest bit too big... but that PS recommended 457 for me because I loved the sizers and the tinniest bit too big will disappear when he placed them under the muscle. So, if Dr. H suggests the 457-492 when i see him pre-op I know that I will be comfortable with that. I would suggest doing a rice test, that way you can have them under a sport bra and under your clothes so that way you can gage how big you want to be, then add like 30-60 cc's and thats what you should do if you are going under the muscle because thats prob what you will lose. Also, keep in mind what kind of look you want, do you want them to look big in clothes? Because I noticed, even with the sizers that they didnt look that big in clothes, they kind of just flowed with my body and looked natural... and then when I took of my shirt and was just in the bra with the sizer it was like BOOM!!! theres some boobs!! lol Thats the exact effect I want to have, I want to be able to sort of hide them when I want, and to show them off when I want to. I think the mod + gives that versatility. But... I'm also on the other side of the BA process, so I am still learning too!
Thanks for all of your help you have been so sweet!! That makes me feel a lot better about hearing that size because at first I was like waoh is he crazy haha but I'm the same way I want to be able to hide them in clothes if I want but not be too small. I think I will feel so much better once I see him in person. Can't believe it's almost here!!
Hi Caitlin, congrats on ur upcoming BA:) I am also 5'10 and I went with 350&375 which has taken me to a Full C! I am soooo glad that I did not go any bigger....mine where over muscle as I started as a small B with enough breast tissue to go with overs.

Random question!

I'm getting the periaereolar incision and I know you get some numbness during the healing process but do your nipples ever get hard again and contract like when you're cold or will they just stay normal? It's hard to tell from looking at pictures. I'm also worried that they are going to stretch and look huge after. Has anyone noticed that theirs got bigger? I know it's not a huge deal because no one will really see your nipples but I do like mine being on the small side and hope they stay that way.

Mine are not numb, lol... Far from it! And they are always hard, to the point I have to wear a liner in my bra sometimes or they show through. But my nipple were always hard before hand too. Mine got slightly larger I guess, if I had to really think about it, but not enough that I noticed, and the size diffence looked good with the boobs getting bigger. I talk quite a bit about mine in my reviews, so if I didn't cover something and you have any questions, feel free to ask me. But remember that everyone's boobs are different, lol!
Thanks that is so helpful! I'm half to hear you are happy with that type of incision makes me feel so much better! I was so nervous I was going to lose feeling in them. I love that the scars are barely noticeable, you look great!
Glad*

Last bikini pictures!

Just got back from my family vacation at the beach. Thought I'd post my last time these boobies will look like this in my bathing suits! 2 more weeks left!! :) Cant believe it, starting to get so scared/excited! I bought a neck pillow, ice packs, a husband pillow, and snacks for the hotel. Anything I'm forgetting?!

I think you should really trust your doctor's advice on ccs. He has a lot more experience than you do. It is so typical to underestimate how many ccs you should get. My doctor convinced me to get 450 instead of 350 and he was so right, I am so glad I did not go smaller. You have a gorgeos figure already, and at your height, you can easily handle close to 500cc or even more. They will be too small apart and unnatural looking if you go too small--don't make that mistake! Also, to get the look you want, you should get 50cc or so overfill, they will have a faker look but not too fake.
Thank you! I'll definitely trust his judgement on size. I'm trying to just forget about ccs and concentrate on what shape I want. Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind when I see him! :)
oh my goodness thats what I've been doing! I know I want mod +, and I know I want to be a small D - D, but when I go to my consultation I'm going to show him pictures that I like as far as where my nipples are, how much space I will have in between my boobs, how much side boob I will have etc. Because honestly im going with Dr. H because I know that he has the ability to make the best shaped breasts ive seen!! Also, I feel like if you get 400-550 cc's at first you will be shocked, obv because were coming from A cups but as time goes on you will prob love them and be happy that you went this big. Iv'e seen a girl on here who was 5 ft 6 and she weighed 114, i'm 5-6 and 128 so I think if i go one or two sizes bigger than her I will get a similar result (because I am a bigger person ;) ) just trust your gut! Its NOV!!!! how excited are you?? Its our month for Boobies :)

Wish pictures

So only 12 days away now! Ahhh so close!yrying to concentrate on shape instead of size. Here are a few more wish pictures!

Shopping all done!

Just got all my shopping done for my trip! :) I got a husband pillow, neck pillow, fiber bars, smooth move tea,snacks for the hotel to take my pills with, straws, ice pack, make up wipes, and a pill calendar container. Here's two more wish pictures..I just can't stop haha 10 more days!!

yea im glad too xx
were like surgery buddies mines on the 12th nov were similar stats too good luck xx
Yay so excited for you!! And we are the same height :) I can't wait to see your results, you are going to look amazing! So happy to have a surgery buddy to go through the process with!

Need help!

Ok so as you all know I still haven't told my family yet. I tried to tell my sister that one time and it went horrible and she stopped talking to me for a few weeks. I'm feeling really guilty going into surgery next week and it being a secret. I've read a lot of reviews about this and most of them turned out well and their family was supportive but I can tell you for a fact my family will not take it well at all. My family is very dramatic and blows things out of proportion easily. The last thing I want is to go into surgery with them being negative and mad at me. My boyfriend and all my friends are telling me I absolutely have to tell them. I feel like I'm in a lose lose situation. I really want them to know but I'm so nervous already and I can't handle family issues on top of that. Do you think it's wrong not to tell them? Is it better to be honest and have my family not talk to me or should I just wait until I'm recovered and in a positive place to talk to them?

How are you doing!!? I am so excited for you! Your date is so soon. Hope everything is going well :)
Thanks girl!! I keep going back and forth between super excited and scared to death haha but mostly excited! I leave tomorrow after work I can't believe it! I just hope I have an easy recovery and amazing boobs on Thursday! :) how are you doing? Getting excited?! I wish you were going this week too!!

This is a tough decision. I'm sure you'll do what is best for your situation. It sounds like you have most of your recovery supplies, but just in case, here is a list of recovery items. Be sure to stay on top of the constipation issue...the pain meds can cause a lot of discomfort. Sometimes you might not feel like eating a fiber bar right after surgery so a laxative can be helpful, especially when traveling. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Leave tomorrow!!

Ahhh can't believe it's here already! I leave tomorrow after work. I've been a complete nut case. I keeping getting really excited then super nervous and think what the heck am I doing?! But I keep reminding myself how long I have wanted this and how happy I will be after :) I'm just praying for an easy recovery and amazing results! I'm excited to finally meet my doctor in person. I think it will all become real once I get to my pre op on Wednesday. I'm sure I will feel so much better after talking with him. Hope everyone is doing great and good luck to all the upcoming surgeries!! :)

Hope everything goes well! Cant wait to see results, going to see Dr. H Dec 18th!!!!!!!
Good luck with everything girl. Remember that you are doing this for you. After your ba your family will forget about it after a while. I had very conservative family and after they saw me happy and that I looked lovely and not like a porn star they were fine....even got compliments x
Thank you I really appreciate it!!

Pre op done..surgery tomorrow!!

Hey!! So I had my per op today. Dr H's office is AMAZING! Everyone there is so nice. I have read that some patients say he isn't very personable but I thought he was very nice and seemed so excited for me :) I went back in an exam room and they took my pictures. then dr h came in and measured me and gave me an idea of where to start thinking for sizes. He then left me with my boyfriend to try on implants. The sizes he picked out for me to try were 371,397, and 421. I really liked the 371 and 397 and it was really hard to tell a difference. Since I'm going under the muscle I'll need to add about 50 ccs to what I pick. Dr H came back and told me its completely my decision and he wasn't going help me decide between the two since I'm the one that has to live with them. At first I told him 397 so he said that means that he will put 450 in me. I got home from my appt and have been obsessing if that's too big. I looked at probably a billion pictures of 450 and ended up calling them and switching it to 421. They were laughing and said it happens all the time and the nurses will sit down with me tomorrow morning and finalize my size. I go in for surgery tomorrow morning at 930! Eeeek so excited!! I'm actually not nervous at all anymore! Meeting him made me feel a million times better and I am so comfortable. Thanks for all of the support! I'll see you guys on the other side tomorrow!! :)

Congrats!! Hope all goes great today :)
Hey pretty girl you're going to look amazing after your surgery mine was yesterday!
good luck for today xx

Headed to surgery!

Thanks everyone for thinking of me! You all are so sweet! I am getting ready to leave now since it have a ton of paperwork. They said I should be in surgery at 1015. Feeling good just nervous snd so thirsty since I can't have anything haha but I feel really confident that I'm going with the 421 and I hope they look amazing! I'll update as soon as I get back to my hotel and try to post a picture! Good luck to everyone else today and happy recovering to all the new boobies! :)

good luck! im confused with timing not sure if your ahead or behind in time compared to me in the uk can't wait to hear how it goes
Good luck today! !!

I have boobies!

Hi! Everything went great today. Ended up with 421 in my left and 457 in my right. Woke up in horrible pain but they gave me some pain reliever in my iv and made me feel so much better. Still feeling good just really dopped up and just tight and sore but nothing I can't handle. I'll write about the whole thing tomorrow when I'm not so out of it. Loving them so far! :)

Welcome to boobies xoxo
Congratulations!!
Glad you are doing well! Look great so far!

Love the new boobies!

Hey everyone! I'm actually feeling great! Now I know why they call him the boob god, I've had almost no pain just sore and some pressure but its totally tolerably and they look great so far :)

So yesterday was surgery and I got there at 930. I had some paperwork then they took me back and had me change into a paper gown and hair net. They gave me a robe to wear and I also brought fuzzy sock with me which were a great idea because the building is freezing! Next they had me take a pregnancy test and then went over my meds with me. The nurse was so nice and helped take my mind off of being nervous. She put the iv in me and then took me to an exam room. Dr h then came in and marked me up and made sure I didn't have more questions. I then sat in the room watching the housewives of Miami on tv while they prepped the OR haha it was funny seeing him and his wife on tv while I was there in person with him. Next they came and got me and I met the anesthesiologist who was so nice and funny. He made sure I hadn't eaten or drank anything and asked about my alleregies again (I'm allergic to penicillin) so they had to switch some things up. They told me I'd be feeling weird then I was passed out. They waned me that the stuff they use to wake you up either makes you laugh or cry and of course I was a cryer. I was in so much pain and when I came to I dint even know what I was crying about haha but they were so nice and said almost everyone does that. They gav me more pain meds in my iv which saved my life. Then they put me in a wheelchair and took me to our car. Once I got to the hotl I was ok and my boyfriend has been amazing! He helps open door and drinks and sets the alarm for my pills. He has to help me get out of bed during the night because I get really stiff and sore. Every time I take my pain pills I try to get up and walk around to loosen up which helps a ton! I'm able to do a lot more on my own than I expected. I can go to the bathroom by myself but I need help taking my pants on and off.

Went to my post op today and got my bandages off which felt amazing!! Dr h Sid everything looks great and showed me my massages. I got fitted for a bra and now just hanging out in my hotel. I feel so fortunate to have such an easy recovery. I'm getting ready to take my first shower and then I'll post some pics! There have also been a few items that have been lifesavers during my recovery which I'll make a list of when I post my pics! Thanks for all the sweet posts! :)

Happy recovery! Post new pictures when you can :)
looking good
I'm very happy your doing okay :) can't wait for your pictures!

Pictures and things that are helpful!

Here are some pictures! Please excuse my bloat! They look way bigger in person than on here for some reason. The bra they gave me is a 38 D right now with the swelling. Here's also a list of things that have been so helpful during recovery so far:

1.Bendy straws are a must! It's really hard to sit up after sleeping so these are great for taking pills during the night.
2.A neck pillow! I am a side sleeper and have never been able to sleep on my back but I prop up four pillows and then put my neck pillow around me and I have had no problem sleeping. Also, the hotel has one of those long round decorative pillows and I've been putting that under my knees to take the pressure off my back.
3.Fiber bars and smooth move tea. I used these the day of my surgery when I got home m and went to the bathroom the very next morning.
4.Definitely wear clothes that are easy to get in and out of.
5.Make up wipes were nice when you can't shower and your face gets oily.
And just keep track of your meds! I've been doing it every 4 hours and tried to switch it to 6 to see if I could and bad idea haha ouch!

The boobies are already changing shape and size so much! I'll post pictures really often because I know that helped me a lot preparing for surgery! If you have any questions let me know! :)

They look awesome!!!
You look great! Glad things are going well for you. I've gone to lunch and supper out and have felt ok just sore and pressure. I'm still taking my pain meds every 4-6 hours but my dad is worried I'll used to them so I'm going to try to take 1/2 pill when I need it. I've got to get a looser bra because the 36 I got is a little too tight. I'm thinking of getting the Under Armor zip sports bra if I can find it.
Thanks girl!! I tried to be as detailed as I could but I'm still pretty loopy but let me know if you have questions about anything!!

Back home!

Hi! Just got back home to va from Miami. Flying was a piece of cake! Made sure to take my pain meds before hand and slept through most of it. Had to switch flights in Atlanta and it actually felt good getting to walk around some. I have no pain anymore just some soreness. I feel fantastic! My boobs keep gurgling and bubbling when I move my arms to reach things it's really weird feeling haha. Started massages last night and those are a little uncomfortable but I'm just ready for them to start dropping and fluffing! My boyfriend loves them, he keeps taking pictures of them and I keep catching him staring at them and smiling haha too funny! I'll get done better pics when I get settled at home again!

what a speedy recovery!! :-D happy you're doing so great. which hotel did you stay at? xxx
That's great that you feel good day two!!

Day 3 pictures!

They are already changing so much! I love them! Still have no pain just sore every now and then and started to add more time between my pain killers. Might tighten my bra strap a little more today to push them more together. So far so good! I go back to work tomorrow so I hope I'll be ok to do that!

Congratulations to your new additions :) what profile did u end up with?
Thank you!! I got mod plus 421 in my left and 457 in my right since it was a tad smaller than my other one

Congratulations! You look so great at only 3 days post op. I'm so thrilled for you!

Drove for the first time and itchy today!!

I was suppose to go back to work today but I ended up waiting until tomorrow to go back just to get one more day of rest. I didn't want to push it and my boss texted me and said to take all the time I needed. I went ahead and tried to drive a little today to make sure I'll be ok. It wasn't too bad it was just uncomfortable turning the wheel and turning my body to look behind me when reversing. I think I'll be ok though! I'm also going to try to completely stop my pain killers tomorrow. I've phased them out so far to every 6-8 hours instead of every 4-6. I still feel great but today my boobs have been very itchy!! I do not know if its from the Percocet or from the skin stretching. I've been putting palmers stretch mark cream on twice a day to help prevent stretch marks appearing. If anyone has any other advice I'd appreciate it! My girl friends have been coming over the past few days and are all loving my new additions. I think just about all of them are saying the want to get consultations now haha so funny! Hope everyone s doing great! I'll post a day 5 picture tomorrow :)

Any tips for travel tomorrow-did you check or carry your bag on?
Hey! They plane ride went way easier than I expected so don't worry! My plan was to carry on but apparently I overpacked oops haha so I checked my suitcase and then my boyfriend had a duffle bag and we put all of the important things in that as our carry on. I definitely recommend a neck pillow if you don't already have one! I took my Percocet with breakfast before my flight to make sure I didn't have pain. I wore flip flops through security since they are easy to take off and I I told the security people I just had surgery so instead of standing with my hands in the air inside that machine they just manually scanned me. I also packed nausea pills and granola bars just in case I felt sick but I didn't end up needed them. Honestly the hardest part is the landing. Put a pillow or something cushioning on your chest and kind of hug it when the plane hits the ground so you don't bounce. If you are traveling with anyone let them take care of all of the bags and just take your time walking and make sure to dress comfy!!
Thanks for the tips! I'm traveling alone but it is a direct flight so no layover. I was going to wear tennis shoes but might wear my boat shoes since the slip on but cover my feet since it could be chilly in PA. I will definitely dress comfy and am debating the percoset pain meds vs Tylenol. I haven't had 1 since Friday night but don't want to overdo it either. The girls feel dramatically different today and I'm thankful for that. :)

Having a hard time

Hey guys, lately I've been really down in the dumps. Not about my boobs I absolutely LOVE them. I think it might be a side effect from stopping the pain pills. I broke down today because I am so bloated I feel 6 months pregnant! I was getting ready for work today and tried on 4 different pants and couldn't button or zip any of them :( i ended up having to wake my boyfriend up to help squeeze into them to get them to close..talk about embarrassing! I have no idea why I am this huge still. I'm not constipated so I don't know what's causing it. I hope I get in better spirits soon I hate being so emotional haha.

On a happier note i am in love with my boobs they look amazing. My girl friends keep saying how pretty they are and that I picked the perfect size which makes me so happy! I was going to wait until Thursday to post a pic since that will be my one week mark unless anyone wants some sooner. I have no pain just get sore especially now that I'm back to work. Tylenol has been a huge help. I ice at night if they hurt but they are getting way softer and easier to move my arms. Hope everyone is doing great and good luck to the girls that are almost there!!

It's not uncommon to still be bloated - your body may retain fluid from surgery for several weeks. Totally sucks I know. Hang in there. Your new boobs look fabulous!!!
Yes, I feel like it can just be frustrating to be uncomfortable. I would try to throw some raw juices into your diet to kind of flush the toxins out of your body and that will help with the bloat. I would also try to snag a pair of stretchy pants that could look good enough to wear to work. I'm so glad that your loving your boobies and it seems like your having a great recovery! I'm looking forward to pictures :) take care much love!

1 week post op pics!

Here are my 7 day post op pics! Love them so far!!

They are looking great!!!
They are looking great!!!
you look great

Post op questions

Hi! Just a few questions for those of you that ate further along than me. How long did it take for you to not have morning boob anymore? And when can I sleep on my side again without pain? My back is killing me from sleeping like that every night. They are a lot more sore this week and kind of feel like two huge bruised balls haha any suggestions to help for this? I've ALS fond that I'm tired all the time. I've stopped pain medication so it's not that. My boyfriend took me to dinner and a movie and I slept through the whole thing haha I felt so bad but I guess that's just my body needing rest to heal. Still love them and they are getting softer!

Omg!! You look insanely good! Be well.
Thank you so much!! I love them so far! Can't believe it's already been two weeks since I got them
Lol, that must have been one boring man movie;-) jk, I hope you get the needed rest and good rest at that. On the other hand you are looking fab!

Almost two weeks!

I can't believe I'll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow!! Time has flown by. I absolutely love them. The size and shape were just what I was looking for. I have no pain anymore and yesterday was the first day I didn't have morning boob anymore thank god! I almost feel completely normal again. Sleeping is getting much easier but I still stay on my back because they are uncomfortable on my side. My nipples have gotten really sensitive lately. I'm assuming that's from my nerves and incision healing. They just have a slight burning sensation. They also stated getting hard again when I get cold which I wasn't sure would ever happen with the areola incision. I still have no feeling in them when I touch them. I try to look away and tell my bf to touch one of them to see if I can feel it and I still can't. But I'm sure that takes a while. I have to send my post op pics to my dr tomorrow so I'll post them here. Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

So happy for you! Oh my goodness I am trying to mentally prepare for everything! I'm so glad that you are doing well! Your's look awesome in the pictures! Happy thanksgiving!
Thanks girl!! Was your pre op today?! I want to hear everything!! So excited for you!!
I didn't notice but did you get silicone or saline? You lock great!

2 week post pics

Hey ladies! Had to send my dr my 2 week post pictures so here they are! I got measured at Victoria secret yesterday and they said I'm a 34 D yay!! I love them! Hope everyone is doing great!

You look sooooooo good!!!
I understand your struggle with your family. I am 34, married with a 3 year old, and very close to my family. I've already put my $$ down and am scheduled for Jan 23, 2014. I told my family at Thanksgiving. Some had nothing to say and others were almost disgusted with my choice and didn't understand why I feel the need for this. My mom was more concerned of the "safety" aspects. I work in a trauma/neuro ICU as a RN. You would think with my job, they should know that I've done my research and am confident. I work with PS on a regular basis. I've seen great reconstruction results post trauma. I praise you for telling your family. It is now up to them to decide how they want to react. It is your body, your choice, your money, and for your own personal reasons. They'll come around. Luckily for me, my family doesn't hold grudges and are supportive ( if they don't agree, they keep their opinions to their selves). You're results are amazing and I wish you nothing but happiness! I only hope for the same great results! Now to decide saline vs silicone.?. I continue to lose sleep over these decisions. Thanks for your insight!
They look awesome :D

Ok mini freak out!

So originally my left boob was a tad bigger than my right so my dr said he was putting 421 in my left which is my bigger one and 457 in my right to even them out. When he marked me for surgery he wrote those numbers on my chest. Well I just looked at my ID card they gave me and it says my left is 457 and my right is 421! Do you think they put the wrong ones in me?! Or maybe the nurse got confused looking at me and wrote was was her right instead of mine? My left boob is still bigger so I'm really worried now. I was going to ask the office about it but I don't think they would own up to it if it was a mistake. What do you guys think?

Im sure they got it right in op as you look great. But you do need them to sort out the cards for your warranty purposes :)
Those ID cards are important and need to be correct! Strange!! I would absolutely bring it to their attention.
I would def write the office, I bet if they wrote the right sizes on you marking you up for surgery you will be fine. And the ID tags, maybe it's their right and left and not your right and left. Def write them!!

update from my dr

I emailed the office and they are so great at getting right back to you. I sent her a picture of my ID cardband she said she talked to my Dr and he looked my pictures and said I look great and I definitely have the right sizes in me. They were very apologetic for the mistake and said it won't affect my warranty.

I'm feeling great healing wise. I can sleep on my side now for most of the night without pain. I still feel sore but it's not too bad. My skin lately has felt like a really bad sunburn. I assume its just from my skin still stretching. I've been putting palmers coco butter stretch mark cream on in the morning and night and that helps. They are getting so much more squishy and I love it! My left is bigger and softer right now. Not sure if that has anything to do ith me being right handed and using that side more.

The dr office said I'm doing great ad that they drop and heal at different rates so its normal to not be even right now. She said I can start wearing any bra I want at 6 weeks post nd I can start my light cardio in the gym at 3 weeks post. I still love the size and I'm sure ill love it more once this budda belly goes away from the bloat nd holiday food haha

You look sooooooooooo amazing. Your results are gorgeous and you have such minimal bruising or anything of the nature! I am so happy for you babe.
Thank you so much!! I'm really happy so far I'm just getting so nervous about stretch marks. I've been a freak about putting lotion on them but I feel like its o hard to avoid. I also can't wait to get back in the gym I feel so huge right now but at least I have lots of time until bikini season haha but I loooove your results so far!! They have the best shape! You look great! :)
I'm glad you got it resolved!! I can't wait to be at 2 weeks post op your looking so so great!!!!!

Nervous!

I'm starting to get worried about this dropping and fluffing deal. I LOVE my shape and size right now and really don't want it to change :\ I've always liked a little but if the rounder look vs the natural and I'm scared that when they drop they will look hangy and far apart. Guess I have no control over it though and just need to hope for the best!

I'm 3 weeks post tomorrow so I will write an update and add pictures tonight! :)

You look great! Please post more pictures soon. I am with you on not wanting them to drop any lower.
Thanks I'll post more pictures tonight after work! You look great too! Love them!!

3 weeks and lots of pics!

Hi everyone! I cannot believe I have reached three weeks already but I couldn't be happier! I almost feel completely back to normal but there has been lots of changes! My boobs don't hurt anymore but the muscle still feels sore. I have feeling everywhere except for my nipples still. This whole week my nipples have become SO sensitive. By the end of the day they start stinging kind of like a sun burn and even my sports bra touching it is uncomfortable. I try to ice them when that happens and it helps. I'm wondering if that's from my nerves healing? They are getting more squishy each day, the left is way softer than my right still. I was brushing my teeth last night topless and they were jiggling the whole time, I got so excited haha. My left is rounder on top but softer and fuller and my nipple is higher, my right is a little harder, lower nipple but no swelling on the top at all.

I do my massages in the morning and night before bed. Last night was the first night I slept on my side the whole night without pain. I still have to wear sports bras for three more weeks but I on black Friday I couldn't hold myself back from bra shopping so those are the ones in my pictures.

I'm going to attempt to start back in the gym this weekend with light cardio and see how it goes. I've been using stretch mark cream twice a day and so far so good! The steri strips are still on tight on my nipples and should fall off between 4-6 weeks. I'm SO curious what my incision looks like!

Questions!!
Any suggestions on scar cream?
My left boob has a little bit of a straight line slant on the inner crease. Not sure if you can see it in the pictures but I've seen it on a few girls and I guess it has to do with the pocket. Do you think it will work itself out?
Any of you gym girls have advice on getting back into my workouts? How long until you were able to squat using the squat rack?

Thanks for all of your help and support!!

Wow, so happy there was no size mix up!
You look amazing mamas!
Hey oh my god I def know what you mean now by bloated!!! I'm not even going to try putting reg pants on for about a week!! Lol I'm going to start juicing again to get rid of the toxins in a few days!! How are you??

1 Month Post!

Hi Ladies! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Things have been busy with the holiday and work! I've finally reached 1 month post yay!! I feel great. I started going to the gym but I can still only do light cardio until 6 weeks post. I have been putting the treadmill on high incline and just fast walking for now. It feels so good to get some sort of excerise again. The boobs feel great, I'm so use to them now and don't even notice they are there anymore. The only time I get uncomfortable is laying on my side at certain angles it pushes my implant in and just feels sore and weird. I still like to sleep in my surgical bra most nights because it's comfy and gives me the most support.

My steri strips are still on and pretty tight. They said they will fall off within 4-6 weeks post op and I'm almost at 5 so hopefully they will fall off soon. I'm so antsy to see what my incisions look like but they told me to let them fall off on their own. The edges are just barely starting to pull up so I'm hoping maybe next week! I order Dermatrix Ultra scar cream which is what they recommened and I've seen some girls on here use.

I'm still wearing sports bras and have to for another 2 weeks. I absolutely LOVE my boobs and couldn't be happier. They are the perfect size and shape. They are still kind of hard when you touch them. I do massages everyday and the implants moves really easy when I push on them but the tissue hasn't soften yet. Not sure how long it takes to get squishy. I have to send my doctor my 1 month post op pics tomorrow so I'll let you all know what he says!

Here is a quick picture. I'll add a bunch tomorrow promise!

They look great, can't wait until mine feel normal.
they look great!!! I find they actually look like they got bigger!
Thanks!! I actually thought they looked bigger too!

Question for you boobie pros!

Hi!

So I sent my doctor my 1 month post op pics today. They said I look great!! He told me I can go ahead and remove my steri strips. Ahhh I'm so nervous! I'm scared to see what my incisions look like and I hope it doesn't hurt because my strips are still on very tight. My question is about scar cream. They told me I should buy bio corenum from them because it's the very best. She said its $80 for 20g which will last me a month and a half or $130 for 50g and that will last me 3-4 months. I have to use scar cream for 6 months so I'm trying to figure out if I should suck it up and pay for it or if there is anything cheaper that is just as good. I would love to hear from you all, especially anyone who had the nipple incision on what worked for you!

Thanks!!

would love to see an update!!!!
Like the way your boobies look...!! Hope it going better with the family matter... Take care !
Hey!!! How did the unveiling go!? I'm so excited/nervous for when the steri strips come off too. Oh and I bought dermatix ultra and the bottle was so tiny, and then when I went to Miami I bought the big bottle of what they recommended. I just think, if it will help the scars I'll take it :) it is expensive but if it does really work I want to hAve be invisible if I can.

Almost 2 months!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so bad at updating! I've been so busy I keep forgetting to post. Here are a few pics I took real quick! I'll update on the boobs tomorrow and get pictures of my scars for ya!

Wow you look good! I read that you tightened your bra so they healed closer together. That works? I want mine close together. Did u have a bra that tightens in front or back?
Looking wonderful and you DO look bigger!:)))
Awesome end result! Congrats.
Miami Plastic Surgeon