Bulge Near Incision After Tummy Tuck - Miami, FL

I had a tummy tuck done in June 2012 and I saw...

I had a tummy tuck done in June 2012 and I saw this bulge as soon as I woke up from surgery. The DR believed it was swelling at first but then realized it was not swelling. He put a needle inside and there was no fluid. Then he tried lipo under local anesthesia in the area but there was no fat. The bulge is still there and in the incision when I touch it there is a hard small mass. I had a scar revision done in April 2013 and he removed the dog ears and made my belly button smaller. The bulge did go down compared to how it was originally but it is still there. I wear my garment all the time with a board on that side. It is flattened down but I notice that if I dont wear it all day the bulge appears again. Now I have no clue what to do or what it can be. Help please!

Who did your surgery? I'm not being rude (I promise) but you need to ask him or her for a revision. The scar placement is extremely high and the scar is very thick. Most tummy tucks don't look like this 2 years post op. I'm so sorry you had to go through this.
hi. I did ask for a revision but he ended up not touching the side he was suppose to correct he said that it didn't look like it needed to be revised but yet I still have the bulge and Im waiting to hopefully get the money to pay to correct it eventually.
Your surgeon should be hit with a medical board complaint. I would be so upset. If you do come up with the money, I'd suggest using Hochstein, or attest scheduling a consultation with him or another surgeon. Any surgeon would be able to tell you more about the issues you're having since your original surgeon isn't doing anything.
*at least
I have thought about suing him but I don't think I can since he does not have medical malpractice insurance but I've paid for the initial surgery and then a revision but nothing was done on that side where he was suppose to fix. it's been really difficult to deal with because when Im bloated it feels like the skin is breaking apart from within it just hurts
you can still sue him and has to have insurance to practice ....contact the medical board in your state
and please tell us who this Doctor is? so no one else has to go thru it
Hello are you ok
no i have not been able to fix it
I'm sorry to hear this, I would not go back to that plastic surgeon, I'm sure a different PS would actually help you.
This is definitely not a typical tummy tuck. What was your doctors name? I'm sure women in the area would want to know so they could avoid him and the trouble he's caused.
Omg what did that Dr do to you.......and this was in the US?
It was a Dr. in Miami, FL and yes it was done here. I still dont have an answer to exactly what it is that I have. He said its a mystery to him because he has never had that problem but then recently he said it was an edema. I dont believe it I feel like a hard spot on the actual incision. I paid for the revision but its like nothing has happened. I dont even know what else to do.
It look like it has started to keloid over the incision area.....go to you family practice or obg Dr asap and have them do ultasounds and or ex rays time see what this man has done to you. My second call would be to a lawyer.....take lots of photo and keep up with the phone calls u make to him complaining. A another PS might not touch you but do pass Dade county and ask one to please advise u......my prays are with you.
and report him to the medical board in your state