My Rhinoplasty Experience - Miami, FL

I'm writing this blog because I hope it supports...

I'm writing this blog because I hope it supports and comforts others as other people's stories have comforted me. I became self-conscious about my nose when I was around 10 years old at 24 I am nervous and excited to finally set my mind to doing something about it. I really feel not liking something about yourself that is dead center of your face can effect your quality of life. I have been doing my research on several rhinoplasty surgeons and I have a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein which I am excited about. The one thing I am nervous about is I heard he likes to use "Twilight" sedation. I have not spoken to him yet, but I hope he will consider general anesthesia for me because I am terrified that under twilight sedation I may hear or feel something.

If anyone has had surgery with twilight sedation particularly rhinoplasty please share with me your experience. If anyone knows of a great rhinoplasty specialist I am open to suggestions but this doctor shows a lot of promise. I am not sure exactly what day I will have the procedure done but I will keep you updated with my progress through this journey.

I chose this provider by reading reviews here on realself.com I also watched his youtube videos with real patients that were pleased with this doctor. I liked that he only does facial procedures. I wanted a doctor who has a passion for the face. I also liked that he does eyebrows as this is something I may like to have done. I have found this provider has the most years experience in facial plastic surgery and I like his natural conservative results.

Hi there,

Just hoping for an update. Have you gone through with rhinoplasty yet?

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf. This is an exciting time for you! Here's what some doctors have to say about twilight sedation and rhinoplasty. Hope it helps!