Breast Lift Without Implants. - Miami, FL

At 19 years old, I had extremely large saggy boobs...

At 19 years old, I had extremely large saggy boobs. Therefore, I began researching breast lifts. I went to several places until I finally met Dr. Marcelo Ghersi. He was really friendly, and wasn't in a rush compared to the several other doctors I had met before. He took time measuring my breasts, and explaining to me the procedure. He also explained to me the post operations instructions that doctors never feel obligated to give themselves.

Dr. Marcelo Ghersi was realistic about how much he had to cut me, unlike other doctors who minimized it and told me that during the surgery he would make the final decision. He also explained to me that I was still going to have the regular drop since I wasn't getting implants. So that I shouldn't expect my boobs to reach my collarbone, like many people do.

After this, I made up my mind of who I wanted my surgeon to be. I had surgery 8 days after I met Dr. Ghersi.

Since it was my first surgery with full anesthesia, I was extremely terrified of how it was going to go. Once I got to the clinic, I met once again with Dr. Ghersi and later with the anesthesiologist right before the surgery. They were able to calm me down, and assure me that everything was going to go well.

A few minutes later, I was taken to the operation room and don't remember anything until waking up.

When I woke up, I had minor comfort. I remember the first thing I did was check under the covers and look at my perfectly lifted breasts. Even though they were covered with gauges, I could still see the huge difference. Thirty minutes later, I was able to go home.

I ate some chicken soup as soon as I got home, and one pain medication (I was allowed to take 2 at a time, but 1 was enough since I didn't have much pain).

I would say the most difficult part of the post op would be the sleeping position. You have to sleep in an inclined position, so you're not in pain. When I would try to sleep straight, the pain was unbearable because of the position. I slept inclined the first 4 nights, and then began sleeping straight since it wasn't painful anymore. Also, regarding the pain medication I stopped taking it two days after my surgery since I didn't need it anymore.

Now it's been almost a month after my surgery, and I can honestly say I don't regret anything about it. I would definitely get it done again if needed in the future (after breastfeeding or when I'm older due to aging). And I would without a doubt recommend it to any family member or close friend.

The scars are already less noticeable. But you do have to be realistic that you are having surgery, and scars are inevitable. I knew this before having surgery, but in my opinion I rather have perfectly lifted breasts with some scarring, then saggy breasts. But to each their own, right?

I know the thought of having surgery is scary, especially if it's your first time like it was mine, but it's definitely worth it if you have the doctor that you feel is right for you.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

There are thousands of different plastic surgeons out there, with many different specialties and skills. I would know, since it was my first time having plastic surgery I did research on many different plastic surgeons to make sure I found the right on for ME. That's what really matters at the end of the day, making sure that your surgeon is the perfect on for you. I realized the Dr. Marcelo Ghersi was the right plastic surgeon for me when I met him the first time. Unlike many other surgeons I met, he actually spent time analyzing my case and explaining to me how the procedure would be done. Also, he tries to get to know you personally and asks you about your studies and culture. He was making jokes also, trying to lighten the mood since I was really nervous about the whole surgery idea. After my surgery, he was really concerned about how my breasts were shaping and about my scarring. Which not many plastic surgeons care about. I could go on and on about why I picked Dr. Marcelo Ghersi, and why I would recommend him to even my closest of friends and family. But honestly, what really convinced me to pick him was the fact that he actually cared. The first time I met him, he showed genuine concern and it didn't seem like he was in a rush to go see another patient or do something else. This is really hard to find in a surgeon since they are really busy people. I really recommend Dr. Marcelo Ghersi, so if you're looking for a surgeon, go meet up!

Can I see pics

Thank you for taking the time to share your story on RealSelf. Have you found yourself looking in the mirror more often at your newly shaped breasts? I bet it feels so nice to fit properly in your bras...and to sometimes even not wear a bra without worrying. Just curious as to how your cup size changed, if at all? I agree, don't worry about the scarring. The scars will fade a lot in time. Keep us posted and congratulations!