Mother of 2 Had Bariatric Surgery 2/2010 - Miami, FL

I am a mother of 2 boys I am now 29 years old i...

I am a mother of 2 boys I am now 29 years old i was weighing 325 pounds. My health was not that bad but I had just found out i had high blood pressure. I decided to go through with the bariatric surgery and i was approved with in 2 weeks.

I was extreamly scaared. I had to fast for 2 days before my surgery and wow was that extreamly hard, I cried those 2 days all day. Then it was the day for my surgery. My mom took me to the hospital at 6 am my surgery was at 7:15 am the took me in and preped me i was shaking like a leaf. They gave me medicine to calm me daown and after that i woke up once all was done.

Those 3 days after surgery in the hospital was rough. I could bearly keep any liquid down. They had to do xrays to make sure i didnt have any leaks. Wow i have to say i have never had pain so extream like that. I had to walk the hospital up and down. Then i was released and sleeping at home was so difficult.

The first month when you are retraning your body into eating diffrently is so hard. Its all mental and eventualy you get used to it. I am almost on my year now. i have lost 110 pounds and i am not exactly where i want to be but i have to say i have never been so happy in my life. Alot of people look down on people who go through this procedure but thats just jealousy. I tell you this if you Want to do it i say go for it. You will not regret it.

Miami Beach Bariatric Surgeon

He is the only doctor in Florida who takes medicaid.

Good for you!! I'm going to try to find Dr. Sosa
Study shows that bariatric bypass surgery is the best therapy for diabetes that we have today, and it’s very low risk. I don't think children should be getting this sort of thing. The only way I can see it is if it's one of those people where their life is clearly at risk.

Thanks for your review! You've done really well to get as far as you have, congratulations on the weight loss.