AMAZING RESULTS 5/22/2013

Hi everyone I have been considering this surgery...

Hi everyone I have been considering this surgery since 5 years ago but I never had enough money. Finally now I was able to put my deposit for surgery and I am scheduled for May 22nd. I am so excited, I don't live in Miami so I know I will have other expenses associated with the surgery. I will have to get a medical clearance and get my prescriptions and garments. I know what it is to get a surgery like this because 3 years ago I had liposuction in my abdomen and back. I know how the pain is right after surgery but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Anyways, I sent my pictures to my coordinator and the doctor said I don't really need to gain weight. So that is a good thing. :) I will update till my surgery date on everything that has to do with the procedure..

May 7 hey everyone just thought I would update....

may 7 hey everyone just thought I would update. today I got my blood work done at a lab. the doctor told me I cannot get medical clearance due to the fact that I have anemia. and now I'm so disappointed I don't know what they will tell me from Mendieta's office. I am so anxious to speak to them tomorrow about this. I definitely didn't see this coming and I am sad to think that my surgery might be postponed! what a bummer :( and I was so excited...Has anyone else had this same issue?

So I got a call yesterday and they told me to try...

So I got a call yesterday and they told me to try to eat everything that has iron... And I only have 5 Days to check my hemoglobin...if its gone up I will have the surgery it must be postponed. I will kno 3 days before the surgery if I have it or not. I'm so nervous :( So I will know by next Friday may 17 if I will have my surgery or not and the surgery is scheduled for may 22. If I confirm next week that I will be having the surgery then I will post my pre-op pictures!!!!!!!

Heading for Miami

Hey everyone I wanted to update!! So I got my results back and I am still not where I am supposed to be with my iron levels. However Andrea the patient coordinator said that I will be checked on Monday once more in Miami. So that basically means I have three days to get my iron levels up.

I'm coming from out of state so I am leaving for Miami tonight. It is quite a drive.

My surgery is on Wednesday!! Yikesss!!! Wish me luck, I'm so nervous!! I can't believe I'm meeting the doctor ONLY 1 day BEFORE SURGERY!! This is crazy!!!! Ahhhhhhh hope everything goes smoothly. I will now update my before pics

DAY BEFORE SURGERY

Hey everyone I just wanted to update. Well today is one day before the surgery however I don't know if I will be having it or not. I had to repeat the lab work yesterday and wow was it expensive. In all the times I did my lab work I have spent nearly $600. This surgery is really stressing me out :( i will find out today if I am having it and today is also my consultation with Dr Mendieta if at the end They tell me I'm good to go. I had to cancel my hotel reservation I had for 10 days because of the possibility I won't get cleared. I'll update once more today.

Cleared for surgery

I have been cleared for surgery. I got to meet Dr. Mendieta today. I didn't really have any questions prepared but I did have some photos of how I wanted to look like.. He told me he would do his best to meet my expectations. I am so nervous. SURGERY IS IN LESS THAN 7 HOURS. I got all my meds today and my garment. pricy!! hope its worth it at the end. :)

Before Pictures

My before Pictures

SURGERY

i'm out of surgery. wow am I in pain....its intolerable...you can only lay flat on your stomach. if you try to get up you feel really dizzy. tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr Mendieta. I will keep ya updated

1 WEEK POST OP

Hello everybody... Thanks for the support!!! Its been one week since the surgery! Last Friday I had to fly out to my hometown due to a family emergency. YES I was just 2 days out and I had to get on a plane and sit for 4 hrs... I know I wasn't suppose to but I had no other choice :(.

Okay so I am very swollen all over and pretty bruised up... However I can tell the difference... Wow do I have a big bum... I actually hope it goes down cause its huge.. I will try to update and post some pictures.... :)

Anyways I'm now home however I still have my drains out. I will have them removed by another doctor here. I was told by Dr M that is okay.

Day 8

Okay so I was reading on the Internet all these crazy stories about how much it hurt to get your drains out! So today I noticed that the drain is being held by the stich that is in place... Using one of those small scissors like the mini ones I cut the mini string and pulled the drain myself very slowly!!!! YES I DID THIS MYSELF. I'm crazy I know!! I have four in total but only two were ready to come out! It was painless. I slowly watched in the mirror how they came out!! I took the one from my belly button and the other one from my low back right on top of my butt crack.. It was a piece of cake...

I wouldn't of done this by myself had I been in Miami but I'm far away and I feared that another doctor would not give me the attention I needed and would have made it a nightmare!!

That's that!!! :) as far as pictures go for some reason I can't upload from my phone... So as soon as I get a chance I will upload for you guys to see!!

17 days post up

well today is day 17.....and I haven't updated in a while.....im doing better the pain has gone away. I have lots of pics but currently can't upload since sth is up with my home internet. lol. wow I feel different I look different and I am different. definitely has changed me in a good way. ladies believe me this is the best doctor ever. I want to write so much but im short of time...I will though soon I promise.

MORE PICTURES

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FOR YOU GUYS

DAY 17

HEY EVERYONE TODAY IS DAY 17 I WROTE A SMALL UPDATE EARLIER BUT I AM AT A WIFI HOTSPOT SO I WANTED TO SHARE. I TOOK THE DRAINS OUT MYSELF ON DAY 10....I READ ONLINE THAT YOU COULD DO THIS AND I WAS SCARED GOING TO THE DOCTOR..MIGHT SOUND LITTLE SCARY BUT O WELL. I MUST SAY I DID CRY WHEN TAKING THE FRONT TWO OUT. PAIN...AND IT WAS THE LONGEST TUBE EVER...YUCK.

I AM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER..MY JEANS DONT FIT ME BECAUSE OF MY HIPS AND NEW BUM :) GOOD THING THAT MUST MEAN IM GOING SHOPPING SOON ENOUGH. I STARTED WORKING ON DAY 12 SO I DID HAVE TO DRIVE EVERYDAY BACK AND FORTH AND WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT IT. I USED A PILLOW TO PUT UNDER MY LEGS....THE DOCTOR DID TELL ME NO SITTING FOR 2 MONTHS BUT I DID HAVE TO RETURN TO WORK SO WITH THE PILLOW IT DOESNT PUT SO MUCH PRESSURE.

I AM NOW ON A DIET AND AIMING TO LOSE 20 POUNDS. THE DOCTOR WASNT ABLE TO LIPOSUCT MY ARMS SO I NEED TO LOSE OVERALL WEIGHT TO NOTICE A DIFFERENCE...AND I DO HAVE A SMALL DOUBLE CHIN HAHAH IM SO CONCIOUS ABOUT. IM EATING SALADS ON A DAILY BASIS, LOTS OF PROTEIN AND FRUIT. I WANT TO START A NEW HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. SEEING MYSELF IN THE MIRROR MOTIVATES ME TO WANTING TO BE HEALTHY. I SEE THAT IM GETTING SLIMMER DAY BY DAY IN MY WAIST AND I AM LOVING IT. I DONT KNOW MY MEASUREMENTS BEFORE BUT I WILL CALL AND ASK THE OFFICE. THEN I WILL GO TO GET MEASURED NOW TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

I WILL BE VISITING A DERMATOLOGIST TO SEE WHAT TREATMENT I CAN START FOR THE FEW SCARS I HAVE. I WANT THEM GONE. LOL

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY AND CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT I WILL LOOK LIKE IN A MONTH. :)

PEACE AND MUCH LOVE....OH AND ASK ME ANYTHING YOU WANT FOR ALL THE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES LOOKING TO GET THIS DONE.

:) ill update again in the near future with more pics. :)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I chose this doctor after looking at his work on his website. He seems like he is an artist.

your results are amazing! did your legs hurt really bad afterwards? if so how long because i know they require us to walk alot post op and im scared that i wont be able to?
you look great! I am now at 8 day po from Dr. M
Thanks so much for the review, I'm thinking about choosing mendieta and its post like this that really help :) how big and whereabouts is the scarring? Heaps of love x
Do the scars every go away lol I just wanted to know and how long dose it talk to heel
You are looking amazing!!! :) Good on you girl! ;)
I'm so happy and proud of you. You look amazing. Keep up the good work. I can't believe you took out the drains yourself. You are so brave! I screamed and cried on day3 when removed at doctors offc. Loving your results.
Thanks... I know kind of crazy I did it myself!! :) but I'm loving the results...
Oh my goodness! How are you feeling? I'm sorry you had a family emergency and hope you are ok. I live in Boston, but not too many people do this here. May I ask where you live? Please update...I have a consultation friday!!!
How much was your deposit? do they offer financing?
How much was your deposit and your total cost? I am highly interested but the money is def. a lot.
I paid 3000 for the deposit! When I went to Miami I paid the rest
Thanks! Is it worth it?
It's 150% worth it
Can you tell me where you live and if you wen t alone? You look great! Tell me exactly what you did!
Hi doll....how are you feeling? Pray you are doing well. Hugs
Hi I'm feeling a bit better... However the drains are a pain
Oh I hear you loud and clear. I couldn't wait to get mine out. Unfortunately it took me longer than I had hoped. My right one was draining like crazy still on day 10.
I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better as well. I can't wait to see some pics :)
Congrats and hang in there. I'm on day 5 and feel a little better. It takes time. Hugs
I'm trying to I'm on day 7... Hope you are recovering well :)
congrats on your bbl. get some rest and post pics when you can. we are all very excited for you!
Thanks for your comment.. Its painful however its getting better..Yes I will post some pics as soon as I can...
Hope you are recovering well. :)
Thanks
I hope you are doing well! I hope you are healing well. Excited to see pictures once you feel better :)