Not For Me - Miami, FL

I have been getting Botox for years, and I love it...

I have been getting Botox for years, and I love it. I always see immediate results (within hours) and they last for about four months, full strength, before beginning to fade. According to my Dermatologist the results would probably last even longer if I worked out less or had a lower metabolism... No matter. 3 times a year, for $300 each treatment is a good deal for someone with very fair, thin skin that wrinkles too easily. About a year ago I was about to set up my usual appt to touch up my Botox, but a friend of ours who owns a spa offed to give me a good deal on Dysport if I came in to her spa. Ok, why not? I love to get discounts!

I went in and at the urging of the aesthetician I not only had my forehead done, but my crows feet and my nose, as well. In all the procedure cost me $675, and that was WITH the discount!! I felt sick all day afterward, had terrible stomach upset, fever and broke out in a rash that looked like hives. The injection sites swelled up far more than they ever had with Botox. I left with my husband on a vacation 2 days later and was gone for a week. By the time we returned home I realized that the results I was seeing were as good as it was going to get. My results were about half of what I normally see with botox. The disappointing results did last over 6 months, but that is no consolation for spending over twice what I normally would for half of the expected outcome.

In all, this product does not work well for me. I will stick with Botox.
Emena Spa

The staff was very courteous and helpful. The product failure was not their fault. My body simply does not respond well to this product.

Oh wow that is disappointing, especially considering it cost more in the end than your regular Botox regimen. Interesting that it did last longer than Botox would, but it sounds like it wasn't worth it.  Thanks for sharing your story!