fat transfer experience - Miami, Florida

Afer my experience with other fillers including...

Afer my experience with other fillers including other permanent fillers I decided to try Fat transfer am still in the process of seing final results in the next few months. So far i can say that is no easy in the sense that the procedure itself and the post effects can be traumatic comparing to other fillers however that is not always the same for each patient in my case I had a lot of swelling in the TRANSFERED AREA I was very scared for a couple of days or even over a week I also had some pain bruising and swelling in the donor area.

In regards the procedure since am slim/atletic I do not have too much fat therefore it was dificult to find it even in the fat areas as belly etc because it was not pure fat there was some water and other components together with it which make the procedure a litle more difficult. However the areas were transfered so far some of the fat stayed and others the fat is gone already , for the cost I would say if continue staying some of it would be worth it even though I would need a refill.

The area around the belly even I did not have too much fat now is almost completely flat which I really like it and still is some swelling, my surrounding eye's area are so far so good as well as the area between the eyes and below my lips, I would same that all the small areas are so far so good the cheens and the area around the nose came down a lot already which mean some fat is gone already and one side more than the other. However at this point i just need to wait and see final results in a couple of months then decide if worth it to continue with another session/refill/revise or not. I will definetly continue the story.

Who was your surgeon? I live in Miami and would like to see him/her.
Thanks
This question is for both of you, what is your age and how natural looking are the results? Does it look like you've gotten work done or does it look like you've taken a nice long vacation? I know some docs "overcompensate" for any potential fat absorbancy by overfilling the cheek with fat. Other prefer to take a safer route and put small portions of fat in over time (reharvesting of course). Which route did your doctor take?
Thankyou, can you tell me please, how fillers are put into a depression, is it from the inside of the cheek, or outside/ and what kind of filler do you have put in. restalyn or perlayne. many thanks for the info, much appreciated!
You are welcome, restalyn is what most of the doctors recomend for delicate areas as the ones around the eyes but lower areas usually either Perlaine or Radiesse wich last more. Good thing about Radiesse is that the doctor can use just what you need and just save it in a freezer place and you can come back when you need it more even after months. That am not sure is possible to be done with other fillers.
Thanks once again, you have been most helpfull, really appreciate it. Pat ashcroft England.
Something similar happen to me according to the doctor and actually make sense what happen is that since one of the cheen has more volume now the other one that didn't take the fat looks to be a bigger depression than before. In my case I decided not to put more fat yet till at least 6 months as many doctors recomend to see exactly how is going to be the final look and if actually is worth it, in the meantime I just going to apply regular fillers in the depression area to make it even
Thanks, keep us informed.
I hope you'll be fully satisfied.
Did your physician take your fat from the upper belly or lower belly? Thanks for the post!
neither, it was from my thigh ( right side ).
You mentioned in your post that the fat around your belly is now almost completely gone, which you like (second paragraph). What are you referring to if not the donor area?
Oh sorry for the confusion Anon6740, all my questions had originally been for Artefield Experience. But I guess it was helpful to know where you took your fat from too! :)
Yes The Belly was The Donor Area. What happen is that when they extract the fat the fat does not come alone it usually comes with water and other componemts. For you to have an idea what they finally transplant to you is not even 5% of the total of what they extract from the donor area since they have to process it. In may case according to the doctor he was not finding to much real fat and he extracted a lot more than usual. This fact actually was not good and actually caused a litle bit of complications but at the same time even thoug was not the purpose of the procedure helped me to get rid of my lower belly area which I have been fighting for years. Just for you to know my upper belly is packed,muscled but the lower was always a problem not matter how much I worked out or watch from fat food, well now the problem is solved. That is what I why am happy about that.
So you are saying that the total fat extracted from the donor area was little. With the fat that was found in the extraction, how much was used in your face and how much was thrown away or reabsorbed? I ask because I had a lipo procedure done a year ago and all the fat came back but in totally different places (showed up in my upper arms and back - and I have always been very athletic). I am quite hesitant about doing a fat transfer because if only half or less of the fat survives/is used, I do not want any of the unused fat to randomly show up a year later in places like my stomach, etc. By the way, thanks for your replies! You've been very informative to all of us.
Thank you for your words. What I was trying to say is actually that they usually extract a lot from the donor area but they can not use it all because not all is fat they have to process it then they inject what they consider is more pure. Even that fat selected is not necessarily 100% pure, according to the doctors there is some substances are not possible to separate from the fat.

In my case the lipo part (fat extraction)was great because I did get results I did not even expected it( flatter low belly)I like it.

I don't think that you have to worry in regards your concern of some fat regrowing, they do not put back to you anything or leave it on you. In regards if the fat they will put in your face will survive is very difficult to say it according to my search including but not limited to speaking with few doctors it depends on your body and there is no way to know till you get it, as I said in a previous comment in my case I have some areas that so far the fat is surviving and others the fat is already gone. Therefore I decided to wait at least 6 months to see how much stays and decide if I would try to fill the areas the fat did not survive. To honest with you I did not like the procedure because of all the swelling , bruise, pain in my case for almost three weeks but if worth it I will do it again. In regards if the results look natural in my opinion at the begining most of the fillers don't look natural specially if there is swelling but after few days or weeks if well done it definetly look natural now I have almost a month and it look natural according to my family and I still have some minor swelling now.

Again In regards results let me tell you that I read reviews from people that says they are very happy and with one procedure was perfect and other reviews of people saying that they did it more than couple of times with minimun, some or not results. I hope my comment about my experience can help you and others. Thank you

Thanks so much for telling us what you have experienced so far with your fat transfer.

You had mentioned possibly going back for another session/refill/revise. Do they store some of your fat from the initial session, or do they have to re-harvest fat for a refill?

I had a fat transfer four months ago (not full face, just cheeks), My right cheek is great, bit the left one has a dent (depression) in it) It was there before, the transfer, but not as noticable as it is now, i wonder if some of my fat has ha been stored?. mainly because, I would not want to go through the procedure again ( of re - harvesting ), i am determined to go and see my surgeon again, otherwise been a wast of time and money.
thank you Megan for reading my comments, In fat transfer the most important factor is that the fat cells remain alive because they die very soon after they are out from our bodys (usually an hour or less)doctor has to act quick which make the procedure kind of tense. Would be great that it can be storage but I understand that is not possible or even recomended. In the event that I need more we will need to re do the entire procedure which is as I mentioned kind of traumatic at least was in my case due to the procedure itself plus the big swelling etc, of course this time will be more prepared.