AMAZING RESULTS 5/22/2013

Hi everyone I have been considering this surgery...

Hi everyone I have been considering this surgery since 5 years ago but I never had enough money. Finally now I was able to put my deposit for surgery and I am scheduled for May 22nd. I am so excited, I don't live in Miami so I know I will have other expenses associated with the surgery. I will have to get a medical clearance and get my prescriptions and garments. I know what it is to get a surgery like this because 3 years ago I had liposuction in my abdomen and back. I know how the pain is right after surgery but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Anyways, I sent my pictures to my coordinator and the doctor said I don't really need to gain weight. So that is a good thing. :) I will update till my surgery date on everything that has to do with the procedure..

May 7 hey everyone just thought I would update....

may 7 hey everyone just thought I would update. today I got my blood work done at a lab. the doctor told me I cannot get medical clearance due to the fact that I have anemia. and now I'm so disappointed I don't know what they will tell me from Mendieta's office. I am so anxious to speak to them tomorrow about this. I definitely didn't see this coming and I am sad to think that my surgery might be postponed! what a bummer :( and I was so excited...Has anyone else had this same issue?

So I got a call yesterday and they told me to try...

So I got a call yesterday and they told me to try to eat everything that has iron... And I only have 5 Days to check my hemoglobin...if its gone up I will have the surgery it must be postponed. I will kno 3 days before the surgery if I have it or not. I'm so nervous :( So I will know by next Friday may 17 if I will have my surgery or not and the surgery is scheduled for may 22. If I confirm next week that I will be having the surgery then I will post my pre-op pictures!!!!!!!

Heading for Miami

Hey everyone I wanted to update!! So I got my results back and I am still not where I am supposed to be with my iron levels. However Andrea the patient coordinator said that I will be checked on Monday once more in Miami. So that basically means I have three days to get my iron levels up.

I'm coming from out of state so I am leaving for Miami tonight. It is quite a drive.

My surgery is on Wednesday!! Yikesss!!! Wish me luck, I'm so nervous!! I can't believe I'm meeting the doctor ONLY 1 day BEFORE SURGERY!! This is crazy!!!! Ahhhhhhh hope everything goes smoothly. I will now update my before pics

DAY BEFORE SURGERY

Hey everyone I just wanted to update. Well today is one day before the surgery however I don't know if I will be having it or not. I had to repeat the lab work yesterday and wow was it expensive. In all the times I did my lab work I have spent nearly $600. This surgery is really stressing me out :( i will find out today if I am having it and today is also my consultation with Dr Mendieta if at the end They tell me I'm good to go. I had to cancel my hotel reservation I had for 10 days because of the possibility I won't get cleared. I'll update once more today.

Cleared for surgery

I have been cleared for surgery. I got to meet Dr. Mendieta today. I didn't really have any questions prepared but I did have some photos of how I wanted to look like.. He told me he would do his best to meet my expectations. I am so nervous. SURGERY IS IN LESS THAN 7 HOURS. I got all my meds today and my garment. pricy!! hope its worth it at the end. :)

Before Pictures

My before Pictures

SURGERY

i'm out of surgery. wow am I in pain....its intolerable...you can only lay flat on your stomach. if you try to get up you feel really dizzy. tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr Mendieta. I will keep ya updated

1 WEEK POST OP

Hello everybody... Thanks for the support!!! Its been one week since the surgery! Last Friday I had to fly out to my hometown due to a family emergency. YES I was just 2 days out and I had to get on a plane and sit for 4 hrs... I know I wasn't suppose to but I had no other choice :(.

Okay so I am very swollen all over and pretty bruised up... However I can tell the difference... Wow do I have a big bum... I actually hope it goes down cause its huge.. I will try to update and post some pictures.... :)

Anyways I'm now home however I still have my drains out. I will have them removed by another doctor here. I was told by Dr M that is okay.

Day 8

Okay so I was reading on the Internet all these crazy stories about how much it hurt to get your drains out! So today I noticed that the drain is being held by the stich that is in place... Using one of those small scissors like the mini ones I cut the mini string and pulled the drain myself very slowly!!!! YES I DID THIS MYSELF. I'm crazy I know!! I have four in total but only two were ready to come out! It was painless. I slowly watched in the mirror how they came out!! I took the one from my belly button and the other one from my low back right on top of my butt crack.. It was a piece of cake...

I wouldn't of done this by myself had I been in Miami but I'm far away and I feared that another doctor would not give me the attention I needed and would have made it a nightmare!!

That's that!!! :) as far as pictures go for some reason I can't upload from my phone... So as soon as I get a chance I will upload for you guys to see!!

17 days post up

well today is day 17.....and I haven't updated in a while.....im doing better the pain has gone away. I have lots of pics but currently can't upload since sth is up with my home internet. lol. wow I feel different I look different and I am different. definitely has changed me in a good way. ladies believe me this is the best doctor ever. I want to write so much but im short of time...I will though soon I promise.

MORE PICTURES

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FOR YOU GUYS

DAY 17

HEY EVERYONE TODAY IS DAY 17 I WROTE A SMALL UPDATE EARLIER BUT I AM AT A WIFI HOTSPOT SO I WANTED TO SHARE. I TOOK THE DRAINS OUT MYSELF ON DAY 10....I READ ONLINE THAT YOU COULD DO THIS AND I WAS SCARED GOING TO THE DOCTOR..MIGHT SOUND LITTLE SCARY BUT O WELL. I MUST SAY I DID CRY WHEN TAKING THE FRONT TWO OUT. PAIN...AND IT WAS THE LONGEST TUBE EVER...YUCK.

I AM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER..MY JEANS DONT FIT ME BECAUSE OF MY HIPS AND NEW BUM :) GOOD THING THAT MUST MEAN IM GOING SHOPPING SOON ENOUGH. I STARTED WORKING ON DAY 12 SO I DID HAVE TO DRIVE EVERYDAY BACK AND FORTH AND WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT IT. I USED A PILLOW TO PUT UNDER MY LEGS....THE DOCTOR DID TELL ME NO SITTING FOR 2 MONTHS BUT I DID HAVE TO RETURN TO WORK SO WITH THE PILLOW IT DOESNT PUT SO MUCH PRESSURE.

I AM NOW ON A DIET AND AIMING TO LOSE 20 POUNDS. THE DOCTOR WASNT ABLE TO LIPOSUCT MY ARMS SO I NEED TO LOSE OVERALL WEIGHT TO NOTICE A DIFFERENCE...AND I DO HAVE A SMALL DOUBLE CHIN HAHAH IM SO CONCIOUS ABOUT. IM EATING SALADS ON A DAILY BASIS, LOTS OF PROTEIN AND FRUIT. I WANT TO START A NEW HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. SEEING MYSELF IN THE MIRROR MOTIVATES ME TO WANTING TO BE HEALTHY. I SEE THAT IM GETTING SLIMMER DAY BY DAY IN MY WAIST AND I AM LOVING IT. I DONT KNOW MY MEASUREMENTS BEFORE BUT I WILL CALL AND ASK THE OFFICE. THEN I WILL GO TO GET MEASURED NOW TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

I WILL BE VISITING A DERMATOLOGIST TO SEE WHAT TREATMENT I CAN START FOR THE FEW SCARS I HAVE. I WANT THEM GONE. LOL

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY AND CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT I WILL LOOK LIKE IN A MONTH. :)

PEACE AND MUCH LOVE....OH AND ASK ME ANYTHING YOU WANT FOR ALL THE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES LOOKING TO GET THIS DONE.

:) ill update again in the near future with more pics. :)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I chose this doctor after looking at his work on his website. He seems like he is an artist.