Expect a Very Very Long Recovery - Miami, FL

I'm not sure how the manufacturer has gotten away...

I'm not sure how the manufacturer has gotten away with the claim that this procedure has minimal side effects, but they did and the profit is apparently too good for them to be truthful so here's what it's really like based on my personal experience so far. I had the procedure done on my lower abdomen five days ago. The doctor's office will tell you that the worst part is the first ten minutes when the device is applied, which can't be farther from the truth. The real pain starts when the process is over and the device is removed. For the first five minutes I was in so much pain I couldn't speak. It felt like very intense menstrual cramps.

Supposedly you can hit the gym the very same day. Total bs. That's the first thing I asked because I work out very regularly. I was in too much pain to work out. I went straight home, crawled into bed and hoped that the dull pain and major bloating would be gone the next day. Day two, more bloating and the pain has intensified. Day 3, crappier than day two plus I am starting to itch, big time, so I call the doctor's office and demand a script for neurontin. I get one along with a script for some pain patches. Now day fiive and I am literally twice as bloated than day one and still fell pain and itching despite the three neurontin pills I've taken today and the pain patch I'm currently wearing.

I have no idea if tho works but I wanted everyone out there who is considering this procedure to know exactly what they're in for since we cant rely on the doctors or Zelitiq to be honest.

It's been almost two months and my little pooch is...

It's been almost two months and my little pooch is gone. My lower stomach has never been so flat and I weigh the same. If I had to do it all over again, I would ... It was worth the pain and discomfort.
Bowes Dermatology

Hi Jenny,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I've read almost all of the CoolSculpting reviews here and the pain seems to differ from person to person, as do the results. Some people only have pain for a couple of days and some for a couple of weeks. Hopefully you'll be feeling better really soon!

Please do keep us updated and let us know how you, and your results, are progressing.